• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ006: The Ancient Monster Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering when we'd get a new episode title reveal

Curious to see if the secrets of Roy's Poke Ball will reveal
I don't think the secrets will revealed. However, I think we will discover how Roy got the Ancient Pokeball.

Looks like we might get some info on how Roy's ended up with that strange looking Pokéball. Wonder how this'll pan out.

I’m guessing we’ll probably get the backstory on how Roy’s grandpa found the Pokéball and probably some more information on the relationship he has with Friede, as well.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The Explorers disembark on the island and confront the Rising Volt Tacklers, wanting Liko and the pendant. The Nyahoja and Hogator team put up a good fight as Liko and Roy take them on together, but Amethyo and Armorga catch them off guard and close in on them. Just then, Liko's pendant starts shining again! And something strange happens with the "ancient monster ball" Roy has...?!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Shun Horie: Amethyo
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Yoshino Aoyama: Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu

The continuity of this series has been impressing me so far.

Corviknight is such a cool Pokemon. I'm glad it's becoming Amethio's secondary battle mon and not just a fancy ride.

This summary makes me think that the Shiny Rayquaza is inside the Ancient Pokeball and it coming into contact with the Pendant is what causes it to be released and Terrastalized. Then Roy makes it his goal to one day find it again.

I will say that I hope they slow down on the Explorers appearances once we get fully into the swing of things. Having them appear almost every episode only to be beaten/tricked will lower their credibility as genuine threats, which is what the writers seem to be trying to portray them as for the most part.

Certainly gets boring if they use the same Pokemon every time, I just hope he has more than just Ceruledege and Corviknight

I could see him having an Annihilape or Baxcalibur.

This summary makes me think that the Shiny Rayquaza is inside the Ancient Pokeball and it coming into contact with the Pendant is what causes it to be released and Terrastalized. Then Roy makes it his goal to one day find it again.

I will say that I hope they slow down on the Explorers appearances once we get fully into the swing of things. Having them appear almost every episode only to be beaten/tricked will lower their credibility as genuine threats, which is what the writers seem to be trying to portray them as for the most part.

Annihilate, definitely.

From the looks of the preview it seems you may be right on the money with your theory.

Yay! Another Roy episode! I was hoping he'd get 3 focusing on his story since Liko did, so this is great to see!
It's not exactly a focus only on Roy like there was a focus only on Liko. You can still feel that Liko is a little more important.

Finally we will find out what is up with the random shiny Rayquaza... But why should we care about the Gen 3 legendary in a series that should be promoting Koraidon and Miraidon? What was the point of their cameo in the TR specials if they won't be relevant in the new anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom