• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Human or Two Kittens

Which one would you choose?

• Total voters
I'm not a Buddhist monk or anything. I just don't see the logic or empathy in believeing a human life is suerior to anything else just because of our power.

The fact that you think you are superior to any other form of life just because of your species proves how bad our arrogance has gotten.

This is partially the reason I'd be totally more than willing to kill myself on any given whim, even if it just meant to save effing KITTENS. Because I don't want to live in a world or be a member of a species that thinks this way.

/rant Also, someone really needs to close this thread before it gets out of hand into philisophical debate. I'll admit I'm not helping.

Why so emo bro?

Why so emo bro?

I'm weird, I'm an isloated Wiccan in a family of patriotic investors, public service workers and nuclear mechanics, and I get really hotheaded when it comes to the apparent "values" of life.

This is why I should never debate. :X

Well, really, I wish I could be the same way as Dewgong Rain.
I would love to say that I could do that.
You would rather die as an un-selfish human than a selfish one.

Why so emo bro?

Suicidal is not the same as emo...

Anyways, we better stay on topic before this thread gets closed... an hour after being started. I'm assuming that philosophical debate would be involved in a thread like this (I like assuming things), so:

It can be argued that non-human creatures are not sentient, since they cannot communicate that they are to us, but it could always be possibble they are smarter than us, but don't show it

The REAL Animal Intelligence Rankings:
1. Mice
2. Dolphins
3. Humans

It can also be argued that since cats are alive, and can show emotion that they should have the same rights as humans. I'm personally neutral on the topic, but I had to post something about it to avoid becoming part of the off-topic-ness problem.

Suicidal is not the same as emo...

Anyways, we better stay on topic before this thread gets closed... an hour after being started. I'm assuming that philosophical debate would be involved in a thread like this (I like assuming things), so:

It can be argued that non-human creatures are not sentient, since they cannot communicate that they are to us, but it could always be possibble they are smarter than us, but don't show it

The REAL Animal Intelligence Rankings:
1. Mice
2. Dolphins
3. Humans

It can also be argued that since cats are alive, and can show emotion that they should have the same rights as humans. I'm personally neutral on the topic, but I had to post something about it to avoid becoming part of the off-topic-ness problem.

Being as humans dominate this planet, i'm going to say that we're a little bit smarter than mice. I don't see mice debating this over the internet yet...

I would have to choose to save the kittens, but either choice would make me feel horrible. I'd rather sacrifice myself to save them all like Dewgong Rain said.

Two kittens > one human.

Maybe it's just me being a cat-freak, but I don't value human life as much as the lives of kittens/cats/other felines.

Plus it's saving two lives at the expense of one.

Such a hard choice... I would let the kittens die, even though I would be sad. But I would be sadder if a person had to die.

Being as humans dominate this planet, i'm going to say that we're a little bit smarter than mice. I don't see mice debating this over the internet yet...

Do you know the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything? If not, I suggest a little series of books by Douglas Adams called The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. It will explain everything you need to know about life. Ever. Ranger Jack Walker, I'm glad you know where your towel is.

Last edited:
Do you know the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything? If not, I suggest a little series of books by Douglas Adams called The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. It will explain everything you need to know about life. Ever. Ranger Jack Walker, I'm glad you know where your towel is.

If we knew why the petunias had been thinking that, we'd know a lot more about the universe than we do now.

Can't I just save them both? I'm not voting, because all life is equal and I'm not choosing one over the other.

Honestly? Cats aren't even sentient. Sure they're cute, but you honestly can't equate two cats to one human life.

I hate cats. But besides that, human life is always worth more.
I wouldn't swerve around some dumb animal on the road if it meant taking the risk of crashing into an incoming car and dying/killing the other driver

I would rather die if it meant that both the human and the kittens live. I would feel awful if either choice had to die. Just take my life instead, so they can live.

I'd save the human.

Call it species-based camaraderie or whatever, it just feels natural to do it. After all, the human is one of my people.

Back
Top Bottom