• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Human/Pokémon hybrids

Here's how you make one:

1) Get a Pokemon from the Humanshape Egg Group

2) Have a human get it pregnant..... And wait until the egg hatches.

3) Voila! You have a Human/Pokemon hybrid! Now use it as a character!

Here's how you make one:

1) Get a Pokemon from the Humanshape Egg Group

2) Have a human get it pregnant..... And wait until the egg hatches.

3) Voila! You have a Human/Pokemon hybrid! Now use it as a character!

I was asking whether, in general, they're good or bad, not how to make them.

It depends. If it's a natural occurrence (READ: bestiality), then it'd probably drive more readers away than it draws. If it's a SciFi mad scientist/genetic experimentation thing... Well, if you're good enough, you could hypothetically pull it off.

Another important thing is the plot.

^^
Well, it can be quite funny.

Ted: "Hey, Jimbob, what's with the long ears?"
Jimbob: "My mom's a Lopunny. How? Don't ask."

Of course, I'm driven away from the sci-fi thing, but it could work out like this.

Ted: "Hey, Jimbob, what's with the pixellated nose?"
Jimbob: "I got fused with a Porygon. How? Don't ask."

True. I guess if you're playing the whole bestiality aspect for laughs, it could work.

^^
It could also make for a really weird, deep character. For example, if the character knows s/he is an unorthodox cross between a Pokemon and a Human, what if s/he is angry at the world?

Also, in the sci-fi avenue, the character could spend most of his time trying to get the weirdness out of his system, and become normal again.

Poke-people are always kind of weird, but, if you can write it masterfully, I really wouldn't care what you do.

For example, if the character knows s/he is an unorthodox cross between a Pokemon and a Human, what if s/he is angry at the world?
Then he/she would likely be handled wrong and turn out looking like an angsty pile of overpowered fur. Who, by the way, hates the world, but doesn't actually do anything about it.

It can work if you treat it properly, and it can't work if you don't. That's the simple things. Interesting this topic came up now, as I just started a webcomic about a group of these sorts of creatures... though of course they were turned that way by an otherworldly power being abused mercilessly. So.

^^
Well, it can be quite funny.

Ted: "Hey, Jimbob, what's with the long ears?"
Jimbob: "My mom's a Lopunny. How? Don't ask."

Of course, I'm driven away from the sci-fi thing, but it could work out like this.

Ted: "Hey, Jimbob, what's with the pixellated nose?"
Jimbob: "I got fused with a Porygon. How? Don't ask."

Poor Jimbob.

I smell a '90s cartoon!

Mama had a Torchic!
Mama had a Miltank!
Dad was proud,
he didn't care how!

Featuring I. R. Infernape and I am Buizel.

Then he/she would likely be handled wrong and turn out looking like an angsty pile of overpowered fur. Who, by the way, hates the world, but doesn't actually do anything about it.

It can work if you treat it properly, and it can't work if you don't. That's the simple things. Interesting this topic came up now, as I just started a webcomic about a group of these sorts of creatures... though of course they were turned that way by an otherworldly power being abused mercilessly. So.

Or s/he could become a violent antagonist that hates human life for [irony] fucking [/irony] up his/her chances of being accepted in soceity.

Also, on your webcomic.... That sounds quite funny. Like my hypothetical Jimbob, who gets fused with or winds up being related to every known Pokemon in existence, they have to deal with random weird features on their bodies, and some kind of awkward twitch.

aka:
Jack: "Hey Jane wanna go on a date w-Pikachu! Oh, uh, where'd that -PIKAPIKA!"
Jane: "I'm leaving you!"

Yeah. They've all got a few unusual parts of their body that modified to accomodate the appropriate Pokémon - for example, a Drowzee has a large nose and triangular, saggy ears, or a Flareon has furry four-fingered paws instead of hands and feet - as well as wardrobes that just scream 'gijinka'.

But enough rattling about my webcomic.

You know, that might work, if they were perhaps put in isolation for a long time and a hatred for the people that turned them that way turned into a hatred for society in general.

This is also strange how this came up after I posted a preview to my story where Legendaries turn into Poke-people. o_O

Anyway, yes, I think it could work... Because, I've seen a lot of hype about Pokemon turning into half-human things. It would attract attention... But only if you used a good plot-line or something like that.

And that's basically my opinion ;D

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom