• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How's the weather over there? (Vol. 2)

Cold! Cold, cold, cold! I definitely have it easy here compared to other places, but it's been in the 40s-30s (Fahrenheit) some nights, plus very rainy, which feels positively freezing. On the bright side, I get to see my breath all the time, which is always fun!

Actually kinda cold. The temperatures started out above freezing this morning but by the afternoon it was hovering around 0F. I've never actually seen it that cold during the daytime before. That's always been overnight low territory for us.

We got a little snow... Hopefully it doesn't all melt and we can have our first white Christmas for the first time in over a decade. lol

20221223_145208.jpg

Need I say more?

I haven’t had the displeasure of stepping outside recently, but we’ve just crossed single-digit wind chills where I am. I don’t really think that any more needs to be said than that, except that this kind of brings me back to my NYC days in a weirdly nostalgic way, ahaha…

Here it's currently 13°F (-11°C) and the wind chill is making it feel like -6°F (-21°C). There is solid ice frozen to my windowsills. And yet... I enjoy the cold so much that I'm not particularly bothered.

At least we're not getting any of that record-breaking 6ft of snowfall that's happening upstate, I suppose.

Today on the last day of 2022, it is 53°F (12°C), with rain and no wind chill to speak of.

After that brutal cold snap it's been very unseasonably warm for December in the northeast. It's really mild and pleasant, but I still saw huge solid chunks of ice outside that haven't melted yet. :unsure:

My last day of 2022 ended up being a rainy one, so not much sunshine, unfortunately. I’m actually looking out the window right now looking at all of the gloominess, haha. I didn’t actually go out, though, so I have no idea how cold it is outside, at least for myself. My iPad says that it’s in the fifties (Fahrenheit), though. If I had a decent umbrella, it might have actually been a decent, if perhaps slightly unpleasant, day for a walk. Heh, oh well! Staying indoors ended up being kind of fun anyway. And the lighting outside — combined with the warm lighting that I have running inside — is actually giving my room a unique kind of atmosphere right now, haha, that’s surprisingly cozy and is kind of putting me in a gently pensive mood at the moment, with me mostly thinking about how the next few hours of this last day of the year will go, and how I’ll remember it given what I expect to be in store for me next year.

Onwards to brighter days in 2023, I suppose, both literally and figuratively!

Last edited:
It's been too warm for the past few days, and I'm really feeling it in my room. The humidity is unbearable. Winter, who told you that you could go away? COME BACK.

It is currently 60 degrees Fahrenheit and cloudy. It's a little chilly and it's the calm before the storm because a big storm is supposed to come tonight and last until late Thursday night. I guess it's a cyclone of some kind but the northern part of the state is supposed to get the worst of it. While I am grateful for rain the drain system in my city and most of the southern part of my state is not well equipped for massive amounts of rain. (I don't think the northern part of the state is either but I have never lived up north.)

Back
Top Bottom