• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ012: The Future I Choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Rayquaza caused the fire or is there another threat in Paldea.

Also, loving the non-episodic structure so far.

Arboliva is probably Terastilazing.

I also have the feeling this episode leads towards a primary sidegoal for both Roy and Liko. I think Liko wants to become a Pokemon Ranger and Roy is gonna do the gym challenge.
I'd be happily surprised if they remember Pokemon Rangers exist. I wouldn't be against that happening since those were fun spin-off games and it would help to further distinct Liko from Ash, but given how long it's been since the last Pokemon Ranger game came out, I'd be pretty surprised if they went in that direction. Roy doing the Gym challenge would make more sense than Liko doing them, but I'm still not entirely sure that they'll use Roy for Gyms, if only because he seems less prominent in the marketing for Horizons than Liko.

Why do you think so?
The Gym Challenge doesn't get Roy any closer to battling the black Rayquaza.

Actually, it does, since him doing gyms means his Pokemon will get battle experience and getting stronger.

Oh wait.... Roy should just chuck a ball at Rayquaza. It worked for Goh, so i don't see why it wouldn't for Roy either.

I'd be happily surprised if they remember Pokemon Rangers exist. I wouldn't be against that happening since those were fun spin-off games and it would help to further distinct Liko from Ash, but given how long it's been since the last Pokemon Ranger game came out, I'd be pretty surprised if they went in that direction. Roy doing the Gym challenge would make more sense than Liko doing them, but I'm still not entirely sure that they'll use Roy for Gyms, if only because he seems less prominent in the marketing for Horizons than Liko.
I personally can’t really see Roy doing the gyms since the blurb they used to describe him was wanting to challenge the Pokémon of Legends. As such, I could see him doing the path of legends rather than gyms.

Why do you think so?
The Gym Challenge doesn't get Roy any closer to battling the black Rayquaza.
Because doing the Gyms would make his Pokemon stronger so that they can potentially defeat the Shiny Rayquaza. Plus, I don't see Liko being more interested in traditional battling enough to where she'd want to take on Gyms.

I personally can’t really see Roy doing the gyms since the blurb they used to describe him was wanting to challenge the Pokémon of Legends. As such, I could see him doing the path of legends rather than gyms.
I'm not sure if I could see Roy doing the Path of Legends storyline. Even with traveling between different regions, stretching out five Titan battles over the course of one series seems like it would be difficult. It just feels like there would need to be a lot of padding between each match to make it work. Despite the name, the Path of Legends storyline doesn't really involve battling against Legendary Pokemon, so I don't think that would fit with Roy's desire to challenge Shiny Rayquaza. There's no sign of Arven yet and while he could appear later, there would be no point in adapting that storyline without him or tacking him on at the last minute.

Glad to see mot just a 2-parter around Arboliva, but that just in general, the show continues to be more serialized with Liko's pendant, black Rayquaza, Brassius joining us for a bit and now possibly seeing what Liko wants to do now. Very much looking forward to this!

They could always make anime-exclusive Titans.
That would be an interesting possibility, but given that they have been trying to be more faithful to the games in some regards, I'd be really surprised if they made anime exclusive Titans. We've had anime exclusive Gyms, but they didn't have Ash do them alongside the actual Gyms from the games. They were mainly there to explain where other characters could get eight badges instead of everyone having the same set of Gym badges.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 松澤くれは (Kureha Matsuzawa)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

Interesting. I didn't expect a two-parter from the previous episode. I wonder if this means this event will have some big plot importance, considered they chose to stretch it across two episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom