• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ005: I Found You, Hogator

Though I am ALREADY dreading how the English Dub will handle Roy's Fuecoco song (especially if it becomes a recurring element):eek:

Bonnie and the Squishy Song in the XY&Z dub was bad enough...:sick:

The good:
+Fuecoco being adorable and how Roy was able to connect with it with a song.
+Roy and Liko bonding.
+The crew being, well, themselves.
+The Pokemon of the island coming together to help. Gave me movie 2 vibes.

The bad:
-Why did Roy stay in the ship in order to meet Fuecoco only to never meet him?
-Slow pacing.
-Starters destroying fully-evolved and former-fully evolved Pokemon like if they were nothing, if the villains were going to be handled this way they should have received weaker Pokemon.

Ok episode, wasn't really invested in the slow paced scenes but it planted the seeds for a decent climax.

-Starters destroying fully-evolved and former-fully evolved Pokemon like if they were nothing, if the villains were going to be handled this way they should have received weaker Pokemon.
To be fair Golduck isnt actually the strongest (A Sprigatito could actually beat one in just a few turns if it doesnt get knocked out), and Rhydon had been battling a few other Pokemon before Fuecoco.

Luckily Fuecoco's name lends itself well to a song using only it, mostly thanks to the coco part.
No joke, while I was at work today, I thought about a song that could work in English for Fuecoco. I thought of it being something like "Hey ho, Fuecoco," which doesn't sound too bad to me.

I think Liko´s first win in battle being offscreen was bad. And Roy´s personality is very similar to Ash´s. Connecting with Fuecoco through the song is something that Ash would do. It reminded me Ash bonding with rockruff by putting his butt up. However, Fuecoco would be at most at second place for a generation with Ash, because pikachu will always be Ash´s best partner. But fuecoco will be the top 1 on Roy´s heart, because it is his starter.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom