• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Human or Two Kittens

Which one would you choose?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm not a Buddhist monk or anything. I just don't see the logic or empathy in believeing a human life is suerior to anything else just because of our power.

The fact that you think you are superior to any other form of life just because of your species proves how bad our arrogance has gotten.

This is partially the reason I'd be totally more than willing to kill myself on any given whim, even if it just meant to save effing KITTENS. Because I don't want to live in a world or be a member of a species that thinks this way.

/rant Also, someone really needs to close this thread before it gets out of hand into philisophical debate. I'll admit I'm not helping.
Why so emo bro?

Strange is Relative
Reaction score
Why so emo bro?
I'm weird, I'm an isloated Wiccan in a family of patriotic investors, public service workers and nuclear mechanics, and I get really hotheaded when it comes to the apparent "values" of life.

This is why I should never debate. :X

"Equality"
Reaction score
Well, really, I wish I could be the same way as Dewgong Rain.
I would love to say that I could do that.
You would rather die as an un-selfish human than a selfish one.

I'm finally back!
Reaction score
Why so emo bro?
Suicidal is not the same as emo...

Anyways, we better stay on topic before this thread gets closed... an hour after being started. I'm assuming that philosophical debate would be involved in a thread like this (I like assuming things), so:

It can be argued that non-human creatures are not sentient, since they cannot communicate that they are to us, but it could always be possibble they are smarter than us, but don't show it

The REAL Animal Intelligence Rankings:
1. Mice
2. Dolphins
3. Humans

It can also be argued that since cats are alive, and can show emotion that they should have the same rights as humans. I'm personally neutral on the topic, but I had to post something about it to avoid becoming part of the off-topic-ness problem.

Reaction score
Suicidal is not the same as emo...

Anyways, we better stay on topic before this thread gets closed... an hour after being started. I'm assuming that philosophical debate would be involved in a thread like this (I like assuming things), so:

It can be argued that non-human creatures are not sentient, since they cannot communicate that they are to us, but it could always be possibble they are smarter than us, but don't show it

The REAL Animal Intelligence Rankings:
1. Mice
2. Dolphins
3. Humans

It can also be argued that since cats are alive, and can show emotion that they should have the same rights as humans. I'm personally neutral on the topic, but I had to post something about it to avoid becoming part of the off-topic-ness problem.
Being as humans dominate this planet, i'm going to say that we're a little bit smarter than mice. I don't see mice debating this over the internet yet...

Reaction score
I would have to choose to save the kittens, but either choice would make me feel horrible. I'd rather sacrifice myself to save them all like Dewgong Rain said.

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
Two kittens > one human.

Maybe it's just me being a cat-freak, but I don't value human life as much as the lives of kittens/cats/other felines.

Plus it's saving two lives at the expense of one.

Offline for a while
Reaction score
Such a hard choice... I would let the kittens die, even though I would be sad. But I would be sadder if a person had to die.

I'm finally back!
Reaction score
Being as humans dominate this planet, i'm going to say that we're a little bit smarter than mice. I don't see mice debating this over the internet yet...
Do you know the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything? If not, I suggest a little series of books by Douglas Adams called The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. It will explain everything you need to know about life. Ever. Ranger Jack Walker, I'm glad you know where your towel is.

Last edited:
Strange is Relative
Reaction score
Do you know the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything? If not, I suggest a little series of books by Douglas Adams called The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. It will explain everything you need to know about life. Ever. Ranger Jack Walker, I'm glad you know where your towel is.
If we knew why the petunias had been thinking that, we'd know a lot more about the universe than we do now.

17 username changes :D
Reaction score
Can't I just save them both? I'm not voting, because all life is equal and I'm not choosing one over the other.

the future is not written
Reaction score
Honestly? Cats aren't even sentient. Sure they're cute, but you honestly can't equate two cats to one human life.

On hold, not abandoned
Reaction score
I hate cats. But besides that, human life is always worth more.
I wouldn't swerve around some dumb animal on the road if it meant taking the risk of crashing into an incoming car and dying/killing the other driver

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
I would rather die if it meant that both the human and the kittens live. I would feel awful if either choice had to die. Just take my life instead, so they can live.

Guess Who's Watching...
Reaction score
I'd save the human.

Call it species-based camaraderie or whatever, it just feels natural to do it. After all, the human is one of my people.