• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ008: The Secret of the Unopened Door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Not entirely sure where CuteSylveon42 got this title from but they posted in on Bulbapedia so am using it as my source

Set to air May 26

Last edited:
This title is the most mysterious of the bunch. I wonder what the unopening door is?

Only thing off the top of my head is the entrance to Area Zero but they don't get to Paldea until the following episode, so that wouldn't make any sense. Maybe there is just an unopening door on the Brave Asagi for some reason? Don't know why that would be the case or why they wouldn't already know about it and what's in it, though.

This title is the most mysterious of the bunch. I wonder what the unopening door is?

Only thing off the top of my head is the entrance to Area Zero but they don't get to Paldea until the following episode, so that wouldn't make any sense. Maybe there is just an unopening door on the Brave Asagi for some reason? Don't know why that would be the case or why they wouldn't already know about it and what's in it, though.
Well, the core RVR's would know, not Liko and Roy. As for what could be inside? I'll throw in an obligatory "Nidothing has been with them the whole time" theory.

I'll throw in an obligatory "Nidothing has been with them the whole time" theory.
It's not even a theory - it was explicitly shown that they're on the airship when they got thrown around during the storm

What's more impressive is that they've been on the ship for at least a week and haven't run into them

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 永川成基 (Naruki Nagakawa)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 岩田義彦 (Yoshihiko Iwata)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)
Animation Director 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai)

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The Rising Volt Tacklers' airship is very low on provisions, potentially as a result of someone snitching food. Reluctantly, the crew splits up to go buy foodstuffs while Liko watches the ship. After swiftly finishing her laundry and cleaning assignments, she decides to sneak a peek at what Roy called "a very special secret".

I wish it would have been Liko and Roy watching the ship together, but it's fine to have more focus on just Liko since Roy just got his big focus episodes. Since Roy is the one who had the secret tho, hopefully it means he'll have some level of importance here.

At long last...THE LUDLOW-NIDOTHING REVEAL! ;)
(the doctor gave him some REALLY great pills, and he took VERY good care of his voice.)

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The Rising Volt Tacklers' airship is very low on provisions, potentially as a result of someone snitching food...?! Reluctantly, the crew splits up to go buy foodstuffs while Liko watches the ship. After swiftly finishing her laundry and cleaning assignments, she decides to sneak a peek at what Roy called "a very special secret"...!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Shun Horie: Amethyo
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Yoshino Aoyama: Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu

Mystery Kid is named "Dot". Only time will tell if that's short for something/a nickname. ...wait. Dot. NiDOThing. Assuming it's no coincidence, that's clever foreshadowing.
So an intentional pun by the English translators? As I said before, Nidothing is so far the only Horizons character, besides the Pokemon obviously, who have had a complete name change due to the Japanese name, Gurumin, being a pun on costumed characters that would be lost in translation.

I wish it would have been Liko and Roy watching the ship together, but it's fine to have more focus on just Liko since Roy just got his big focus episodes. Since Roy is the one who had the secret tho, hopefully it means he'll have some level of importance here.

Roy got his arc. The series focuses more on Liko, she is the main MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom