• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh How's the OST (Official Soundtrack) of Sword/Shield so far to you?

How would you rate the OST out of /10 so far?

• Total voters
And add vocals to Pier's theme.
I'm fine with the sports-style yells (hah) which is what inspired the gym themes in the first place - although I do wish we have yell-less versions, because having the cheers baked into the audio just sounds weird without gameplay

In my view, the OST is one of the aspects of the Pokemon series that is always guaranteed to impress, and Sword and Shield are no exception. Some of my favourite tracks this time around include:

Slumbering Weald
Northern Wild Area (I love the bagpipes)
Circhester
Piers Battle
Wyndon
Elite Leader Battle
Oleana Battle
Eternatus Battle, Phase 3 (The triumphant howling is so good)
Zacian/Zamazenta battle (Crowned form)
Battle Tower Battle

Also, I know this isn't actually in the game but I love "Brand New World", the song that plays in the "Get Ready for Dynamax" trailer. I wish the Pokemon Company would release a clean version of it. The orchestral part that plays when they're showcasing the Wild Area took my breath away the first time I heard it.

As a side note, has anyone noticed how in one of the recent updates, the music has started fading in and out more abruptly when you enter or leave an area? I don't like it. In the original version of the game, if you accidentally left an area and immediately went back in it again, the music would keep playing and I preferred it that way. The worst part about the update is that it's completely ruined the crescendo that plays when you complete a Gym mission. The music used to coincide perfectly with your character going through the door and out onto the pitch, but now the end gets cut off.

Last edited:
This thread could use some gushing about the Crown Tundra soundtrack.

My god, the Tundra's main theme. This track is a four-minute journey full of grace, mystique, and triumph in equal measure. I swear, whenever I'm at the coast of Ballimere Lake or looking out over the Tundra from the slopes at the Tunnel to the Top, and it hits this segment, I just... have to stop, and take in the majesty of it. Me and my lead Pokémon standing there in this epic landscape while the music crescendos and soars - it is absolutely incredible. I think the last time I felt so deeply affected and immersed by a track was when I first went to Route 10 in Unova.

Freezington's own theme is very delicate and charming as you would expect. The music box sounds give it a fairy tale tone, which fits the town's relationship to Calyrex, but then the segment around a minute in comes along to give it a more hallowed feel, suggesting that there is a truth behind the stories. Overall, it gives me the sense of a small, dignified community that sits on the precipice of legends (situated as it is between the Max Lair and the Iron Ruins).

The Galarian Birds' battle theme is really rad. It starts off with a very exciting, electronic dance club feeling to it in my mind, but as it progresses it begins to take on a shape that reminds me of the spiraling, fast-paced peril of the original Kanto wild battle theme before resolving into a thrilling last flourish before the loop starts again.

The battle music for Calyrex, the Steeds, and the final battle are interesting. Individually, Calyrex's music suits Calyrex very nicely (regal but not forceful or overbearing) and the Steeds' music fits them well (wild and tough and austere - it makes me think of like, Norse war horses), with the fused theme managing to juggle them pretty evenly (although I think some of the Glastrier/Spectrier segments don't fit the tone of the final battle quite as much). It makes me wonder what the composition process for these was like, to get the two melodies to hold up on their own but also to mesh cleanly when put together.

I also quite like the Dynamax Adventures boss theme. It's a grand remix of the normal Max Raid battle theme that makes it feel like a great reward is on the line. I'm also kinda glad that they didn't recycle the original battle tracks for each Legendary - that was a cool idea initially, but I feel like it's been played out by now (and not indulging in it also avoids the awkwardness of Latias/Latios having to default to using the Hoenn wild battle theme, lol). Something about the DA boss theme makes these encounters feel more fresh to me. That said, I do wish that the Swords of Justice had gotten a remix - it feels quite strange that they didn't, since they're included in the CT Dex and have their own sidequest and all. Plus, their original theme in BW was really, really unique, so I'd be curious to see a new take on it.

Sooo... when can we expect that Super Music Collection, GF?

Last edited:
Maybe late to the party, but I just noticed Oleana's battle theme reuses a melody from Rose's encounter theme (at about 00:25 for each)

Also, has anyone mentioned how Spikemuth's theme is a dynamic track? It adds (or removes) a new layer of instrumentation as you progress further into (or away from) the streets.

Still waiting on any indication of a Super Music Collection release, btw...

While I wasn't super keen on the base game's soundtrack and didn't find any standout songs, I have to say the DLC did pick up the slack a little. I have barely listened to any of the song's, but I will say that Klara's battle theme and the Legendary Dynamax Battle song really stood out to me. I think Klara's battle theme is probably among the best battle songs in my opinion. Shame Avery's didn't click with me.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom