• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ008: The Secret of the Unopened Door

Given Liko's attempts to befriend Dot, part of me wonders if she might join Liko and Roy on their adventures
Yeah, this feels like a Chloe situation here. Girl who's introduced very early on and is initially reluctant to go on adventures eventually gets pulled into the main duo's shenanigans to form a trio. Considering that she's around the same age as Liko and Roy, and she's Quaxly's trainer, I think it's very likely that's what will happen. Hopefully her character development will be better than what ended up happening with Chloe, though.

Yeah, this feels like a Chloe situation here. Girl who's introduced very early on and is initially reluctant to go on adventures eventually gets pulled into the main duo's shenanigans to form a trio. Considering that she's around the same age as Liko and Roy, and she's Quaxly's trainer, I think it's very likely that's what will happen. Hopefully her character development will be better than what ended up happening with Chloe, though.
At least they haven't given Dot a Eevee like they did Chloe, really hope they do more with Dot

Agreed. I’m hoping that the writers have actually learned this time around.
At least they haven't given Dot a Eevee like they did Chloe, really hope they do more with Dot
With Penny possibly appearing at some point, they have Eevee and it’s evolutions covered (honestly makes it a shame that Koharu didn’t occur 1 Gen later).

Given Liko's attempts to befriend Dot, part of me wonders if she might join Liko and Roy on their adventures
At the moment, I don't think that will happen. Dot is a hikikomori, so for me it is very doubtful that she will join Liko and Roy.

Although, looking at the fact that she did strike up a conversation with them (albeit reluctantly), maybe she would actually come out of this state and take part in some adventures.

Agreed. I’m hoping that the writers have actually learned this time around.
You're assuming the old writers have stuck around for Horizons. That isn't the case, at least so far. Dai Sato and his team are entirely new to Pokemon with the exception of Kureha Matsuzawa, who wrote the Poketoon Blossom's Dream.

Last edited:
So theory time. Dot is the leader of the explorers. First of all she has heavy Penny vibes, almost like she's replacing her in the anime and she was the leader of team star. Plus she has way to much pokemon battle knowledge not to already be an expert in battle herself. But the last big piece of evidence, the Info she was interested in...certainly sounded alot like the stuff Amethios boss is after, Likos pendent and Roy's pokeball. In the episode where Amethio was kicked off the mission and his boss was there, except not in person just like how Dot is always in her room.

If Dots not the leader of the explorers she atleast has some relationship to the person who is considering her interest in the things that they are also looking for.
There is something that bothered me that could be explained by Dot having some connection to the Explorers: how they knew to go to Paldea for Rayquaza, something that only Amethio was interested in, as far as we can tell currently.

There is something that bothered me that could be explained by Dot having some connection to the Explorers: how they knew to go to Paldea for Rayquaza, something that only Amethio was interested in, as far as we can tell currently.
Assuming my "Dot has psychic abilities" theory doesn't come true, that's easily explainable. Either, a) she tracked its energy signatures or b) someone in Paldea spotted it and she read about it online.

I feel like some people are looking too deeply into Dot.

She is just a girl with antisocial tendencies who finds her escape online and her arc will probably be about opening herself up to other people (in this case, the other Rising Volt Tacklers).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom