• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMouse

Even Rocky had a Montage
Reaction score
Okay, once again I'm doing a Hunger Games RPG. Mine usually fail, because of the PM system which I use for privacy. I've learnt from my mistakes and have decided that I'm going to use separate threads. This is going to be operated across multiple forums both for privacy and so I can keep you all in the RP.

If you are unfamiliar with the Hunger Games, it is an event where men and women are pitted against each other, armed with whatever nautre of sponsors give them, and try to win. To win you must be the last person surviving. To find out more go onto Wikipedia.

These games are going to have a difference, however. Every tribute is a professional, either someone who has won the Games in the past, or an experienced fighter, either from the Colleges (which are now ubiquitous to every District), or from the Capitol's now regular gladiatorial combat.

I will only allow FOUR of the Sign-Ups to partake in the Games. I'll run it on a quality of Sign-Up basis and from prior knowledge about your RPing skills. However, if I decline you, don't worry, as I may offer you a place on a different forum or you might turn up unexpectedly in the games...

Rules:

1. Usual BMG rules apply
2. No peeking on threads from other RPers in this RP. I will give you all the information you will need. I can't enforce this very well but I'm relying on your honesty. If I do catch you you'll be out.
3. God-modding's a big thing on this RP, and I'm going to be strict. Rather than saying 'Patrick found some berries' I'd rather you said 'Patrick went looking for berries' and then I'll choose whether you get them.

Sign-Ups

Name:

Personality:
Appearance:

History: How you got involved with the Games primarily, remember that you are an experienced member
Weapon of Choice: What weapon you like to use. If you're lucky I'll put it in the arena.

Skills:
Weak Points:

District Reserves (Note that even though a reserve doesn't mean that you can't sign up for that position, it does mean that competition will be harder as a result and you may have to change your SU later)

District 1:
District 2:
District 3: Male reserved
District 4: Male and Female reserved
District 5:
District 6:
District 7:
District 8:
District 9:
District 10:
District 11: Male reserved
District 12:

Last edited:
I am somewhat intimidated by this prospect, if only because I don't completely understand how the RP will work. It seems as though it will take place between multiple forums, multiple threads.

...Outside of that, I am highly intrested, as I am an avid lover of the Hunger Games. If you could offer some specific insight, I would be glad to join.

I am somewhat intimidated by this prospect, if only because I don't completely understand how the RP will work. It seems as though it will take place between multiple forums, multiple threads.

...Outside of that, I am highly intrested, as I am an avid lover of the Hunger Games. If you could offer some specific insight, I would be glad to join.

To clarify:

Each tribute will have their own thread. Only the tribute in question and I will post on that thread unless contact is made with another tribute in which case the aggressor will enter the other tribute's thread. These circumstances will be dictated by me i.e. a tribute might be in a similar area to another and I might say that they meet. If they choose to team up then they will temporarily use the same thread. If two tributes from different forums meet then I will ask one to join the other's forum. If they both decline then I'll post onto the other's forum.

E.g. Two tributes from BMG are in a forest. One is tracking the other and finds his target. I will post on his thread that he has found the other tribute and that he may now enter the other's thread. They fight, but the hunted one convinces the other to make an alliance. From then on they use the thread of the previously hunted tribute, until the hunted tribute is killed. At this point the hunter goes back to his own thread.

E.g. 2 A tribute from BMG and one from TPW come across each other. I post on the TPW tribute that he has met the BMG tribute, but neither have TPW or BMG accounts respectively and are unwilling to get them. As this is the case I post the combat posts on the respective member's walls, i.e.

BMG member posts on BMG.
I post the post in question on the TPW member's thread.
The TPW member posts on his thread.
I post that post onto the BMG tribute's thread.

Name: Sven
District: 3

Personality: A rather broken person, as the Hunger Games quite frequently produce, Sven had been a kind and considerate person, always willing to help other people before himself. Just the sort of person who would suffer in a kill or be killed situation. That said, he did adapt fast, and became someone much less kind and considerate, who always looks out for number one. As can be expected, this did create some problems when he returned to ordinary life, especially when his friends weren't expecting the cruel loner that had seemingly consumed the old Sven.
Still, if someone manages to actually gain his meagre trust, they might actually be able to key into the nicer part of Sven, although part of the reason that he's so mistrustful is because he used that very nature in someone to use them, and then kill them.

Appearance: Sven is a pale man, preferring to stay inside, rather than be outside, although he isn't exactly anaemically pale. Contrasting with his pale skin, Sven has blueish-white eyes, accompanied by black hair, which he's grown out long, and generally keeps in a neat ponytail, with a white strip of material, making his hair look a little like a lion's tail.
His build is lean, and whilst he isn't particularly muscular, he's strong enough, though mostly he's just tall and lanky.
As for clothes, whilst he was technically a failure as a doctor, he likes to wear a long white coat. Said coat is actually a sort of grungy hue, and has been stitched up in several places, since he wears it in his arena fights. Other than that, he'll mainly just wear casual attire, like jeans and t-shirts, usually in dark, grungy colors.

History: Sven was picked as a tribute for his previous Hunger Games at thirteen years old. Whilst, like most tributes, he was unwilling to go, fearing an unpleasant death, life in the arena soon broke him. He won, eventually, but only by abandoning his previously kind personality. Indeed, when he and his ally eventually made it to the end of the games, he directed her into a Gamemaker trap. Sven ended up as a Victor. The other tribute ended up as a shower of gore.
After his victorious time in the games, Sven attempted to become a doctor, to try and bury his murderous urges. However, this didn't really work as planned, and whilst Sven has some medical knowledge, he never learned enough to become a fully-fledged doctor, as well as the fact that he killed several people, which made his patients feel... Well, edgy. Indeed, when he came to terms with his lack of aptitude for saving people's lives, he enlisted in the Capitol's Gladiatorial battles, where he began using a syringe to inject air into his opponent's veins. This very nearly got him killed by a sword or an axe or two, but he found that he rather took to the 'weapon', as it were.
Weapon of Choice: Syringe

Skills:
He can run pretty fast
Working medical knowledge
Some knowledge of tactics used in the Games
Some knowledge of edible plants in the Games, though only if the arena is a wasteland

Weak Points:
At top speed, he finds it difficult to stop or change direction
He isn't as strong physically as some people
Since his betrayal of his old Games ally, he finds it difficult to trust anyone.
He finds it uncomfortable to work with other people for extended periods of time, even if he finds that he trusts them.

I hope I haven't mangled the setting too much! Also, though I haven't done any prior roleplay here, if you'd like a link to another site or something, I'd be more than happy.

Looks prettyy good, so far you're the best Sign-Up I've had. If you can get some experience before this starts, but you seem pretty good.

Okay, thank you. I'll go and set about getting some experience here!

Name: Seth Mijares
District: 4

Appearance: Standing moderately tall at 6'0", Seth is in peak physical form after endless work on his father's fishing boat. He is muscular, with visible masses of strength capable of being displayed through his bulky, waterproof jacket. He keeps a fishhook as a necklace in hopes that he will one day return to his hometown, a symbol of unending diligence and hope.

His eyes are a unique hazel, oftentimes spanning multiple colors depending on the surrounding light. This is a stark difference from his monochromatic, jet black hair that curls like the waves on a boat.

Personality: His actions are incredibly variable depending on the situation. He can analyze a person depending on their eyes, and decide what to do from there. But overall, despite his typically altruistic and sociable manner, he became cold and calculated once he endured the relentless anguish of the Games. He will not hesitate to kill anyone who brandishes a weapon against him, visible or otherwise. But if the offender is willing to hand over their arms, he will protect them, before sending them off to endure the remains of the wilderness. This is how he managed to win his first Game.

History: A hard working fisherman, Seth lived a highly disciplined life, working fourteen hours a day to make a living for his paraplegic father and his brothers. He sacrificed his own joy just to see the smiling face and hearty laugh of his father after a hot, nutritious meal. Ends were difficult to meet, as the fish that were once so abundant became painfully scarce, and the joyous laughter of his kin transformed into incontent sighs.

Upon being old enough to be picked for the Games, Seth began entering in his names multiple times to obtain further supplies. This was futile in terms of his entry for several years on end, until one fateful day where his name was called.

With the promise of prosperity for his family should he suceed in the Games, Seth never looked back. He gave a final, emotional hug to his family and entrusted his brothers to take over his place as head fisherman, before boarding the train to hell.

He grasped his victory in the game with a mixture of endurance and survival skills. The area was a surprisingly safe one: a forest with little to no lethal factors. This, of course, only led to a surplus of physical conflict. He attained two partners in the making: Edison, a male from District 11, and Aubrey, his female counerpart from District 4. Aubrey met her end against a spear thrown by a male from district 7, which then resulted in bloody retribution. Edison stayed with Seth until the end, leading in a farewell where the two combatants walked away in opposite directions, leaving only their survival skills to save them. Seth let out a relieved, yet disdainful sigh when the final cannon sounded.

He was struck with an empty period when he returned home, finding that a flood had struck his hometown, leaving his brothers, his father, and his "victory prize" all destroyed. He had no way to support himself, and was forced to enroll in a College to make a living.

Weapon of Choice: A dual set of knives. He can initiate an infinite amount of survival skills with his blades, ranging from both ranged and melee combat to hunting to starting fires. It also allows him to craft more weapons out of wood, specifically the bo staff, which he is even more skilled in combat with(but doesn't carry with him initially.)

Skills: Physical ability, endurance, creating fire and water, knowledge of combat, fishing, mild stealth, throwing knives

Weaknesses: It is extremely hard for him to kill someone outright; though he is not above permanent incapacitation such as breaking limbs or dismembering fingers and then leaving the attacker for dead, he cannot bring himself to make the final cut unless it is an incredibly dire situation or as part of retribution.

-Mild social and trust issues
-Has a weakness to allies that betray him

Good Sign-Up, I'm putting you up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom