• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ001: The Pendant of Beginning, Part 1 ・HZ002: The Pendant of Beginning, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Liko is a Paldean girl enrolled at Sekiei Academy, a boarding school in the Kanto region. She's delighted to receive her first Pokémon Nyahoja, but Nyahoja doesn't listen to her at all, and she struggles to bond with it... Meanwhile, a suspicious group of people show up in search of her, wanting the mysterious pendant she has.

The first Pokémon being disobedient is certainly something seen before with Ash and Pikachu. Interesting to see how they’ll tackle it this time.

I doubt that it won't matter as a secondary setting, but even if it was insignificant - why couldn't it be anywhere else? Paldea has an established academy.
To be fair it might be because it has an established academy, the naranja/Uva academy seems like it would have a monopoly on schools in Paldea. And they dont wanna favor one game over the other by picking one.

I think it kind of makes sense to not use the Naranja/Uva Academy given that it seems that they offer all of the starters across the various regions. That being said, making it an anime exclusive academy in Kanto is kind of boring. Not to mention it just makes me think that we'll still have some good old fashion Kanto pandering in this world tour series again. They may not use the setting too much after Liko and Roy head out on their journeys, but I wouldn't be surprised they still use it on occasion.

Liko having a difficult time bonding with Sprigatito is an interesting setup for the first episode, even if it might make comparisons with Ash and Pikachu's beginning more apparent too.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Liko is a Paldean girl enrolled at Sekiei Academy, a boarding school in the Kanto region. She's delighted to receive her first Pokémon Nyahoja, but Nyahoja doesn't listen to her at all, and she struggles to bond with it... Meanwhile, a suspicious group of people show up in search of her, wanting the mysterious pendant she has.

Inb4 Liko is attacked by a group of Spearow while protecting Spritgatito and then the Sprigatito comes to her aid.

Can't wait to see how Liko gets Sprigatito to bond with her
And yeah the pendant (and presumably the roy pokeball) might be the focus of the series

They probably picked Kanto as they probably just didn't have enough time beforehand to build out Paldea stuff by the time they were making these episodes as all Paldea pokemon seen are the ones earliest promoted
similar to Journeys with Galar stuff as they had enough to tackle the stuff that was promoted early like the starters, the GMax Snorlax and etc but not enough to place it in Galar I assume

Plus since Roy is apparently from Kanto it could be a way for them to meet

From what we have seen, Sprigatito is a different kind of not listening than Pikachu was. Pikachu was being stubborn, Sprigatito is just being a cat and just doesn't want to do anything.
I'm a little confused on something, we see a Fuecoco on the Airship, but during the Roy scene he's... also with a Fuecoco.
Are there two Fuecoco? Did the airship one somehow end up with Roy? Is Roy just very quick to get onto the airship and we just don't see any of that in the preview.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, this summary just soft confirms the explorers are indeed the new TR and not rivals. The ceruledge guy may be rival-like, but the other two are 100% copies of TR.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, this summary just soft confirms the explorers are indeed the new TR and not rivals. The ceruledge guy may be rival-like, but the other two are 100% copies of TR.
I think they'll be more like the henchman of the Ikemen, who is the main villain.

I guess this confirms that Liko won't be battling or having a badge quest. If she is in Kanto it's not possible to battle the Paldea gyms? Unless she battles the Kanto gym leaders but that would be strange.
Although that would force them to show Misty again so maybe that could be kind of interesting. :unsure:

I guess this confirms that Liko won't be battling or having a badge quest. If she is in Kanto it's not possible to battle the Paldea gyms? Unless she battles the Kanto gym leaders but that would be strange.
Although that would force them to show Misty again so maybe that could be kind of interesting. :unsure:
She's going to school in Kanto, but since they are going to be traveling around the world, it wouldn't be impossible for her to battle the Paldea Gyms. I really doubt that they're going to make her into a battler, let alone have her take on the Paldea Gyms, but ideally they can still make better use of showcasing both older and the current generations in Horizons than they did in Journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom