• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ011: Oliva's Forest

What a let down episode of the first part for Roy being stupid to catch pseudo Titan like pokemon. Only end up trouble for everyone. Funny part about is Mollie patching up for Wooper.

While both Liko and Roy fend off the angry giant Arboliva. Nevertheless to see Liko's Sprigatito about to save Roy's Fuecoco before get crushed. Proves, she starting to get through in tight situation. On to next episode to see how they recover the forest being burned out.

Overall rating: B-

Decent episode. Would have preferred it with only Liko and Roy and no Mollie, but...whatever. Roy showing off his climbing and agility after being flung from Arboliva was nice to see. I hope we get to see more of his active personality when they're out in nature. That's one of my favorite elements of his character. It was nice seeing Liko give Roy advise during the battle. Their dynamics when it comes to working together are always nice. It was also nice seeing the best character Quaxly once again, but it seriously needs more screentime. I'm interested in seeing how this whole plot wraps up next time. 7/10.

I'm actually early for a change!

We get a lot of information about Mollie this episode. They practically confirm the "Mollie is a Nurse Joy" theories. Mollie says she comes from a long line of Pokemon Doctors and that she used to work in a Pokemon Center. However, she left because there are injured Pokemon in the world that don't get brought to Pokemon Centers that need to be treated. I'm looking forward to learning more about all of the Rising Volt Tacklers and hope they all get time to shine throughout the show.

I was surprised by the second Ancient Pokeball on Arboliva. I had a feeling we would find at least one eventually, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

Liko somehow landed at the conclusion that Dot is a Gurumin superfan because she has a Quaxly and a Gurumin costume, and that Dot didn't want to befriend a "casual" Gurumin enjoyer. We also learn that her mom is a teacher.

Nemona leaves early into the episode but says that next time she and Roy meet, she would like to battle him. I wonder when we will see her again (potentially for when they get around to actually doing something resembling the SV storyline).

Not much else to say, but a good episode!

Last edited:
This feels like a very Ash-esque conclusion, to be honest. To me, anyway.

That's exactly what I was about to say! It reminded me of that Sabrina episode where he tells the guy that is obviously her dad "that means you...must be a photographer"

You know, with the reveal about Mollie, it will be such a missed opportunity if she doesn’t meet Brock at some point down the line especially since he lines right up with her philosophy essentially being a traveling Pokémon Doctor.

Dot's secret is safe despite her own willingness to confess. Nemo continues to prove helpful and only moderately into battling compared to her game counterpart (I kinda wanted to see the girl who is so obsessed with battle she desperately wants to battle even immediately after battling but a saner version of the same character works too). The forest is rather low on intact trees at the moment due to a wildfire, and entirely lacking in shiny Rayquazas (presumably just because Rayquaza wandered off). Mollie is almost certainly a wild Joi and apparently knows what to do with a dried-out Paldean Whooper (Liko still has much to learn in that area despite a valiant effort on her part). Liko and Roy defeated and, along with Mollie, befriended a giant Arboliva (so far no explanation for why it's so big) that has an ancient Pokéball (just how many non-wooden pokéballs were there in the ancient past? I assume we're going to find out).

Interesting episode.

Mollie being the travel companion of the day was interesting to see as well, since she taught Liko about Oran Berries and what they do, so maybe she goes with them on more occasions to teach them about the berries and their usage.
The injured Wooper was hard to see, but it required Liko and Roy to work together as a team to keep the giant Arboliva busy.
Did Orla imply something is going on between Friede and Mollie.

It feels like Liko isn't allowed to do anything without adult supervision lol. I miss the old anime from the OS-XY era when they traveled in a group of 3-4.

Not sure how to feel about Dot. What does she add to the story? Is she just a replacement for Penny but without the plot?

Mollie's goal also seems to retcon the Rangers. Maybe Liko won't become a ranger then, the episode title made me think they were hinting at that.

It feels like Liko isn't allowed to do anything without adult supervision lol. I miss the old anime from the OS-XY era when they traveled in a group of 3-4.

Not sure how to feel about Dot. What does she add to the story? Is she just a replacement for Penny but without the plot?

Mollie's goal also seems to retcon the Rangers. Maybe Liko won't become a ranger then, the episode title made me think they were hinting at that.
Honestly, I think that’s for the best. Rangers have always been a class that was separate from trainers in which they might have a partner Pokémon but they aren’t trainers, really only borrowing wild Pokémon to help them out. Putting Liko on that path would only end up limiting any potential team development with her in favor of a mass of one-shot Pokemon.

Besides, Ash and co helped Pokémon for years and never needed to be Pokémon Rangers so there was never any need for Liko to become one to do the same.

I think this arboliva was a Titan. Its paldea, so dinamax and totem arent a option. We might see a titan arboliva on the DLC.

People are saying that Liko had an Ash like conclusion when she said that Dot is a gurumin superfan, but to find a Gurumin fan that has a Quaxly and a gurumin costume is actually more likely than finding the actual Gurumin. Thats because there is only one Gurumin, and many Gurumin fans. Gurumin is popular enough to Liko casually find Gurumin fans on the streets. Some of these fans will likely have Gurumin costumes, and Quaxly is a starter pokemon in Paldea, so any kid can have a Quaxly. Just enter Naranja academy and chose one. If it was already chosen, wait for the next one to arrive. I dont know yet if there is an UVA academy in this anime, or maybe they will treat Scarlet as canon. But I hope there is an UVA academy in the anime. I wonder why Liko didnt go to a academy in Paldea. Maybe her mother is a teacher in both Naranja and Uva academy.

I wasn’t expecting Arboliva to be a member of the Ancient Trainer team and it was good that Liko & Roy teamed up to try and defeat it. Looking forward to see which other pokemon were a part of the Ancient Adventurer. It was also nice to see Mollie tag along and reveal that she prefers to be a doctor on the run.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom