• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would your favorite ship celebrate Valentine's day?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72389
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 72389

Greetings fellow shippers! Since today is the Valentine's day, we thought it would be a good idea to discuss how our favorite pairings would celebrate this special day.

You can post your ideas or headcanons about how your favorite ship (or ships) would celebrate Valentine's day over here!

Some questions to begin the discussion:-

1) Would your favorite pairing be interested in celebrating Valentine's day?

2) If yes, do they buy flowers, chocolates, cards, gifts etc for each other?

3) Would they be interested in going out on a date to restaurants or movies on this day?

4) If they haven't yet confessed their feelings to each other, would they think of doing so on this day?

5)If they have been dating for a while, would one of them be interested in proposing to the other on this day?

6)And, if they are happily married (maybe not in canon but in your headcanons), how will they celebrate Valentine's day in that case?

1) Yes Ash and Gary - closet romantics ;) omg that would be the best
2) Tickets for Pokemon match or something?
3) Eh probably the movies haha, I don't think they are restaurant people but big eaters
4) I think Ash would be hella romantic and Gary will be like awww
5) Would definetely be Ash
6) Probably wine, gifts, romantic stuff ;)

Favorite ship is FerrisWheelShipping so....

1) Definitely. Jsut because N wouldn’t understand the holiday. So Hilda would be teaching him.
2) I think thy would do all that just to have the full experience since it would be a learning experience rather than a normal valentines.
3) Probably a walk in a park with some wild Pokémon. Some fun window shopping. And dinner to end the night.
4) Nah. They wouldn’t be thinking like that.
5) Same as 4.
6) If it would be some time in the future, probably spent doing activities they enjoy together.

Well, as a very passionate AmourShipper, here are a few things I could see happening with Ash and Serena. ^^

1. Serena, very much interested. Ash… eh, not as much. Unless the celebration involved food and battles, of course.

2. I could see Ash gifting to Serena his bolt seal from the Wallace Cup, after finding out that she is into Contests. Not sure about Serena, but I could see her giving him some heart-shaped chocolates (which he won’t know what they mean, of course).

3. Um… probably movies, especially because Ash has shown to like movies. Otherwise, the amusement park could be another interesting place to visit, with its plethora of attractions.

4. Well, Serena already gave her implicit confession, but I don’t see Ash doing this during this day.

5. Wait… when did they start dating?! :O

6. By battling… with elegance and love. ;)

On one hand, V-day is exactly the romantic kind of bullshit you might expect the Rockets to buy into, on the other hand I... just don't feel it ya know? Too common and tacky I reckon. (At least in a strictly romantic couple-y sense.)

However, I apparently thought differently 9 years ago:
67qEQ5E.png

I guess this is teen-me's response to #4?

With Rocketshipping, you can never be sure what might happen.

1. I can imagine James would want to show his appreciation for his friends especially Jessie but Jessie could either a.) has suffered on this day and now holds a grudge against the holiday (which James would help her overcome) or b.) be very excited in the hopes of finding her valentine.

2. I can imagine James buying chocolate or stealing a Pokemon for Jessie and Jessie having a bottle cap for James(that just so happens to be one he doesn't have yet leading to a hug).

3. I don't think they can afford movies but they'd probably have a malasada dinner and watch the sunset together.

4. Jessie isn't aware of any feelings and James may be too afraid to confess or he still has fear left over from Jessiebelle.

5. James may still have a fear of marriage from Jessiebelle.

6. They're not married but no matter what day of the year it is, they're the best things in each other's lives and they will spend the day and the rest of their lives together.

Last edited:
My fave ship is Pokeshipping so...

1. Misty definitely would and Ash, knowing how much it means to her, would do his best to make it a great experience.

2. Misty would get Ash a card and chocolates. Ash would get Misty a card and maybe flowers.

3. I'd like to think Ash would take Misty to a water-themed place for the day or failing that, stomach watching a marathon of romance movies with her.

4. I think Ash might think to do so since it is the day of love and if he's gonna do it, there's no better excuse. Misty I imagine would have the same thought process.

5. I think as far as proposing, Ash might but it may be too much stress for him (proposing is stressful regardless of the day you do it) so he might forgo that and pick another special day.

6. Sex and cuddling.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom