• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ010: With Nemo and Colza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Clavell be director of both schools, but have him move back and forth really quickly. It will just be like the Olsen Twins.

This message was brought to you by Last Week Tonight.

Just change how the Time Machine works. Problem solved.
Though they simply can't do that. They can't include both sets of Paradox Pokémon without them being forced to adapt the Area Zero plot twice. They just can't coexist with each other.

Though they simply can't do that. They can't include both sets of Paradox Pokémon without them being forced to adapt the Area Zero plot twice. They just can't coexist with each other.
None of what you wrote refutes what I wrote. Just changing how the Time Machine works will solve this problem too

Why can't they include both sets of Paradox Pokemon? They don't have to adapt the Area Zero storyline twice just to justify both Past and Future Paradox Pokemon existing at the same time. They can easily have both Professor Sada and Professor Turo fighting over the time machine to explain why both set of Paradox Pokemon are running around together. Or they can change how the time machine works in general if they only want to feature one Professor. This wouldn't exactly be hard to do and it wouldn't make sense to only show the Past Paradox Pokemon just because of following Scarlet. We've seen version exclusive Pokemon in the anime plenty of time, including special kind of Pokemon like Ultra Beasts.

Given how the anime has never been concerned with being a faithful adaptation of the games and we don't even know how much they'll cover in this case given that Horizons is another world tour series, claiming that they can't do something like make changes to include both sets of Paradox Pokemon is so weird to me. The anime has always been a loose adaptation of the games' storylines, so I don't think that they'll be against making changes here, especially when all of their adaptations of the main series' storylines have had significant changes.

I think you're all jumping too far ahead with speculating time machines and Sada/Turo when Nemona's outfit could pretty much be based on not so deep reasons such as:

Nemona's main pre-release artwork has the Naranja uniform, which is likely why it was adapted to the anime like that.

Meanwhile Arven's official artwork is the purple uniform, so I wouldn't be surprised if/when he appears he'd be wearing purple.

If Horizons adapts Paradox, they'll have to adapt both which opens up possibilities for both professors and both academies to appear.

Paldea's academy may not even be mentioned yet for all we know.

Apologies for being a little late but as there've been a few instances of similar behavior lately, we just wanted to ask people not directly target people in their posts. You're welcome to share your opinions on the preview be it positive or negative but jabs such as 'I know user X is stubborn' or 'this one user keeps making baseless claims' are unnecessary and add nothing of value to a thread, other than potentially baiting other users into further derailing the topic. Please do keep your responses on-topic and respectful. Thanks a bunch!

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Liko's father Alex has Liko and Roy visit Colza, the Gym Leader of Bowl Town. When they arrive in Bowl Town, the two of them meet the Champion Rank Trainer Nemo who accompanies them to Colza, but it turns out his Gym is closed...?! What has happened to him...?!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Yoshino Aoyama: Dot/Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Shun Horie: Amethyo
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Liko's father Alex has Liko and Roy visit Colza, the Gym Leader of Bowl Town. When they arrive in Bowl Town, the two of them meet the Champion Rank Trainer Nemo who accompanies them to Colza, but it turns out his Gym is closed...?! What has happened to him...?!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Yoshino Aoyama: Dot/Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Shun Horie: Amethyo
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu
Sorry, can't tell like last years and hopefully more next episodes will show up when they announce early in some days.

Amethio and his grunts are appearing in this episode, it seems.

I wonder when Spinel will make his first move for the pendant, given it is his mission now.

I wonder when Spinel will make his first move for the pendant, given it is his mission now.
The Partial VA list is always the same. The explorers were also listed in the last few episodes partial VA lists despite not being there.

The Partial VA list is always the same. The explorers were also listed in the last few episodes partial VA lists despite not being there.
Yeah, I remember JN137's partial VA list had Misty and Brock credited, neither of whom actually appeared

FxnFOAzakAI9HwY.png
FxnFYYsaUAAc-Lh.png

They're finally here next week!

Brassius is even creepier than he looks in the games, they're going for that memetic molester trope, aren't they?

All I can say is Roy and Liko will get their first loss in this episode next week. If win, then it miracle.

Information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

New information has been revealed about the popular anime Pocket Monsters (airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm, officially abbreviated "Anipoke"). Episode 10, airing June 9th, will feature the debuts of the Paldea region Pokémon League Champion Nemo and Bowl Town Gym Leader Colza, with Eri Kitamura playing Nemo and Kazuya Nakai playing Colza.

A comment from Eri Kitamura, the voice of Nemo:
It was both fun and educational for me to bounce ideas off the anime staff as we fine-tuned Nemo's characterization based on both my personal interpretation of Nemo's characterization from when I played the Pocket Monsters Scarlet/Violet video game and the characterization they wanted to do.
The Pokémon battle fanatic Nemo you know from the video games is super intense in the anime as well! Everything she did was so filled with energy I was dripping with sweat while playing her!! I've played several Pocket Monsters characters before in both the anime and video games, and I'm extremely honored I once again get to play such a wonderful character! I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of expressions we'll get from Nemo in the anime myself, so please look forward to this episode!

A comment from Kazuya Nakai, the voice of Colza:
I was initially really worried about this role because Colza is a character that attracted so much attention from everyone that played the game, but when I first started playing him I had so much fun my worries were instantly blown away. Colza seems very gloomy and hard to please at first, but it's no surprise that the children that live nearby love him dearly. He's very picky, but also extremely open minded and tries to see the best in others. I just love his constantly swinging emotional state, he's such a good person. I myself am also really looking forward to seeing what Liko and Roy will get out of their encounter with him and what he'll get our of his encounter with them.

As I suspected in the previous episode: "Arrival in Paldea!", Alex is alone in his house without his wife and the Rapidash painting that belongs to him also looks a lot like Ash's memories long ago.

In other more following episodes we have to find out who Liko's mother is.

Last edited:
Liko and Roy don't stand much of a chance against Brassius, well Roy stands a better chance as Fuecoco has the type advantage.

If Nemona is the one battling, hopefully it will inspire Liko and Roy to battle more and catch more Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom