• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ009: Arrival in Paldea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said
I think that's missing the point. The only way people can still try to make the whole Liko is Ash's daughter theory work is by making huge stretches. Yes, kids can be adopted even when their biological parents are still alive. This is not uncommon. However, in order for that to apply to this theory, that would mean that Ash and/or his partner are deemed too dangerous or irresponsible to take care of their child, something that would not make any sense with both Ash's personality or the more light hearted tone of the anime and franchise as a whole in mind. I don't think that they're going to introduce something like child care services within the anime's universe, so using something like that to explain that Liko could be adopted while still being Ash's daughter would be pretty nonsensical.
:
That still wouldn't paint Ash or his partner in the best light, which is something I don't think that the writers would be willing to do even if they do decide to age Ash up. The backlash from that decision alone would be pretty bad. Liko isn't adopted and any attempts to still ling onto the theory would feel like grasping at straws at best.

Something is hiding, Liko is missing his mother when she appears whose name is where or just Alex was home alone when Liko visits his house.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

The Rising Volt Tacklers arrive in the Paldea region where Liko's home is. Liko heads for her home together with Friede and Roy, where they are received by her father Alex. Liko tries to relax now that she's back home for the first time in a while, but is surprised to learn that Alex wants her to keep staying there. Liko's adventure had just started; Is this where it's going to end...?!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Shun Horie: Amethyo
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Yoshino Aoyama: Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu

At last we're touching down to Paldea next week. Great to see some more mons debuting like Lechonk and Fidough.

And who knows what else? ;)

At this rate Horizons will have given us more Paldean debuts in 10 episodes than Journeys did Galarean ones in, what? 15, 20? o_O
We have seen all 3 Starter Pokemon, Finizen, Pawmi, Lechonk, Fidough, Ceruledge, and the DLC Legendary in 9 episodes. It took Journeys about 13 episodes to show this many. The Starters are a bit more of a huge deal though cause we got all 3 in the first 2 episodes while it took Journeys 60 or so to see all of them.

Ash being Liko father theory got destroy completely after this episode aired. But theory of Liko Mom speculation of Dawn and Serena is going to be intensifying.
The mental gymnastics the delusional diehards are going through to justify it are an absolute treat to watch though :lapras:

Liko's house looks like it's based on the PC's house, only slightly modified. It also looks way bigger? Is Liko loaded? I guess that makes sense considering the RVTs are hired bodyguards.
Part of me feels her family are relatively rich, they sent their daughter to boarding school in Kanto and hired Friede and his team to protect Liko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom