• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ006: The Ancient Monster Ball

I was extremely surprised in this episode that Amethio was replaced already by a different enemy. I definitely thought that he would last as the one going after Liko for at least a fifth of the series. It seems way too early for him to have a redemption arc of some sorts. It would definitely make sense if they did it at the end or within the middle of the series. When an evil character gets replaced or their boss gets angry at them, they see the wrong in their boss’s ways and begin to turn. That usually doesn’t happen early on. Though, unusualness could work in Pokémon’s favor?

I was extremely surprised in this episode that Amethio was replaced already by a different enemy. I definitely thought that he would last as the one going after Liko for at least a fifth of the series. It seems way too early for him to have a redemption arc of some sorts. It would definitely make sense if they did it at the end or within the middle of the series. When an evil character gets replaced or their boss gets angry at them, they see the wrong in their boss’s ways and begin to turn. That usually doesn’t happen early on. Though, unusualness could work in Pokémon’s favor?

At the end, i got the feeling the thing the boss really wants is that Shiny Rayquaza and that going after Liko might be a test for Amethio, while the other members will chase Roy from now on.

It was firmly established that the pendant and ancient Poke Ball are connected. They have every reason to target both kids now.

not exactly. The pendant is part of Liko, the pokeball (which is empty now) won't help them. They don't need Roy as much as they need to kidnap Liko who is part of the pendant. The pendant is much more important and it cannot be activated without Liko. Apart from that, Roy's story with the pokeball (whose grandfather just found the pokeball and gave it to him) only shows that there is really no connection between Roy and the pokeball and Rayquaza, Rayquaza was even interested in Liko and not Roy. In any case, the main target of the bad guys is the pendant which cannot be operated without Liko.

They'll surely need Roy's Pokeball too if they want to capture Rayquaza since it doesn't seem like a regular pokeball.

They'll surely need Roy's Pokeball too if they want to capture Rayquaza since it doesn't seem like a regular pokeball.

It didn't go into the pokeball even though Roy called it back. Besides, only Amethio is looking for Rayquaza now, the other bad guys want the pendant.

I got the impression from that scene that it's less about Amethio stepping out of the spotlight and getting a redemption arc and more about there being some rivalry among the various Explorer admins (if that is what they are, I'm just using that term for the sake of discussion). Essentially we could see in fighting for recognition among the villainous organization.

Does shiny Rayquaza counts as Roy´s pokemon , since Roy own its pokeball? Pokemon that dont obey their trainers still count as their pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom