• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How you caught Latios & Latias

Boshi234

Lord of the Lycans
Reaction score
Share your experiences on when you captured these legendary dragons and how exactly like which Pokémon you used, what kind of Pokéball, was it asleep or poisoned etc.?

In my first playthrough of Sapphire i spent two days chasing Latias, i was starting to get pissed off so my brother, who never had played a pokemon game at the time, decided to try for himself even though he didn't understood nothing about the game and guess what: he caught it in his first try. Then he spent the rest of the week making fun of me and saying that i sucked at pokemon.

Always saved my masterball for Latias in Sapphire and Latios in Emerald. In HeartGold, I saved my masterball for Latias once again, then got Latios by Enigma Stone event. Obviously, none of them put up any sort of fight.

The only time I ever caught one was Latias in White 2. :F

I tried catching them in my Ruby and Emerald versions, but they never should up in Emerald and everytime I found Latios in Ruby I never had a Pokémon with Mean Look. I've also yet to come across the one in my HeartGold version.

In Emerald I think I put it to sleep and then started chasing it (funny how they can run away WHILE ASLEEP), whittling down its health, and chucking Ultra Balls (or at least I think it was Ultra Balls) until catch.

In HGSS, substitute Quick Balls for Ultras. Quick Balls seem custom-tailored for catching roamers.

Masterball in RSE

In SS, I didn't catch it

In Black2, I had to SR a few times and use about a hundred Ultra Balls to get Latios. In the next playthrough, I'll just toss a Masterball

In R/S, I tried for months on end to find them and had pretty much given up. Eventually I came across a website that gave hints on where they are most likely to appear, I followed the hints and finally ran into each. I had 2 Master Balls saved for like ever and caught them easily. lol

In the later games, I had an easier time finding and catching them.

I think the best experience to share is my capture of Latios in Black 2.

I had been spending the day catching all of the Legendary Pokemon in Black 2 and Latios was the last one. Now, when I got to it in the Dreamyard, I had no idea I'd have to fight it right away and did not save first, and didn't have any way of keeping it from fleeing. I really did not want to have to chase that thing down, so trying to weaken it was seriously hindering on out of the question. So the only thing I could do was toss a Quick Ball at it at full health and pray that I caught it.

And I did. .-.

Needless to say, I was quite pleased~

The only time I caught Latios was in Black 2. I just tossed a few Ultra Balls at it. When it was caught, I stuck it in my Legendary Box.

Threw pokeballs of all kind at it. Don't think I ever played a game where you can catch Latias.

I had a Wobbufet on my Ruby team so used that on Ruby to stop it fleeing.

The Latios/Latias was what I saved my Master Ball for, so I didn't have any bad experiences attempting to catch them.

I created a method for capturing roaming Pokemon. In two days I nabbed it.

Took me forever in Soulsilver with the special event though. The thing kept breaking out.

I actually didn't even attempt to catch it in Emerald, and didn't know about Latias in HG. So yeah.

I started off in the first encounter by false swiping it, then Quick Balled it on the next encounter. Quick Balls are godlike.

I got my first Latias in Sapphire, after chasing the darn thing down over and over, before even thinking about using Mean Look to keep it in place. It was my first experience with traveling Pokemon too, so its first appearance (and flight from the fight) freaked me out badly. After that, I've caught the two in different games mostly with a combo of Ultra Ball, Thunder Wave, Mean Look, and False Swipe. Or get lazy and chuck a Master Ball.

In Ruby I chased Latios like mad and did everything I could to wear it down and catch it, since I had blown my Master Ball on Groudon. After several days of crying and raging in frustration, my dear husband Prime gave me a few spare Master Balls. Needless to say, Latios was staring down the business end of one when I caught up to him. That was the day I learned this valuable lesson: save the Master Ball for the roaming Legendary. You will need it.

Im generally not specifically lucky with roaming pokémon, but latias in sapphire was pure luck. A friend of mine talk stragedy to catch it, but I just throw a ultra ball at full health,first throw too!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom