• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hungry?

Casual Cnidarian

Reaction score
Who hear thinks that the Gulpin evo line and the Munchlax evo line could be related somehow? Think of the connections; even though there aren't many, there are some core similarities!

Who hear thinks that the Gulpin evo line and the Munchlax evo line could be related somehow? Think of the connections; even though there aren't many, there are some core similarities!

Just because things are similar doesn't make them related to each other.

I know...then I'll rephrase the question...could they be best friends or would they always be fighting over food, or two family fueds?

Pokemon creators sometimes like to recycle ideas in some way, kinda like how nature does. They'll take a similar theme, then re-imagine it. So I definitely could see snorlax and glupin being on parallel threads of thought.

Okay, what connections? they eat a lot? So do I. Am I a pokemon?

Swinub's Dex Entry:

PokeDex said:
If it smells something enticing, it dashes headlong off to find the source of the aroma. It uses the tip of its nose to dig for food. Its nose is so tough that even frozen ground poses no problem.

Throw it in with Munchlax and Gulpin and you've got yourself a Food-eatin' Pokemon Super Munchsquad.

I'm down with reusing ideas if, one, I like the idea out of principle and want to see excessive use, and, two, if the idea really gels well.

Lots of Pokémon share attributes with other otherwise unrelated Pokémon. It isn't a new concept.

Munchlax and Snorlax are sorta based on bears, who actively forage for food and live of the stored fat.

Gulpin and Swalot are more like living stomachs that are able consume and digest things as large as themselves.

But there are other Pokémon that eat alot so it's hardly a unique attribute... It's already been mentioned that Swinub eat alot, due to them being pigs, which are well known for... eating alot.

Zigzagoon and Linoone have a tendancy to forage and cosume anything edible they come across, heck, they can have Gluttony as an ability.

I don't think it's that gulpin and swalot eat a lot, just that they can digest everything.

I don't think they're related at all. One's a slime and the other is a big, fat Pokemon.

Though I do see where you're coming from.

I can perfectly see a Swalot and a Snorlax finding a new, delicious food source.

Then I can see them having an epic eating contest to see who gets the food.

In the end, neither wins, as they ate the new food source for the eating contest.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom