• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Hypothetical India Pokemon Region

Reaction score
For a hypothetical Indian Pokemon Region, which animals do you want to see be converted into Pokemon or what Pokemon do you want to see get regional variants.

For me, lets begin with the starters

For the Grass type, i think a Bear species would be fun. Then i am thinking about the Sun Bear specifically as a Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground type

For the Fire starter, A snake, is a good fit. Which would be a Fire/Poison type

For the Water Starter, we have to look at Semi-Aquatic animals. I think the Gharial would fit that bill perfectly. I think Water/Ghost would fit perfectly

For the regional bug, i think the Swallowtail Butterfly would be good with a mechanic that the secondary typing changes depending on the color marking of the wings of the Butterfly.

For the regional bird, the Crested Treeswift looks interesting as a Flying/Grass type in final evolution. Another bird that needs to be featured is the Peafowl obviously, but isn't gonna be a flying type, but a pure Psychic type.

For the regional Rodent the Indian Crested Porcupine would fit the bill. Its a Normal/Ground type, but to change it up, it doesn't evolve but it has 2 stances. A docile stance (When it isn't in battle) and the agressive stance (When it executes a move in battle and it stays in this stance until the battle is over)

For the regional cat, i think the Snow Leopard or Eurasian Lynx would be interesting to give the player early Ice type acces. Another cat that can be included is a Fire type counterpart, the Caracal.

For the regional Dog, we can have a Jackal or Fox.

Then we have the regional Fish we can do the Herring (We don't have one yet right)

It might be interesting to see a mirror image of Copperajah in some form, in which a typically Galarian species is 'left-behind' in Poké-India. Given how Copperajah is a standalone species, it could itself be a standalone rather than a regional form. Of course, you'd want to do it tastefully given the history - perhaps leaning more into the medieval tropes would work better than something industrial-themed?

It might be interesting to see a mirror image of Copperajah in some form, in which a typically Galarian species is 'left-behind' in Poké-India. Given how Copperajah is a standalone species, it could itself be a standalone rather than a regional form. Of course, you'd want to do it tastefully given the history - perhaps leaning more into the medieval tropes would work better than something industrial-themed?

Interesting idea, but if not a regional variant, which animal did you have in mind for that?

Peafowl obviously, but isn't gonna be a flying type, but a pure Psychic type.
I always thought Peafowl would work really well for a Starter, since it can cute as well as cool, but then they might not lean into the gender dimorphism angle. I'd love for it to have a secondary type to make it more competitively viable because such a Pokémon is probably going to be poplar. Psychic/Fairy can work.

Of course, you'd want to do it tastefully given the history - perhaps leaning more into the medieval tropes would work better than something industrial-themed?
I think they could do a Ground/Water variant for it based on earthen teapots. Cufant and Copperajah are somewhat based on copper teapots, whereas clay teapots and utensils are pretty popular to consume beverages, ranging from water storage all the way to tea.

Gothitlle with golden ornaments and a longer neck maybe it's garments becomes like that of a native dancer.

It could use it's powerful legs in combat almost like something off of a street fighter game.

It would be Psychic/Fighting and have attacks like dizzy punch metal sound and bounce. It's ornaments are only only decorations mind you so it's not a steel type

Honestly India is one of those countries that's big and diverse enough that different chunks of it could be regions on their own. You could have a Gujarat region, a Punjab region, a Kerala/Tamil Nadu region... lots of options.

Maybe a proper Tiger Pokemon this time around. Would be great if they brought back that scrapped beta tiger from gold and silver. Maybe an ice type variant of leopard based on snow leopards.

Legendaries based on Hanuman (fighting) and Ravana (Dark/Fighting) are a must.

Maybe a proper Tiger Pokemon this time around. Would be great if they brought back that scrapped beta tiger from gold and silver. Maybe an ice type variant of leopard based on snow leopards.

Legendaries based on Hanuman (fighting) and Ravana (Dark/Fighting) are a must.
Fun fact: Infernape is actually inspired from Hanuman.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom