• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh How would you Translate the New Steel Move?

Reaction score
Personally, I'm leaning towards: "Do Ore Dire Straits", but that's probably too long.

From Serebii:

Back in April, CoroCoro ran a competition for the most powerful Steel-type move's name and today they have announced the winner. The move, known by Duraludon is known in Japan as roughly "Exhaustive Beam" or Do-or-Die Resistance" (てっていこうせん). This name is a pun based on two different Japanese phrases with the word behind it including the words Iron & Beam as well as the phrase Do-or-Die Resistance making an exact translation tricky. This move is Steel-type, Special with 140 base power and will do recoil of 50% of the user's HP.

I hope whatever it is, they use some metal other than “iron” or “steel”. I also like alliteration when it comes to strong moves. Something like:
-Mercurial Mayhem
-Silver Stream
-Cobalt Cannon
-Barium Blast
-Lead Laser
-Aluminium Assault
Rhenium Resolve?

I hope whatever it is, they use some metal other than “iron” or “steel”. I also like alliteration when it comes to strong moves. Something like:
-Mercurial Mayhem
-Silver Stream
-Cobalt Cannon
-Barium Blast
-Lead Laser
-Aluminium Assault
It’s either “Settling Bismuth” or “Let’s Get Down to Bismuth” for me.

Its a move that animation shows it causes a blast right?
Looks like its should be "Alloy Blast"?
It looks like a beam but it works like a cannon and causes a blast on the trailer that hurts the usser thats made of Alloy. Like old historical canons that after some shots were broken.
Could be a sound move.
Better that Bulletproof will block it.
We ready have Flash cannon.

Bismuth Blast, but even then, sounds too complicated for children. Wait, does that even matter?
The japanese name for night slash is crossroad kill, it refers to the fact that in feudal japan, samurai warriors had the right to kill someone crossing the road just to check how sharp is their new sword. So I don't think they care about children while naming stuff

Steel Beam.

:lapras:

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom