• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ009: Arrival in Paldea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Not entirely sure where CuteSylveon42 got this title from but they posted in on Bulbapedia so am using it as my source

Set to air June 2

Last edited:
So this is where the regional adventures begin for Riko and Roy and it all kicks off in the new region Paldea.

Please please please please PLEEEASSE for the love of God, do not let this be another Galar situation where the region gets shafted. Give the folks at Paldea the most love as possible.

Heck have them appear more often as well.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 佐藤大 (Dai Sato)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Wow, they're getting to Paldea way sooner than I imagined. I thought for sure there would be some region hopping before actually getting to Paldea, but I guess Roy's Island was closer to Paldea than I assumed. That, or they're gonna somehow skip past days of traveling just to get there. Either way, doesn't really matter. I'm excited to see Paldea.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The Rising Volt Tacklers arrive in the Paldea region where Liko's home is, where Liko, Friede and Roy are received by Liko's father Alex. Liko tries to relax now that she's back home for the first time in a while, but is surprised to learn that Alex wants her to keep staying there. Liko's adventure had just started; Is this where it's going to end?

So can we finally take the theory of Liko being Ash’s daughter out back and Old Yeller it or will the internet find some new way to continue its denial?
The only route left those people could take is that she is adopted by her current parents. And I hate that I could see some of them going with it.

So can we finally take the theory of Liko being Ash’s daughter out back and Old Yeller it or will the internet find some new way to continue its denial?
The Internet will definitely keep trying to find ways to justify that theory. Barring Ash and Pikachu showing up, I'm not sure what could make some fans give up on the theory completely.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

The Rising Volt Tacklers arrive in the Paldea region where Liko's home is, where Liko, Friede and Roy are received by Liko's father Alex. Liko tries to relax now that she's back home for the first time in a while, but is surprised to learn that Alex wants her to keep staying there. Liko's adventure had just started; Is this where it's going to end?
Ash is not Liko's father. But it doesn't matter, she is still missing her mother when she appears whose name is where her or only Alex was alone when Liko visits her house as a mystery.

Mmm how interesting.

Last edited:
Ash is not Liko's father. But it doesn't matter, she is still missing her mother when she appears whose name is where her or only Alex was alone when Liko visits her house as a mystery.

Mmm how interesting.
Something is hiding, if Ash is not Liko's father it doesn't matter, Liko is missing his mother when she appears whose name is where or just Alex was home alone when Liko visits his house as a mystery.

The Internet will definitely keep trying to find ways to justify that theory. Barring Ash and Pikachu showing up, I'm not sure what could make some fans give up on the theory completely.
The parents don't have to be dead for their son/daughter to be adopted by someone. I speak from experience. I know someone who was adopted even though the biological parents are still alive.

Wow, they're getting to Paldea way sooner than I imagined. I thought for sure there would be some region hopping before actually getting to Paldea, but I guess Roy's Island was closer to Paldea than I assumed. That, or they're gonna somehow skip past days of traveling just to get there. Either way, doesn't really matter. I'm excited to see Paldea.
Heck, Horizons has already shown Paldea more love that Journeys EVER gave poor Galar. o_O

I just KNOW some fools will turn that one time Ash was called "Alex" in the dub... :cautious:

The parents don't have to be dead for their son/daughter to be adopted by someone. I speak from experience. I know someone who was adopted even though the biological parents are still alive.
I think that's missing the point. The only way people can still try to make the whole Liko is Ash's daughter theory work is by making huge stretches. Yes, kids can be adopted even when their biological parents are still alive. This is not uncommon. However, in order for that to apply to this theory, that would mean that Ash and/or his partner are deemed too dangerous or irresponsible to take care of their child, something that would not make any sense with both Ash's personality or the more light hearted tone of the anime and franchise as a whole in mind. I don't think that they're going to introduce something like child care services within the anime's universe, so using something like that to explain that Liko could be adopted while still being Ash's daughter would be pretty nonsensical.

I think that's missing the point. The only way people can still try to make the whole Liko is Ash's daughter theory work is by making huge stretches. Yes, kids can be adopted even when their biological parents are still alive. This is not uncommon. However, in order for that to apply to this theory, that would mean that Ash and/or his partner are deemed too dangerous or irresponsible to take care of their child, something that would not make any sense with both Ash's personality or the more light hearted tone of the anime and franchise as a whole in mind. I don't think that they're going to introduce something like child care services within the anime's universe, so using something like that to explain that Liko could be adopted while still being Ash's daughter would be pretty nonsensical.
The parents don't need to be dangerous or irresponsible. They could just willingly give up their kid because they just don't have the ability and/or money to care for them. I do get what you mean, though.

The parents don't need to be dangerous or irresponsible. They could just willingly give up their kid because they just don't have the ability and/or money to care for them. I do get what you mean, though.
That still wouldn't paint Ash or his partner in the best light, which is something I don't think that the writers would be willing to do even if they do decide to age Ash up. The backlash from that decision alone would be pretty bad. Liko isn't adopted and any attempts to still ling onto the theory would feel like grasping at straws at best.

I just KNOW some fools will turn that one time Ash was called "Alex" in the dub... :cautious:
He‘s called Sasha in France is a Slavic derivative of Alexander. Let the mental gymnastics tournament begin!

That still wouldn't paint Ash or his partner in the best light, which is something I don't think that the writers would be willing to do even if they do decide to age Ash up. The backlash from that decision alone would be pretty bad. Liko isn't adopted and any attempts to still ling onto the theory would feel like grasping at straws at best.
There’s also the slap in the face to Alex and Liko’s mother if Liko ends up being Ash’s child (pipe dream and hopium for Amourshippers, I know). Heirlooms are passed within families and I find it particularly a slap in the face to all adopted parents and guardians for a child to literally give up being acknowledged and part of a family to be with the famous Ash Ketchum and whatever shipping bait he ends up with. I frankly find that sending the wrong message directly or indirectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom