• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh How's the OST (Official Soundtrack) of Sword/Shield so far to you?

How would you rate the OST out of /10 so far?

• Total voters
Ehh. The battle themes sound a lot more "energetic" than the others, but I find BW, DP, and HGSS so much better. It just sounds to 8-bit for when its clearly not supposed to be. Not to mention after playing Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda I prefer orchestrated music than synchronized ones generally speaking.

The only theme that sounds somewhat 8-bit to me is Marnie's, which is why I may like it when I hear more.

The rest is merely okay. Only the early route impressed me, and even then, it isn't my style.

I really like the main theme, and I also like the Gym Leader theme, Marnie's theme, the Raid Battle theme, and the early Route theme. Team Yell's theme has some interesting shifts in what little we've heard of it. All of the others seem kinda messy, or I can't make them out clearly enough.

Not to mention after playing Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda I prefer orchestrated music than synchronized ones generally speaking.

Yeah, I was expecting the soundtrack for these games to be fairly orchestrated too, after what they did with the Let's Go remixes of the Gen I soundtrack.

I would've thought that the route music would sound more like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ZZqjKACL4

I think the wild battle music may end up being my favorite wild battle theme. I don't normally find them very memorable but I love this one from what little of it I've heard. I also absolutely love Bede and especially Marnie's themes. Marnie's may end up being one of my favorite battle soundtracks, though we haven't heard much of it yet. The gym leader battle is good and suits the Galar gyms, not as great as SM's trials and kahuna themes or BW's gyms in my opinion, but still one of my favorite gym themes so far. From what little of it I do hear I feel like I'll really like the trainer theme too, I just can't hear it well enough from the clips we have. All of the battle themes so far in general have seemed really well done. I'm looking forward to the Champion theme and legendary themes.

I don't think there's been a track that I really don't like yet. I think I've gotten tired of the main theme from watching the first trailer so much between February and June, but it's still an interesting theme. Team Yell's is interesting, but it still reminds me of Team Skull a bit.

I really like Bede's theme, which sounds very Pokemon, but some of the others don't hit that spot for me.

However, I think this OST is going to be better than XY's orchestral one... I don't think the type of orchestral music used in that game suits Pokemon much.

I'm really not caring for it. Seeing as it is a Western European based region like Kalos, I was maybe hoping for more classical/orchestral music influence, like in X/Y. Instead, it's all been forgettable techno stuff, akin to S/M. Meh.

I’m not a fan of the early route theme as well as the gym theme. I can’t put a finger on why I don’t like the route theme (I’ve never been a big fan of route themes in general), but the gym theme sounds like the kinda of music that stresses me out. I’m indifferent on Marnie’s, Yell’s, and Bede’s themes. Marnie’s and Yell’s themes are just okay, while I feel like Bede’s has a lot of buildup but little pay-off. I kept expecting a rather large change in the song while listening to it, but I didn’t feel that happened. It’s kinda hard to explain. I was just expecting a little more from it is all.

I quite like the rest of the music though excluding the Wild Area music because I couldn’t hear it clearly enough. The title theme, wild battle theme, and max raid battle theme all seem high energy and fun, and are my favorites out of the current songs.

Overall, I feel that SwSh has some nice themes with a few mediocre ones in the mix, similar to SM/USUM in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom