• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ001: The Pendant of Beginning, Part 1 ・HZ002: The Pendant of Beginning, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The preview looks amazing. I'm glad we'll get to see a little bit of Nidothing and Quaxly in the first episode. I love that we're still seeing new Paldean Pokémon right off the bat. I was so happy to see Pawmi animated :bulbaLove: The intro also really emphasized the world traveling by showing lots of Pokemon across all regions. Boy am I hyped for next week :bulbaWave:

I genuinely enjoy the slice of life bits of the episode where it mostly feels like it is adaptation of another series. Pokémon in daily life has a different vibe to it than our usual traveling episodes. It feels like another level of world building. I am really interested to see how the series will proceed.

Liko seems to have trouble socializing. Maybe that is how Roy will come into the picture since he seems more extroverted. Maybe he will help her break out of her shell.

Liko seems to have trouble socializing. Maybe that is how Roy will come into the picture since he seems more extroverted. Maybe he will help her break out of her shell.
New kid in a new school in a new region with nobody she knows present, something that happens in real life sadly

The premise for this argument is still flimsy. We had ONE series where the female lead wasn't as prominent as her male counterparts, immediately being proceeded by a new series with a female lead who is MORE prominent than her male counterpart, yet you're using the exception as the reason to be sceptical about how they're going to treat Liko. You're trying to use a recent pattern to intuit how a new character is going to be treated in a franchise that has shown itself very willing to change things up whenever it wants to.

To demonstrate this, if we say Misty, May, Dawn and Iris were all battlers, we'd assume Serena would be to, if we're going by the pattern. Yet, she, Lillie, Lana, Mallow and Chloe weren't heavy battlers. The pattern's been broken. So should we assume Liko would follow in their footsteps? Well, no, because history suggests there're no set rules they have to follow. Like how SM threw out the journey concept. Or how Journeys threw out the singular region concept. Or how Ash went from losing his major battles to winning them. Or how they decided Ash and Team Rocket are no longer going to be part of the show. We can't use the show's history and track record as a predictive tool. The only thing we can use is the information immediately available to us, and that information is Liko is involved in at least two battles in the first episode and possesses an object a seemingly antagonistic group is after, which might lead to future battles. There's nothing there that should cause us to doubt Liko will be involved in battles throughout this series.
We had one? Since BW we hadn't had a prominent female main lead battler. Especially as prominent as the male characters. The closest we had was Lana and she doesn't really count because she battles a total of 4 times competitively.

Compared to Ash and kiawe who sparred and battled in numerous episodes and opening scenes

The manga came out and courtesy of Dogasu, we have mild spoilers such as Oshawott girl being named Anne, Friede's ship being the Brave Asagi, and Murdoch having a Fuecoco that'll likely end up with Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom