• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hydrogenium's Blog Attempt

^ Hi Catz! And welcome lol!

I KNEW IT WAS MAYA THE BEE!!! When you said furry bee anime that was the first thing that popped into my head XD The CGI adaptation gives me the heebie jeebies I hate it lmao
1702233720764.jpeg

...it's just for the lolz.

Hydro I never knew you had a fish!! I'm excited to hear about all you have planned but... more fishy info if you please sometime ..
Three! They are a white one white with an orange diamond-shaped spot on its head, an orange one with black fin tips, and just an orange one - but more intense colour. I don't think any of them is any standard variety of a goldfish (they have fancier tails and that's all).

Bought them this summer (...a memorable experience of this year). They were so much smaller when I bought them lol, I wonder how much they are going to grow...

I had two goldfish for a few years some years ago, one much longer than the other. It was a very memorable pet... lifechanging I would say, it might sound like an overstatement, but I wholeheartedly know it is not...

I always wanted an aquarium. When I was like twelve? my mum bought me one as a reward for getting accepted to a school. It has twenty litres, I had shrimps in it for the majority of the time I'd say. But I had no shrimps for a while now. I think it was at the beginning of this year I completely cleaned it after doing nothing with it for almost a year or longer maybe, I changed the substrate for the first time too. The only thing that was there from the beginning is Anubias barteri nana on a wood, perhaps only the wood, it is possible I replaced the plant, but still, I had this one for a very long time now and I do not remember replacing it, and I think I would remember as aquarium plants are very expensive. I barely touched the aquarium since, but the plants seem to be doing really well!

I also have two little, like five litres?, 'aquariums' for betas but they are currently dry. I have my fish in a... well, it is a really big outdoor flower pot filled with water! So like a little indoor pond!

The shrimps I had, had the same species always, and for quite a long time, they were Caridina japonica or Caridina multidentata - Amano shrimp! They are named after the aquarist who popularized them, as a way to regulate algae. They are really good at keeping an aquarium clean!!

1702242421710.jpeg
1702242600476.jpeg
1702242699255.jpeg
1702242719037.jpeg
I no longer have nice plants like these... very old photos! (Also I was probably wrong about the Anubias, it's missing on the photos...)

This is something I could bore you guys with forever lol. Thanks for asking about my fish, Lisia!!

Anyway, back to the fact that the year is ending soon... and there are some things I want to post about before that happens, and these are:
  • one of the best anime I've seen this year, sort of a recommendation-style review
  • music, set your expectations low for that if you're into music
  • also, one short movie
  • there are more things, but I'm not sure...
music, set your expectations low for that if you're into music
How does one tell whether a piece of music is good or bad? I didn't know until my sister told me something one teacher said. That if you listen to a song, and you don't understand the lyrics, and you don't have any 'aesthetic experience' from the music, then it wasn't a song for you... chances are it was "bad" too. So the answer to something I wondered about for quite a long time was this simple? Perhaps it's more complicated, but at the same time, it is this simple.

And this post is simple. To emphasise the message. Just kidding. I have much more to say on the topic, but it somehow feels too personal. I don't feel like saying more for that reason. So that's it for today. Have a nice weekend everyone!!

All right! Typing this from my phone, so hopefully this’ll be readable… The forums are terrible on a phone for me, I cannot believe I joined from a phone!! I joined from the phone I had before I broke it in a very stupid way (I haven’t physically damaged it though) which left me without a phone with internet connection for like a year I suppose, so I haven’t even seen the mobile version of the forums in quite a while! I got a mobile phone for Christmas and it was the first time getting one for Christmas for me, hopefully last, too… I don’t know, is it just me or are phones these days made to last no longer than like… five years? They are always adding new and new features, so the devices get quickly outdated so when one’s breaks, why should one be bothered by getting it fixed when it’s much easier and „better“ getting a new device? It would be probably nearly impossible to get it fixed once it gets „outdated“ anyway… Rather messy way of saying what I mean, but I suppose you have at least seen the advertisements for the newest mobile phones – it’s quite apparent from them what mentality the companies want the people to have. …Forget about all of this, don’t listen to me (ever).
So, I have a phone that is fully functioning, I mean, you can still make a phone call from my Nokia Asha 501, by „fully functioning“ I mean functioning to the degree my mum considers necessary, which is quite a lot of functions… I just hope this phone will not break within the first year of usage… Seriously, I have no idea how can someone consider „the technology these days“ (imagine whatever you want under this expression) to be 100% reliable… I have no reason to do so as my laptop decided to randomly broke, and it’s not its first time doing so. Unlike the last time, it’s still usable – what happened is that now, somehow, the only way for me to connect it to the internet is through USB tethering (using my phone, and my phone always charges during this and I’m worried it’ll have a negative impact on it’s battery life).
Agggghhhh enough of this!!
You might already know there are posts I wanted to post here while it’s still 2023… not happening. I thought that’s something I will be upset about but I am not, as I have grown a lot as a person during this year, and in my incredible maturity, I simply changed my mindset about these and accepted the things as they are, decided to post later (spent hours crying because of this) O.K. O.K. just kidding of course… but I do feel like I experienced some personality growth this year… and it’s thanks to people from bulbaforums as well <3
I was almost sure I’d be upset if I didn’t post here one more time this year! So, something at least!!
It was a special day today! (It still is.) I got like… three hours of sleep tonight, needed to get up early as we were picking up a dog we have adopted! I have already convinced my mum to get me a dog, that it’ll be O.K. as I’ll leave her house in a couple of years, and the animal with me, and we planned to get one next year but change! It’s next to me right now, sleeping. I won’t tell you how I named my dog as that information could be detrimental to your health… about dog names some other time, I’m kind of worried I won’t be able to post this in 2023 my time zone if I go on tangents like this! That’s why this might be a terrible post a) not using Grammarly, b) Word on my phone, cannot switch the language to English, my only spellcheck is the phone keyboard, glad I installed the Eng one as writing in English with Czech autocorrect?! No. That’s a terrible experience. (Using phone instead of laptop so I can be on the floor – USB cable + a pup? No.)
Czech Word that’s why „this“. Worried there’s no enough time to make revisions to this post. Just copy paste. Hmm the paragraphs are kind of stylised like in Czech too.
I never believed I could get a big dog before living on my own… But yes! It’s a mixbreed, so I have no idea, hmm kinda resembles Belgian shepherd? Probably will reach around that size, considering her current size and age. She’s so amazing :bulbaLove:
So 2024 soon, huh? Once, I made a… prediction, an educated guess I’d say, and I came to a conclusion that 2024 will be an amazing year for me, and so far, everything suggests that I was right! I hope it’ll be an amazing year for you too <3
This year, I watched one anime that reminded me about one very important thing about myself. As a result, I was able to decide what I want to do once I finish my current school, as if, the level of education. So that’s my achievement of 2023, one of them, I’d say the biggest one maybe?
Anyway: I wish you a good 2024!! I don’t remember what the most common wishes are in English so, I suppose in Czech the most unoriginal wish to new year would go as: „Všechno nejlepší do nového roku!“ All the best to the new year! I might be biased, but „všechno nejlepší“ is a good wish, even when extremely overused! So, all the best to you :bulbaLove:
Oh, right, I remember now, it’s „Happy new year!“ Happy new year too of course!!

^ The post above is... Well, definitely a post. Still somehow happy I made it even though it’s such a mess!

Weekend!! But there are a few things I wanted to get done (this' one of them) and I finally have some real free time soooo...

Also, I'd like to do a post here about my... 'personal creative projects', let's say... It's just something I want to talk about, but I never do lol.

I decided to have a creative “start of the year” (first post of 2024 here!!) sooooooo... Where to start ^^; I’d like to make a comic!! Attempts were made already but that’s not what I want to talk about today (or, maybe, ever?? lol!) I’d like to talk about my projects to get motivated (to remind myself why they’re worth all the work) and to sort things out... While this is something I’m excited to talk about all the time, I rarely do!! If that makes sense – I suppose you know “creators who love their characters talking about them” so that, kind of, let’s say- I... I should actually strat, right?!

The first one... Is first because it’s the one I’d like to focus on this year!! My goal is to design all the characters and... environments, it’s called? Locations and interiors. That’s “environments”. It’s “smaller” compared to other projects. It’s based on a story I’ve written for my English class. The original story... Is sure something. I wrote it without planning anything, the writing process was like: oh, this is cool, let’s add that! And this, to have some progression of the story... and I’ve been working on it for three days now, I should hurry up and explain all these things so they make sense somehow and write a resolution of all these plot lines :thinking It’s not the best piece of writing but I still like it a lot!! But it starts with a dream so that’s... Not something I’m a fan of. Actually, when I finished writing it, I was very seriously considering sharing it here!! I was that proud. But... Years have passed already and you still wouldn’t find it in the Writers’ Workshop. My teacher ended up liking it a lot so that was great! I’m still considering rewriting the original story but I’m afraid it would “lose its identity” as I’d probably change it a lot – I don’t want to contradict myself – as I don’t really like the story, there are just some aspects of it I really, really like... Taking these aspects, I created the story for my comic. Now back to writing about writing: I thought writing it as a purely written work first might be a good idea as a) I think taking the time to explore many different possibilities for the plot and characters is worth it – visual storytelling and writing are different, but I don’t think it would translate badly from one to another, at least in the case of my story. Exploring it in different mediums... that’s what I want!! b) it started with a written work so... I'd like to see the story inspired by the original short story as a written work as well!

I already worked on the comic... last year- no, a year before that, or maybe even before... Anyway, it led nowhere as I haven't planned it properly and got stuck. I have a couple (literally) of character designs done, others are done? with question mark.

Aghhhh, I started writing this some time ago, left it unfinished and finished it only now! I wanted one long post about whatever I'm working on but... I also wanted to post at least this this month!! Ah, seems like this place will turn into a 'creative blog' of sorts for a bit, lol. Sorry for that!

There sure is a couple of interesting... 'typing choices' in the yesterday's "blog entry" :confused:

No, not editing them, it's what it is! lol

Anyway, third phone blog post!! It'll turn out amazing this time because it's very short and... Advertising time :slowpoke:

I made a tumbler blog for my photos, it's password protected because tumbler is too big and that's scary... I'd make a thread for my photos here but I'd need to scale them down as pictures that big cannot be uploaded + spoiler tags, I'm lazy lol just kidding, tumbler- oh no I just realised I'm spelling tumblr wrong! Oh, anyway, tumblr has multiple appearance options and I wanted to showcase my photos in style!! The pictures still lose quality, but not that much as they would if I posted them here, I believe?

So, here you go, the link!!

CONTENT WARNINGS FOR INSECTS AND REPTILES!!!!

The password:
Screenshot_20240121-203252~2.png
(I highly recommend using desktop)
(I add photos irregularly, not too often)
(I sometimes forget how to spell 'photography' and alike words ^^; just ignore that if you encounter something like that there)

...and that's all!!

Glad you like these, Ivory!

To be honest, my photos mean a lot to me as they hold many memories and I always genuinely enjoy taking them...

(Just wait for that portrait of a cormorant--

Back
Top Bottom