• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ006: The Ancient Monster Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally we will find out what is up with the random shiny Rayquaza... But why should we care about the Gen 3 legendary in a series that should be promoting Koraidon and Miraidon? What was the point of their cameo in the TR specials if they won't be relevant in the new anime?
I really doubt they are so interested to promote Koraidon and Miraidon at this point. I mean, the games have been released months ago.

Not to mention that previous seasons of Pokemon doesn't focus so much on the legendaries either.

I really doubt they are so interested to promote Koraidon and Miraidon at this point. I mean, the games have been released months ago.

Not to mention that previous seasons of Pokemon doesn't focus so much on the legendaries either.
It’s honestly a bit worrying just how little Paldea is being promoted in this series. It’s feeling very surfac-level like with Galar in Journeys where we see some Pokémon of the region but the region itself is just left in the back burner. While they said they’re headed to Paldea, who knows if it’s even gonna be a straight shot once they’re finished with the prologue or if we’ll experience layovers along the way.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 松澤くれは (Kureha Matsuzawa)
Storyboard 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Episode Director 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Animation Director 岡昭彦 (Akihiko Oka)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 新岡浩美 (Hiromi Niioka)

To be fair, Koraidon and Miraidon wouldnt fit at all with this plot IMO. They probably came up with a cool idea first and then decided the legendary after.
It also means not putting a focus on one and leaving the other mostly in the dust (RIP Lunala)

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 松澤くれは (Kureha Matsuzawa)
Storyboard 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Episode Director 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Animation Director 岡昭彦 (Akihiko Oka)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 新岡浩美 (Hiromi Niioka)
And another new writer joins the series. In fact Kureha is also the script coordinator as well.

Finally we will find out what is up with the random shiny Rayquaza... But why should we care about the Gen 3 legendary in a series that should be promoting Koraidon and Miraidon? What was the point of their cameo in the TR specials if they won't be relevant in the new anime?
I still say the choice of shiny Rayquaza is way better than shiny Mew/shiny Mewtwo.

For the hundredth time, those shorts were for the sole purpose of advertising the release of SV. If you were expecting them to connect to Horizons in any fashion, you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's not exactly a focus only on Roy like there was a focus only on Liko. You can still feel that Liko is a little more important.

Considering the title is The Ancient PokeBall which is only associated with Roy, I feel like it'll ultimately wind up being overall Roy focused, which would be good since he should have his time to shine for now.

My thoughts about this episode: Explorers will have another objective for getting the Ancient Pokemon and the Pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom