• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Humorous Things in the Pokedex

Peeko

Reaction score
The title of this thread should be somewhat self-explanatory. What are some things in the Pokedex that seem borderline crazy to you? For example, the fact that Abra is tall than Azumarill struck me as quite odd.

I've always found Drowzee's entry in HeartGold pretty amusing: "If you think that you had a good dream, but you can't remember it, a Drowzee has probably eaten it."

Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm.
- Darumaka's White 'Dex entry.
Ew.

Alakazam weighs less than Kadabra.

A Quagsire doesn't care if it bumps its head against rocks or boats while swimming.

The spiral pattern on a Poliwag's belly differ by area and are actually its inward intestines visible through the skin.

Charizard is only 1.7 meters tall, most people I know are taller than that. It's also heavier than Blastoise who should be a lot heavier.

Wailord is nearly 50 ft but somehow weighs less than a ton.

Klefki's dex entry says it threatens attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them. Klefki needs to find a new intimidation strategy.

Durant's dex entry says it covers itself in steel armor to protect itself from Heatmor. I'm pretty sure evolution is supposed to make you better prepared for your environment not make you die easier from it.

Wailord is nearly 50 ft but somehow weighs less than a ton.
That is because it is based on a zeppelin too :D
So it contains a lot of air or something. I'm pretty sure there may be some kind of logic behind its low BMI

Anyway, Dunsparce is 1,5 meters (5 ft) long (making it larger than Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Quagsire, among others), but only weighs 14 kg (less than a Zigzagoon)
I find that amusing
Especially knowing that Krookodile is 1,5 m tall as well, but it weighs 96,3 kg

Last edited:
Quagsire is 1.4 m.That's almost 1 and a half meter sticks people.That's HUGE.About as tall as shrubbery.Beavers (what it's obviously based on) aren't that big.

Quagsire is 1.4 m.That's almost 1 and a half meter sticks people.That's HUGE.About as tall as shrubbery.Beavers (what it's obviously based on) aren't that big.

Quagsire is very obviously not based on a beaver. It's probably based on the Japanese Giant Salamander, which can indeed grow to 1,5 meters in some cases

In other news, Dugtrio weighs 33,3 kg and Electrode weighs 66,6 kg (devil!)
Repeating numbers are nice :3

Durant's dex entry says it covers itself in steel armor to protect itself from Heatmor. I'm pretty sure evolution is supposed to make you better prepared for your environment not make you die easier from it.

Well, to be fair, Heatmor probably developed the ability to generate fire as a response to Durant's development of steel armor.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom