• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ005: I Found You, Hogator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Horizons' episodes going to be more like...connected than past series? Interesting if it is, and it will be a nice change of pace after how disjointed Journeys felt.
We're still in the first few episodes of the series, so I wouldn't be so sure of that. The premise of the main cast travelling around on an airship that currently has no identifiable destination is seemingly perfect for CotD types of episodes (or, dare I say, "fillers"). Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I'd definitely wait and see before concluding that Horizons is gonna be any more structured than Journeys or any of the past seasons.

I'm glad Roy is getting two episodes based around his introduction, but I'm not happy that the Explorers are here as well. I wish Roy could have had more time to just himself or at least just him and Liko. Fingers crossed that he'll get another focus episode after this.

Wow, they are really pushing the Explorers as the bad guys. I hope they won't become overused like TR even if they seem like serious villains rather than joke characters. I hope we get to find out more about what Liko's goal will be because that is what I'm currently worried about. I think I would have preferred if they had established that before they introduced another protagonist (the cast is already huge!).

Wow, they are really pushing the Explorers as the bad guys. I hope they won't become overused like TR even if they seem like serious villains rather than joke characters. I hope we get to find out more about what Liko's goal will be because that is what I'm currently worried about. I think I would have preferred if they had established that before they introduced another protagonist (the cast is already huge!).

I think Liko's goal is just to investigate her pendant. I don't think she'll have a quantifiable goal like Ash going for badges or May/Dawn going for contest ribbons.

Is Horizons' episodes going to be more like...connected than past series? Interesting if it is, and it will be a nice change of pace after how disjointed Journeys felt.
It certainly feels like it though man do these feel super decompressed. By episode 5 we haven’t even really started the actual adventure of the series yet with this episode having Roy not even joined the group yet.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Roy has come to the Rising Volt Tacklers' blimp with a desire to see Hogator again, but a streak of bad luck results in him not getting to do so. Now it's almost time for the blimp to set off. Will the two get to see each other again...? Meanwhile, a submarine belonging to Amethyo's Explorers approaches the blimp?!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Shun Horie: Amethyo
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Yoshino Aoyama: Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu

So I'm guessing by the end of tomorrow's episode, Liko takes just Fuecoco back to the ship after she finds it with Roy. It's interesting that he didn't go with them considering how he'd bonded with Fuecoco, but maybe he was just doing something else. Not a bad thing though, since it leads to Roy getting more focus.

Magazine issues that Roy and Liko will battle Amethio in this episode:
Roy and Liko vs Amethio.png

Building up to Roy joining the Rising Volt Tacklers and building on his bond with Fuecoco is more than enough reason to keep me interested. A battle with Amethio though is definitely a nice bonus. Definitely great to see more Ceruledge being featured also. I am liking the strong presence Paldean Pokemon have had so far.

And then suddenly, Friede swoops in to save the day.
Agreed. Really hate that occur. But it inevitable again. Especially, they facing an almost pseudo like legendary pokemon.

I don't think Liko or Roy are capable enough to defeat Amethio yet. The best Liko has done so far is put Rhydon to sleep and distract Conia enough to escape. Plus, Amethio has at least two Pokemon, and probably has more we have yet to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom