• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hydaelyn’s Chosen (A FFXIV thread)

i'm mostly pre-occupied with work things, so i also didn't get a chance to play as soon as it dropped. i think for now, i'm getting on, doing the msq, and that might be it? might be saving the third tier alliance raid for the weekend, depending how i feel.
I'm going to do most of MSQ tonight I think(?) (lest I get distracted) and then do the dungeon and trial with said bestie tomorrow. I'm also saving the alliance raid as she also hasn't done it. Maybe we could all go in together if we can coordinate timezones! We'll see. I always try to do patch ASAP even if not right on patch, both to avoid spoilers but mostly because I LOVE when everyone goes into a fight not knowing ANYTHING. It's so fun to watch (and be one of) the people die in droves. Hilariously fun time all around usually...

On a less fun note-

1696380884163.png
I see the Aether plague is continuing. I've never seen Aether congested this bad, not even when Asmon was supposedly bringing a lot of people there. I'm starting to think DC travel working in PF was a mistake.

I'm going to do most of MSQ tonight I think(?) (lest I get distracted) and then do the dungeon and trial with said bestie tomorrow. I'm also saving the alliance raid as she also hasn't done it. Maybe we could all go in together if we can coordinate timezones! We'll see. I always try to do patch ASAP even if not right on patch, both to avoid spoilers but mostly because I LOVE when everyone goes into a fight not knowing ANYTHING. It's so fun to watch (and be one of) the people die in droves. Hilariously fun time all around usually...

On a less fun note-

I see the Aether plague is continuing. I've never seen Aether congested this bad, not even when Asmon was supposedly bringing a lot of people there. I'm starting to think DC travel working in PF was a mistake.
omg let me know i'd love to do with you!! need some fun people to clown around with actually

and re: aether - this is the curse of being the "raider" dc lmao

and re: aether - this is the curse of being the "raider" dc lmao
There's definitely some very strawman psychology going on regarding that, yes. For the unaware I'll give a brief catch-up on the raid culture of FF right now.

This raid series has been one of the stranger ones ever since the 2nd tier, starting with the bleed debuff heavy fights and ultimately being overtuned as there was an entire length of time that the DPS check of P8S was so difficult to pass that even high parsing warriors had to swap to dark knight and gunbreaker just to meet it-- something that should never happen. It was revealed later that the testing team performed the fight too well, and thus the fight was scaled as needed. Obviously while this issue was fixed, the more cutthroat nature of this series has seemingly continued. Calling the fight designs 'poor' is not really correct here, as it's more these fights often rely on heavily coordinated mechanics that other raids have not had before, and require healers to use more of their kits than they may have before. This is a long winded way of saying 'this series is possibly the hardest thus far' but there are so many contributing factors as to why that is beyond 'fight design' itself.

The tldr of this culmination of events is that the high end scene has been pretty frustrated with each other all around, and since Aether has a reputation as being the "hardcore raid server" players from every DC have migrated over there to do content under the belief they will get 'competent players' since everyone is of the belief that Aether has all the 'good players'. The irony here is palpable, since you will more often than not end up in a party of entirely primal or crystal players on the aether dc. I'm not sure where we'll be going forward, and I have hope the made-up bubble will pop at some point, but it is pretty annoying to have to travel to aether just to do high end content because of this re-ignited belief that it's the place to be.

Soon enough the balance will be restored one way or another I guess.

I don't know if we need to spoil general concepts given for the upcoming EP? What I will say will not be spoilery: I'm not super excited for the new job, I'm glad others are, but it looks kinda bland. I'll give it a try, of course! Maybe there'll be something fun about it in the end. It's just that FFXIV classes always have a twist to them, and this one looks very straight-forward.

I was looking into new jobs that I might like to see in the future, and the first place is to look at FFXI, of course. I've never played it. My top wish is never to be - a FFXI like Bard that focuses solely on music. I was looking into it and you even get to pick your own instrument! And they have wind instruments! They even have a crumhorn!! So wild (I got to play one of those years ago, very strange little buzzy instrument, but fun lol). It really makes me wish that we could have this kind of Bard in FFXIV. It makes me sad.

(I downloaded the free trial of FFXI to see what it's like, but sadly screwed up somewhere in processing creating the PlayOnline account and even though I understand all of the password mess, it won't take mine. cries)

Otherwise, Beast Master looks like fun! Please... I want to use a Unicorn to fight!!

I don't know if we need to spoil general concepts given for the upcoming EP?
They were revealed during Fanfest LL so I’d say it’s fine, probably should spoiler hide any datamined leaks though. Good catch!

It's just that FFXIV classes always have a twist to them, and this one looks very straight-forward.
I agree, I guess I expected something more… whimsical? LOL. But it does sort of fit the vibe of Dawntrail so I’m not too bothered by it. It’s too early to say, but I hope the class isn’t going to be Ninja 2, I have a high prediction it’ll be oGCD heavy and I wouldn’t enjoy that much LOL…

I was looking into it and you even get to pick your own instrument!
Whaaat that’s so cool!! FFXI always sounds cool from everywhere I hear about it from, but I’m already devoted to one MMO and can’t really take on another… (A nearby shop has a copy of FFXI on physical disc for sale… that’s pretty cool!) I hope you can get things sorted so you can play it, sometimes SE feels so outdated and confusing… :(

My best friend and her fiance didn’t get into fanfest itself, but they’re going to the live concert tomorrow! Super pumped for them, and as usual, glad to see Yoshi P still cosplaying every year, LOL.

i don't really care much for Viper, but that's because melee dps (except samurai) tends to not be my cup of tea. looks cool, but i don't feel strongly about it.

as someone who also mains a magic dps (black mage), i'm much more looking forward to that reveal on the jp fanfest

WARRIORS OF LIGHT... how are we feeling about the Fall Guys event??

I for one, am TERRIBLE AT IT!!! I'm just no good-- no good at all!! I'm surprised the event is only a 3 month affair, and I have a suspicion that it will be back, given how high effort this collab was, so I'm not suuuper worried about not getting my Queen Bean title, but I'm definitely going to try and get all the prizes... But I'm no good!! Just no good at all!!! The first levels I'm okay at... but the second? I almost never get through... Everyone is so good at them!! Waaaah..

mostly because i've heard of lots of people cheating their way through
Ah, yeah I heard about that too. I honestly can't tell if a lot of people are cheating now or just got really good grinding it... I heard people are even selling wins, like... seriously? LOL. I still think you should give it a go when you can, it's genuinely pretty fun, especially with some friends.

I really, really hate that Aether has absorbed every PF on NA... I've gotten back to progging UCOB and I'm absolutely SICK of the stupidity of UAR strat... I was even in a PF today that was listed as UAR, but the party lead was actually doing UPR without realizing... lmao... Seriously, UAR isn't good at all, I don't know why people do it.

i think i'm at the point where i'm slowly losing steam this patch. i don't feel the need to log in daily. i probably should, because there are hunt trains i should catch since i need nuts to upgrade gear, but it's... not so urgent. not like i'm doing savage anytime soon, so it'd be gearing for the sake of gearing as usual.

dunno how to feel, really. i like doing content with people, but i also dislike logging in, idling in gridania for a while, and then logging off. i'd rather Do Interesting and Fun stuff, y'know?

dunno how to feel, really. i like doing content with people, but i also dislike logging in, idling in gridania for a while, and then logging off. i'd rather Do Interesting and Fun stuff, y'know?
Yeah same here, but I often go through highs and lows with FFXIV so I'm not like... discouraged or surprised in my case. I have times I play an insane amount and times I play and do very little. Right now I just sort of get on to craft or prog UCOB once in a while. My goal rn is to see Tenstrike again consistently in PF and then maybe seek out a static for a clear once I get back to Florida. I think it'll be smooth sailing after that.

As for the Fall Guys event-- my honeymoon with it is over, I'm just sooo bad at it no matter how much I play and I find it more frustrating these days than fun. I play a few games of it when I'm on just to have enough to cash in for a prize and I think once I get them all I won't be touching it again. The tells on it are so annoying and it's just not for me LOL. It's a high effort collab tho, so I'm sure it'll be back if I miss anything.

The hype has started building for Dawntrail lately, I've been pretty apathetic with the game for around half a year before now. Slowly starting to get back into it daily. Largely echo the sentiments with the Fall Guys event, it was fun for a little while and then just got tedious.

there isn't a whole lot to do aside from grinding relics, so i totally get the apathy. x.x i've been fairly busy/distracted with irl work, so i even unfortunately missed the earlier moogle tome event. hopefully i'll have enough free time for the next one.

@colours you still owe me a ffxiv wedding so I can get the clothes tbh
ANGIE AND JANNA FFXIV WEDDING?

echoing statements yeah, with Endwalker sunsetting, not much to do till Dawntrail… So I’m back in the Diadem! Figured this is the perfect time to level my crafters up to max so I can make money when DT hits. My FC will probably make some aetheric wheels again to prepare.

Didn’t play at all during the Mogtome event though rip… And I love Rival Wings…

Back
Top Bottom