• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Snowy arrives in Motostoke and signs up to participate in the Gym Challenge. Watch here as Snowy encounters some rather noisy individuals in a hotel lobby.

How would you Translate the New Steel Move?

Reaction score
Personally, I'm leaning towards: "Do Ore Dire Straits", but that's probably too long.

From Serebii:

Back in April, CoroCoro ran a competition for the most powerful Steel-type move's name and today they have announced the winner. The move, known by Duraludon is known in Japan as roughly "Exhaustive Beam" or Do-or-Die Resistance" (てっていこうせん). This name is a pun based on two different Japanese phrases with the word behind it including the words Iron & Beam as well as the phrase Do-or-Die Resistance making an exact translation tricky. This move is Steel-type, Special with 140 base power and will do recoil of 50% of the user's HP.

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
I hope whatever it is, they use some metal other than “iron” or “steel”. I also like alliteration when it comes to strong moves. Something like:
-Mercurial Mayhem
-Silver Stream
-Cobalt Cannon
-Barium Blast
-Lead Laser
-Aluminium Assault

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
I think the official english translation is All-Out Resistance

Compulsive Fact-Checker
Reaction score
I hope whatever it is, they use some metal other than “iron” or “steel”. I also like alliteration when it comes to strong moves. Something like:
-Mercurial Mayhem
-Silver Stream
-Cobalt Cannon
-Barium Blast
-Lead Laser
-Aluminium Assault
Rhenium Resolve?

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
-Mercurial Mayhem
-Silver Stream
-Cobalt Cannon
-Barium Blast
-Lead Laser
-Aluminium Assault
It’s either “Settling Bismuth” or “Let’s Get Down to Bismuth” for me.

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Based off of the animation, Flashier Cannon :v /s

Reaction score
Its a move that animation shows it causes a blast right?
Looks like its should be "Alloy Blast"?
It looks like a beam but it works like a cannon and causes a blast on the trailer that hurts the usser thats made of Alloy. Like old historical canons that after some shots were broken.
Could be a sound move.
Better that Bulletproof will block it.
We ready have Flash cannon.

Reaction score
Bismuth Blast, but even then, sounds too complicated for children. Wait, does that even matter?
The japanese name for night slash is crossroad kill, it refers to the fact that in feudal japan, samurai warriors had the right to kill someone crossing the road just to check how sharp is their new sword. So I don't think they care about children while naming stuff

Reaction score
Well, to make a comparison with another language, in Spanish it's called Meta-Laser. YMMV if that is a better name.