• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How'd you choose your first game?

You chose your first game because of that version's...

• Color

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Mascot

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Catchable Pokémon

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 82 53.2%

• Total voters
Yellow. Pikachu.

Really, I didn't care which one. I didn't know the difference at the time.

I picked HeartGold, because I liked Growlithe and Sableye better than Mawile and Vulpix. <.>

The damn store was out of the other pokemon games, so I got the only one there, Blue Rescue Team. Not a very good starting game I must say.

No, that probably wasn't the greatest game to get for a first impression on Pokemon. Fun, but it doesn't have the true mechanics that make it a Pokemon game.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I got my Blue when I was so young - I assume it just came with the Gameboy Color my parents gave to me. Dad got me a Ruby version for the Advance SP after that, and that's when I became really hooked into the series. I chose Emerald on my own, and then I started the trend with my brother of buying the secondary version of each pack of games (Pearl over Diamond, SoulSilver over Heartgold for example). I also bought Platinum and White on my own.

Technically, I've never chosen any of the Pokemon games I have. My first game (Red) I got because my friend lent me his copy previously and I didn't even know there was another version. When I got back into Pokemon, I got LeafGreen because, again, I didn't realize there was another version, and there were no copies of FireRed in the store anyway. My next game, Pearl, I got because it was the first time me and my sister got the games together. I had no preference, and she wanted Diamond, so I went with Pearl. Now I just get whatever version my sister doesn't get.

My first game was Pokémon Red. I didn't choose it, my brother gave it to me when he got Ruby. When I got a little older, I chose Pokémon Emerald because that's my birthstone. My dad randomly bought Leafgreen for me. I chose Diamond because I wanted a Stunky. I also chose HeartGold because I prefered Ho-oh to Lugia. I chose other games too like Colosseum and XD.

Well, I liked Blue because of the color, and also a turtle with cat ears at the time seemed more creative of an idea than a fire-breathing dragon (though Charmander was my starter of choice anyway), and then I wanted Yellow because it was bundled with a cute Pikachu GBC. I didn't end up getting the bundle, but I did get a GBC (the clear purple one) as well as Blue and Yellow for my birthday.

I picked SoulSilver because I'd already done some research on HGSS and they seemed like good games, and I picked it over HeartGold because I prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh.

Yellow due to my Pikachu obsession.
Then I didn't play pokemon till the ds ones. I chose Platinum because it was the newest. I got Heart Gold because...well actually I'd rather have SS now. I got White because of the mascot.

my first pokemon games were red and blue (got them both for christmas in late 90s). Then when gold and silver came out I got both as well lol. As gifts so I didn't have a decision. All of them were sweet games.

I...don't remember how I ended up with Red Version as my first game. I think it might've been a gift from my cousins.

At the time, Crystal was the newest Pokemon game, I bought it because it was an updated version of Gold and Silver.

My first was Emerald. I chose because it was the third version, and I assumed it would be the most updated.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom