• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Hunter x Hunter Mafia: Battle for Yorknew City! - Endgame: The Phantom Troupe Escapes! (Mafia Win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night 5: The Sound of Silence
Night 5: The Sound of Silence

2. @Calvin ッ
3. Toluca @Sunsette
5. @Jinjo
6. swarla @Kharixi
7. Thanos @Midorikawa
8. @Pikochu
11. @Ayano Keiko
12. Stormageden @Elementar
13. @Shion Yorigami

Moderator on Duty: @DarthWolf

Day 5 End Votals:

Shion Yorigami: 2 (Jinjo, Sunsette)

The Hunter ran as fast and silently as she could, her heart racing as she tried to escape her pursuers. The clues she had found in Kurapika's room had led her here, but she was quickly realizing that she was out of her depth. The Phantom Troupe were famous for a reason, and she had failed to understand the power that she was up against.

As she shuffled behind an empty doorway to catch her breath, she closed her eyes and strained to hear the footsteps of her attackers. She heard nothing, but then suddenly, a heartbeat was heard right in front of her! She gasped, opened her eyes, and tried to run once more, but her fate was sealed.

Shion Yorigami has been lynched. They were:
Shion Yorigami, you are Melody.

latest

Melody is a kind woman who exudes a calm demeanor. She is a Music Hunter, and her goal is to find and destroy the Sonata of Darkness, a cursed music piece said to have been composed by Satan.

Your Nen affinity is that of Emission, and you use musical instruments to project your aura. Your main ability is called Field of Spring, which helps heal fatigue and illness, as well as calming emotional states.

As such, you are the Asceticizer. During the night phase, you may PM the action: [Play Field of Spring for] Username. This will attempt to prevent all non-lethal actions from working on the target.

You are aligned with the Hunter's Association, and win when all forces opposing it are dead, while at least one member is alive.

It is now Night 5. It will last for about 24 hours and end on Thursday, April 19 at 11pm PDT (-7 UTC).

Last edited:
Day 6: Caution Prevails
Day 6: Caution Prevails

2. @Calvin ッ
3. Toluca @Sunsette
5. @Jinjo
6. swarla @Kharixi
7. Thanos @Midorikawa
8. @Pikochu
11. @Ayano Keiko
13. @Shion Yorigami

The number of Hunters remaining in the city had dwindled after the night of mourning for the Chairman and the secretary of the Hunter's Association. Caution was now the rule rather than the exception, and while the Phantom Troupe was able to pull off their (fairly minor) heist without a hitch, no violence was needed this night.

It is now Day 6. It will last for 48 hours and end on Saturday, April 21 at 11pm PDT (-7 UTC).

Okay, reads list time!

Calvin ッ - Lack of kill last night is either good doctor work or could be inactivity. If the players I think are scum turn out badly, I'd probably pursue this avenue.
Sunsette - Has looked quite good since they subbed in. Has been creating discussion and providing thoughts well. I agree with most of their logic. Towny to me.
Jinjo - Sheeped onto Spoopster earlier, but considering they turned up as mafia, they seem genuine. I doubt they would sheep on a low-vote wagon and bus at the same time.
Kharixi - I'm leaning less towny here... Whilst they didn't vote for me in order to avoid sheeping and didn't see anything bad about my first slot, they didn't provide any alternatives. This has been an easy scum tactic in the past to let mislynches happen, but take credit for telling everyone not to lynch them. It seems lazy and a weak effort to look towny without providing an alternative. Mido also pointed out that they jumped on the Spoopster wagon quite late. I'm thinking scum.
Thanos/Midorikawa - Thanos seemed to be backtracking early day 1 under little pressure, which makes me a little wary. But all the claims make me feel safer. Now that Mido has subbed in, I'm always going to be wary because it's Mido, but I'm not getting bad vibes so far. I say town.
Pikochu - Hasn't done a lot, but seemed to get results on Mido before disappearing. Tracker/Watcher could be either alignment (I'd probably expect watcher to be more town and tracker more mafia personally). Can't say much on this apart from what my first slot said during the initial day.
Ayano Keiko - Followed Lone onto the Thanos, and hasn't done much noteworthy. I'm not sure why @Midorikawa's track makes them town though. Has this been explained before? If not, may you please say why you think Ayano is town.

VOTE: Kharixi

It seems like you're trying to get easy town points while not doing much else.

It seems like you're trying to get easy town points while not doing much else.
If only it was that easy, heh.

But seriously, there hasn't been quite enough activity in this game for me to get a real read on much of anyone, so all I can do to prove my towniness is mention my night action, which indicated that Thanos visited Ayano Keiko on Night 2 (which I'm pretty sure was already mentioned).

Up to you whether you take that as a town night action, or a scum one, though.

If only it was that easy, heh.

But seriously, there hasn't been quite enough activity in this game for me to get a real read on much of anyone, so all I can do to prove my towniness is mention my night action, which indicated that Thanos visited Ayano Keiko on Night 2 (which I'm pretty sure was already mentioned).

Up to you whether you take that as a town night action, or a scum one, though.

So both you and Piko had the exact same actions?

And I just did a whole reads list. Is there anyone that stands out to you?

Calvin ッ - Lack of kill last night is either good doctor work or could be inactivity. If the players I think are scum turn out badly, I'd probably pursue this avenue.
I'm still not discounting the possibility of a commuter or (less likely) bulletproof townie also. I can agree that Calvin could be a last-resort lynch if we don't turn up any good leads though; the bluntest way to put it is that it's better to lose an inactive than someone actively contributing, even if the inactive flips town; at this point in the game anyone who drops off the map is likely to get modkilled since after a certain point it'd tilt the game to keep re-using dead players as subs, so it's better to lynch them than mislynch *and* deal with a modkill.

So both you and Piko had the exact same actions?

And I just did a whole reads list. Is there anyone that stands out to you?
Apparently.

Sorry that this isn't really helpful, but I pretty much agree with your reads. In particular I think Mido saying that Ayano is town is weird as well, and even though Mido hasn't given particularly scummy vibes, I would keep a close eye on them. Who knows if the tracker thing making Ayano town is genuine or not?

Vote: Kharixi

You said Midorikawa is weird for saying that Ayano is town. Midorikawa claimed to be the joat and on day 2, Spoopster voted for Thanos trying to get him lynched and I saved Thanos from getting lynched. Midorikawa is subbing for Thanos now.

Last edited:
Vote: Kharixi

You said Midorikawa is weird for saying that Ayano is town. Midorikawa claimed to be the joat and on day 2, Spoopster voted for Thanos trying to get him lynched and I saved Thanos from getting lynched. Midorikawa is subbing for Thanos now.

Firstly, whilst I do agree with the lynch option at this stage, your reasoning is sort of flawed. I said it was weird before Kharixi, and Kharixi isn't actively pursuing Mido. Just because something is weird doesn't mean we think it's scummy. We just want to know why they think Ayano is town.

I'm not sure why @Midorikawa's track makes them town though. Has this been explained before? If not, may you please say why you think Ayano is town.

Because they didn't do any scummy actions. Granted maybe they're godfather and just lazed about.

Anyways.

@Kharixi You're claiming the same thing as Piko. And you're also not giving any further information based around your ability.

Also sorry for inactivity. Been offline for a few days.

@Kharixi You're claiming the same thing as Piko. And you're also not giving any further information based around your ability.
All I've got is that all I receive is who visited who, but not what they did, and my action doesn't count for visiting either. I haven't targeted anyone else just because I don't know who to. Of course in hindsight I should probably have, for the sake of it, but oh well, nothing left to do at this point.

All I've got is that all I receive is who visited who, but not what they did, and my action doesn't count for visiting either. I haven't targeted anyone else just because I don't know who to. Of course in hindsight I should probably have, for the sake of it, but oh well, nothing left to do at this point.
What are you even claiming? Watcher or tracker? And you don't find it odd that you're currently only claimed action is the same as Piko?

@Pikochu What about you? What are your other results?

Night 6: A More Direct Approach
Night 6: A More Direct Approach

2. @Calvin ッ
3. Toluca @Sunsette
5. @Jinjo
6. swarla @Kharixi
7. Thanos @Midorikawa
8. @Pikochu
11. @Ayano Keiko

Day 6 End Votals:

Kharixi: 3 (Elementar, Jinjo, Midorikawa)

The leader of the Phantom Troupe had changed his focus and strategy. While many of the surviving Hunters had left the city, the ones that remained still were a hindrance to their escape and needed to be dealt with. So, alhough it risked exposure, he proposed that they be more proactive in attacking the biggest threats they were aware of. Their first target was a rookie Hunter, who while young, had proven to be quite slippery when cornered. Given his background, that was no surprise, but the leader was able to come up with a plan that would limit their target's chances to escape their grasp.

As the Hunter stealthily moved around the city streets in the afternoon, looking for more clues to help identify and locate the members of the Phantom Troupe, he was being followed by a member of the Phantom Troupe who was even more stealthy, and when the perfect opportunity came to attack, the Phantom Troupe gave no mercy, striking him down with the full force of his physical and mystical power.

Kharixi has been lynched. They were:
swarla Kharixi, you are Hanzo.

Hanzo%27s_Nen.png

Hanzo is a Hunter from the small island country of Jappon, and has trained in the art of ninjitsu since he was a child.

You are a real-life ninja and are able to avoid detection from all but the most highly trained adversaries, and have a high level of battle experience despite being only 20 years old.

As such, you are the Ninja Tracker. During the night phase, you may PM the action: [Shadow] Username, which will attempt to determine who your target visited that night, but not what actions were taken. You will not visit your target.

You are aligned with the Hunter's Association, and win when all forces opposing it are dead, while at least one member is alive.

It is now Night 6. It will last for about 24 hours and end on Sunday, April 21 at 11pm PDT (-7 UTC).

Hmmm... Is there really room for Mido's tracker in the JOAT, a full tracker and whatever Piko is? I'm doubtful...

Hmmm... Is there really room for Mido's tracker in the JOAT, a full tracker and whatever Piko is? I'm doubtful...
I could believe all of those exist in the same game, but the likelihood that all are town... not so sure about that at this point. I'd been leaning town on Piko, but the lack of activity is making it hard to get a real read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom