• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hydaelyn’s Chosen (A FFXIV thread)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I didn’t see one, and since I play this game like almost every day of my life, I wanted to know if there were any others… and if we could talk about all things FFXIV together! Feel free to share IGNs and worlds and whatnot. I’ve already beaten Endwalker, but let’s try and spoiler tag any story-related EW content yeah?

At any rate, I’m a SMN main currently on a crafting binge again! My FC got a medium from the Ishgard housing and we’re thrilled with it, currently crafting to earn some money for a new personal medium of my own now… (I have a small)!

And be cautious about asking me my opinions on new SMN… I will easily make an essay on this subject. LOL

I also play the game almost everyday of my life. Have been playing it since 2015 and have mostly enjoyed the journey, particularly Shadowbringers and Endwalker.

Forever a healer main, am now thoroughly enjoying Sage. I doubt I'll be changing off of it to any other job for a long time. Also play as Viera, though I am extremely eager for female Hrothgar to come out, because the lack of true animalistic playable females is my biggest complaint about the game.

At the moment, I'm just grinding out some FATEs and PVP for a few hours each day. And am very passively trying to get all my jobs to 90. I used to do Savage and even managed to clear all the Eden raids in ShB. But my husband no longer has time for that, and I don't want to do it without him. [He's the only one who can explain the mechanics to me without getting convoluted and confusing. XD] So now I'm a casual who's mostly here for the story and to kind of zone out whilst grinding.

My very small FC also got an Ishgard medium recently, though the FC owner hasn't decorated it yet and I'm not much of a decorator myself for bigger spaces. Decorated my own room in the house and that's it.

Here's my profile. And my adventurer plate:

Adventurer Plate - Arylett Viera SGE3-NM.png
Also I like new Summoner a lot better than the last two iterations, but as a healer main, I do just press one button to DPS like 90% of the time, so I prefer more simplistic rotations.

Last edited:
It's great you made this thread, dude! I have sporadically since a little bit Endwalker dropped and I love the game... except the Relic Weapon quests. Limiting Poetics to 2000 was a mistake...

Currently playing a hrothgar Dragoon, and thanks to my OCD I'm kinda trapped getting the hyperconductive lance. Hopefully I can get Endwalker soon so I can get to 90 while grinding.

Hi, I've been playing for over a year and a half now. I didn't expect to get addicted to the game, but then I did. So now I can add being addicted to an MMORPG to my list of my embarrassments. Oh my.

Somewhere around a year ago or more I decided to level up every job to level 80. I still haven't achieved that. If we don't count getting Blue Mage to level 70 or wherever it is, I am just one job away, though - Astrologian. I have major healing anxiety, so I have to rely on single-player methods to level up Astrologian. I leveled up WHM primarily through Main Story Roulette (SCH leveled up with SMN, so I didn't have to bother with it) which is now no longer the cake walk it was before, so... that's out. D: So close, yet so far. (and healers get such a great glamour with the Republican Medicus's gear from Wolf's Den. Was mad when I found out I couldn't use it on other jobs. lol)

It has been a very long story my journey through the jobs (pre-deciding to learn them all) In short, I first chose Gladiator because I thought swords and shields were cool, but then picked up Conjurer because I had to have the Unicorn mount because I adore Unicorns. lol. Neither job really worked out for me, although I'm okay with tanking now, I had no idea what tanking meant back when I started playing because I had never played an MMORPG before. After that and the healing stress got to me, I switched to DPS. First Bard because, come on, how could I not? Over the past year I became a Dragoon main, though. Oddly enough. Now that I've played every job (except for Blue Mage lol) my favorites are Dragoon, Dancer, and Samurai. I really liked Summoner before the 6.0 changes, in fact it was the second DPS I tried after Bard. But I have not been able to get into it after the 6.0 changes.

I'm pretty casual. I will play Raids and Alliance Raids sometimes, but I don't enter the roulettes for those, I only play them once for story. I do not touch Extreme or further stuff. Nope. Never. Far too much stress. Alliance Raids have given me enough nightmares.

I'll share an adventurer plate, but... I, for some reason, used my real first name for the character, so I blotted out her first name because I'm not sure I want to share that to everyone.

zbGNigh.png

Somewhere around a year ago or more I decided to level up every job to level 80. I still haven't achieved that. If we don't count getting Blue Mage to level 70 or wherever it is, I am just one job away, though - Astrologian. I have major healing anxiety, so I have to rely on single-player methods to level up Astrologian. I leveled up WHM primarily through Main Story Roulette (SCH leveled up with SMN, so I didn't have to bother with it) which is now no longer the cake walk it was before, so... that's out. D: So close, yet so far. (and healers get such a great glamour with the Republican Medicus's gear from Wolf's Den. Was mad when I found out I couldn't use it on other jobs. lol)
When I started out, I used to be very nervous too. Healing is pretty easy though once you get the hang of it in this game. In casual content, I spend 90% of the time pressing one button, even in big pulls. They gave some of the tanks ridiculous amounts of healing in EW [I'm looking at you, Warrior], so you get to babysit them even less. But I can understand the anxiety of messing up when others are around.

Also, I actually dislike most healer glams. They don't really fit my aesthetic. I always look at all the other roles and get envious. Wish they'd make you able to glam them on any job.

• Staff
Oh I have a lot of catching up to do here! Thanks for coming guys!

Have been playing it since 2015 and have mostly enjoyed the journey, particularly Shadowbringers and Endwalker.
Oh, wow! You’ve been here a while, I’m envious! I started at the release of Shadowbringers, but I’ve been playing pretty intensely since! I definitely loved what SHB and EW brought to the table too!

I am extremely eager for female Hrothgar to come out, because the lack of true animalistic playable females is my biggest complaint about the game.
omg same, I’m so excited to see them, we need the variety! I hope they look really cool and strong… We need strong women!! (Maybe that’s why I have a weakness for femroes…)

At the moment, I'm just grinding out some FATEs and PVP for a few hours each day.
I have GOT to get back to shared fates… I’ve been obsessed with PVP… it’s so fun. Your adventurer plate is very cute! I love that the plate’s palette matches your glam.

It's great you made this thread, dude!
And thank you for chatting about the game with me! FFXIV is a big part of my life, it’s good to find more friends in the community.

I love the game... except the Relic Weapon quests.
Oh you are not alone on this one. LOL. I’ve onky been doing the HW relics currently because they’re the easiest to get of the relics. I’m not looking forward to starting my others.

Somewhere around a year ago or more I decided to level up every job to level 80. I still haven't achieved that.
Legit SAME… I currently have everything at 71… It’s such a SLOG. Was hoping to get everything to 80 before EW but it didn’t happen. I’m close enough at least!

and healers get such a great glamour with the Republican Medicus's gear from Wolf's Den.
I swear healers always get the best stuff, or stuff that’s my taste anyways. I feel it so hard as a caster main. Sometimes we get variants that are close to the healer, but I always like the healer version a bit more.

It’s also cool you’re a fellow fem au ra!! Your plate matches your glam too omggg

I really liked Summoner before the 6.0 changes
Oh, yeah, same. Big same. SMN was a very difficult class to master/optimize, it had such a high skill ceiling. It was NOT perfect, but I took a lot of pride in being a SMN main because of it. The rotation now feels insanely braindead, but I understand why it was done. It feels necessary. If they kept the prior SMN rotation and added onto it, it would have become rather ludicrous. The current rotation feels like a ‘soft reset’ on SMN, so I’m hoping in the future it will become complex again. At least I can focus more on mechanics this way!

And does it ease your anxiety at all to do higher end content with friends?

When I started out, I used to be very nervous too. Healing is pretty easy though once you get the hang of it in this game. In casual content, I spend 90% of the time pressing one button, even in big pulls. They gave some of the tanks ridiculous amounts of healing in EW [I'm looking at you, Warrior], so you get to babysit them even less. But I can understand the anxiety of messing up when others are around.

It just gives me major anxiety. Like going on a stage and playing an instrument by myself. It's that same kind of feeling.

I did like how much I felt like I was a vital part of the party, but it got too stressful for me. I'd say about Haukke Manor is when it started getting to be too much for me. I'm okay with healing any dungeon before that, which is... an extremely small fraction of the game now. lol

Also, I actually dislike most healer glams. They don't really fit my aesthetic. I always look at all the other roles and get envious. Wish they'd make you able to glam them on any job.

Aw come now. Healers have great glams! This is one of my top favorites of the entire game:

8EVJWhp.png

Really makes me sad I can't do healing. Oh well.

It took me foreverrrr to find a good glam for Dragoon that could be died white. Most armor died white looks really tacky and reminds me of those fictional giant robots in Japanese anime (like Gundam) LOL.

It's also incredibly hard to find a good glamour for Samurai in the style I wanted without forking over money on the store.

And Dancer... Ugh. I hate how all of its stereotypical outfits show far too much skin for me. Thankfully the EW DNC top is much less that than the ones before. But finding a good bottom for the outfit is challenging and I still don't have a good one that does what I want. Really wish I could take the bottom part of the Thavnairian Bustier top and make it into its own bottom!

Legit SAME… I currently have everything at 71… It’s such a SLOG. Was hoping to get everything to 80 before EW but it didn’t happen. I’m close enough at least!

Even before I started working again and had all of the free time in the world I couldn't get anywhere near managing it. It's mostly been a slow process of leveling through roulettes. (DPS in Leveling, Tanks/Healers MSQ). Can't believe I really have them all at level 80+ now aside from AST, SGE (forgot about it in my last post. Oops), and BLU (which... doesn't count, I don't think. I don't even think it goes up to level 80).

And does it ease your anxiety at all to do higher end content with friends?

I don't play high end content at all, though. Lol. I have never even tried. Tried to watch a video guide for one and it was just too much. Farrrr too much pressure. I went from Healer to DPS to escape that kind of pressure.

I feel kinda sad that Blue Mage can't go to level 90... It is my favorite class in most games, and it is the most broken class in those games if you're patient, but preventing them from being the same level as the rest of the classes is overkill.

• Staff
I love blue mage too but I have to disagree! Blue mage is super busted, so it makes sense it’s kept 10 levels below each expac. It is a class with so many insta-kills packed into it. I do wish it had more going for it than making particular side content way easier, such as shared fates and the moogle tome grind. Of course it has the savage clear challenges but those are scary as hell LOL. It’s still a super useful class for a ton of situations though.

flies in
How did I not see this?!

Hi guys, I'm a FFXIV addict since around March 2018. Currently I am leveling my GNB and DRK to 90 and then I'll finally have everything at 90. \o/

Just got to the end of the Heavensward. Now to finish the Relic Weapon. Please send help.
Ahh good luck! HW was absolutely amazing and getting through it is a big achievement. :'D

godsspeed on p3s... i've heard it's nothing short of hell in a handbasket.
Unfortunately since I posted this, I dropped from my static due to my mental health getting in the way, but I progged most of the fight. It's very hard!! But... I would say what makes it difficult is not the mechanics themselves, but the synergy they require. P3S I actually found the easiest to understand in the tier mechanic wise, but maybe that's because I'm built weird like that. What made it difficult is how many mechanics could lead to a wipe if not everyone was doing their part. And FoF.... Is definitely the scariest. It's a mechanic where a lot is happening and you have to tunnel vision and focus on YOUR part... Very challenging! We progged pretty fast though I'd say!!
Just got to the end of the Heavensward. Now to finish the Relic Weapon. Please send help.
If it's the HW relic weapon, it's the easiest to put together in my opinion so you've definitely got this!! Hope you enjoy Stormblood!

flies in
How did I not see this?!

Hi guys, I'm a FFXIV addict since around March 2018. Currently I am leveling my GNB and DRK to 90 and then I'll finally have everything at 90. \o/
I WAS WONDERING WHEN YOU'D POP IN TO JOIN!! Congrats!! I currently have most every job besides my mains at 71 so I'm planning to do my push to 90 soon too... I assume you saved your tanks for last like me because it's spooky? LOL... or just no desire to play them?

I started playing around september 2019! Right after I graduated uni, and I cannot be stopped I love it so much!!

Ahaha, mostly because tanks are a little scary to play yeah!! Always the most pressure and messing up is more noticeable. I am a WHM + BRD main though, and find those two classes for the most part enjoyable despite healing also being a little pressuring. :3 Have to decide which tank I want to main, at first I thought Paladin (was my first 90 tank) but then I met Warrior and it's :chefskiss:

Unfortunately since I posted this, I dropped from my static due to my mental health getting in the way, but I progged most of the fight. It's very hard!! But... I would say what makes it difficult is not the mechanics themselves, but the synergy they require. P3S I actually found the easiest to understand in the tier mechanic wise, but maybe that's because I'm built weird like that. What made it difficult is how many mechanics could lead to a wipe if not everyone was doing their part. And FoF.... Is definitely the scariest. It's a mechanic where a lot is happening and you have to tunnel vision and focus on YOUR part... Very challenging! We progged pretty fast though I'd say!!

sorry to hear about having to leave your static, but prog's always good! and you come first, anyways.
to be fair, isn't a lot of P3S also just bits and pieces of UWU/TEA? or am i thinking of a different fight from the same tier? (for reference, i don't do current savage content bc i'm too lazy to push BIS gear; i have too many rp alts to level LMAO, but i think i'd at least be capable of it? i usually just sit back and watch other people suffer and cheer them on)

How's it going fellow Warriors Of Light?? Sorry I forgot I made this thread for a bit but I will NOT let that happen again!
isn't a lot of P3S also just bits and pieces of UWU/TEA? or am i thinking of a different fight from the same tier?
I'm not sure! I haven't done ultimates, but I know there are some mechanics this current tier that are also in ultimates-- according to my friends.
i usually just sit back and watch other people suffer and cheer them on
PRETTY MUCH SAME... but that miiight change next tier. I might go back in the raiding scene, mostly because my best friend is dragging me along.
I had a really stressful last few weeks because of health issues (the serious stuff was just ruled out though, whew!) and wasn't able to play much but I'm looking forward to finally doing my weekly Aglaia run. ughhh.
I'm 90000 years late to respond to this, but I hope you finally got that Aglaia run! LMAO. I hope you have been feeling better too!! Now that DC travel exists, maybe we can all play together sometime.
but am a White Mage / Ninja main.
I have a high respect for Ninjas... your grasp of memorizing so many buttons is insane. Lunie is powerful..

Speaking of playing together, as an update on my journey--

Dragged @colours a few days ago through o12s and just today our first clear of e12s-- rerunning old mildly tough content unsynced for some missed rewards and glams as a group! (e12s death cam here>> LOL)
1667989747989.png
Was a lot of fun! We only managed one clear, but now that we're slowly getting the hang of it, the gang is gonna try farming it at a later date, and once we finish, move back to e8s and see what happens from there. Arceus bless colours for the hell she heard LMAO.

Most of my high-end raiding friends are looking for more content to do since tier is finishing up, so it's been the perfect time to grab them. I need to level my crafters to 90 before next tier so I can reap that sweet raid food money...

Back
Top Bottom