• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ007: Special Training! Captain Pikachu

The Rising Volt Tacklers have an app, Roy has mastered the team hand sign, Gurumin isn't Ludlow (It was never a particularly plausible theory but it would have been amusing) or related to him but instead Murdock's niece/the team's tech expert Dot (who seems rather shy, delivering messages via duck instead of opening the door), and it turns out Sprigatio and Fuecoco know other moves the entire time and never bothered using them until now (except for Sprigatito using Scratch on Liko when they met). On top of that, losing to Captain Pikachu was enough for Liko and Roy to learn to battle properly and Sprigatito to learn Quick Attack.

You know, a thought that just occurred to me but, it would be great if at some point they have Dot and Penny meet. Both are characters who are are skilled with computers, who act behind other identities and live in a reclusive style. They’d actually have quite a bit in common.

The theory spawned because people were looking for an explanation for his presence. He's just kinda there and doesn't really hang around Friede, Orla, Murdock, and Mollie. Plus, Quaxly seems to hang with him often. The speculation from certain credible leakers like GryphonCool and pokeanimenews also fuled it.
It was always a pretty unlikely theory for me, since Ludlow and Nidothing have different voice actors.

The same character in anime don't tend to have two voice actors, even when the characters suffer big transformations.

It was always a pretty unlikely theory for me, since Ludlow and Nidothing have different voice actors.

The same character in anime don't tend to have two voice actors, even when the characters suffer big transformations.
They can when it comes to a character hiding their true identity. For example, Obito from Naruto had a different voice actor when he was posing as Madara compared to when his actual identity was revealed. Not saying theory really had much water but it does happen.

Liko and Roy are much worse at battling than Ash was when he was a begginer. I think that all other begginer trainers didnt only spam moves until their pokemon were out of PP like they did. But its a good thing that they actually asked to be trained. The level think seens to be taken more seriously in this series. An experienced pikachu wont lose to a lv 5 sprigatito.

So, Nidothing is actually Dot. Maybe she will be the anime version of penny.

Liko and Roy are much worse at battling than Ash was when he was a begginer. I think that all other begginer trainers didnt only spam moves until their pokemon were out of PP like they did. But its a good thing that they actually asked to be trained. The level think seens to be taken more seriously in this series. An experienced pikachu wont lose to a lv 5 sprigatito.

Are Liko and Roy much worse at battling than Ash or is Amethio more competent than the TRio.

Are Liko and Roy much worse at battling than Ash or is Amethio more competent than the TRio.
like i said, Ash didnt keep spaming the same move again and again and missing the oponent. Yes, Amenthio is more competent than the TRio, liko and Roy dont stand a chance against him, even when its 2 x1 . This is also a striking difference betwen liko, Roy and Amenthio and Ash , Misty and the TRio. Ash wanted to win his first battle using only 1 pokemon , even when he was battling 2 people at the same time, using 2 pokemon. This time, it was Amenthio that was using only 1 pokemon against 2 people using 2 pokemon.

Does Rayquaza in the Paldea map only indicate its location or will it play a much more important role?

It makes sense in a way. Ash's goal was to compete at the Indigo League, a very battle oriented goal. Even though he was inexperienced, he knew better about the battles when he set off. He was even watching a league battle the day before he got his Pikachu. Liko and Roy, in the other hand, don't have any long-term goal that they were fixated on before their debut that specifically focuses on battling aspect of traveling.

It makes sense in a way. Ash's goal was to compete at the Indigo League, a very battle oriented goal. Even though he was inexperienced, he knew better about the battles when he set off. He was even watching a league battle the day before he got his Pikachu. Liko and Roy, in the other hand, don't have any long-term goal that they were fixated on before their debut that specifically focuses on battling aspect of traveling.
We have seen Liko going to a trainer school. I wonder what they taught there, but Liko is not only worse than Ash, she is worse than most trainers we have seen starting their journeys. I think the only one that was worse than Liko was May. May only wanted to travel around and didnt know anything about battles. Both Dawn and Serena were better than Liko at battling when they started their journeys.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom