• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ012: The Future I Choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Liko and Roy are hard at work trying to bring the forest back to life for the sake of the Pokémon that lost their homes in the wildfire. And then something strange happened to the Oliva that saw them doing this as well...?!

The non-episodic structure is nice and all but it seems to be coming at the cost of things going from being too rushed in Journeys to too slow to the point that these episodes are better when binged vs tuning in each week.
Slow pace is really nice.

The series last about 3 years each (Horizons will be minus 4 months but it's nothing), and we end up getting loads of fillers. Not that fillers are necessarily bad, but occasionally it comes to the point of writing the past filler episodes again and copy-paste the most part of it. So we have no rush. Give the characters the chance to stand out on their own; and we don't need to solve each and every issue in 20 minutes at once each time. I like how things go smoothly this time around.

Slow pace is really nice.

The series last about 3 years each (Horizons will be minus 4 months but it's nothing), and we end up getting loads of fillers. Not that fillers are necessarily bad, but occasionally it comes to the point of writing the past filler episodes again and copy-paste the most part of it. So we have no rush. Give the characters the chance to stand out on their own; and we don't need to solve each and every issue in 20 minutes at once each time. I like how things go smoothly this time around.
Problem for me is that when it comes to a decompressed style, it’s not really saying anything more, it’s just taking longer to say something that doesn’t require that degree of time. While they have around 3 years for a series, time should be used effectively as to not fall into the same trappings where they spent so long on slow buildup that they have to rush things later. With how things are now, it feels more like it’s made more for binging rather than watching from week to week given how it seems to take forever for anything to actually happen.

Set to air June 23

No further information available at present

Who needs Ash and Pikachu for returning in Pokemon Horizons? The Twitter accounts decided on the film for the future when we saw the votes in a month of May and there is no one that worries me.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Liko and Roy once again saw the horrors of the wildfire before their eyes, leading to Liko deciding to bring the forest back to life for the sake of the wild Pokémon that used to live there. The group got help from their fellow Rising Volt Tacklers to plant Berries and till the soil... and then something strange happened to the Oliva that saw them hard at work! In addition, Liko's pendant started shining again...?!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Yoshino Aoyama: Dot/Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Shun Horie: Amethio
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu

Sounds like this is gonna be a interesting one indeed with a new face.

I didn't notice it untill this preview but, from the looks of the few closer shots we get, that ancient pokeball that they pick up is the weird thing on the Arboliva's neck.
Guess there's not only one?

I haven't caught a glimpse of all the Gen 9 Pokemon that have appeared in Horizons, but it really does seem like they are trying to show them off, almost as an apology to how little we saw Gen 8 Pokemon in Journeys.

Three sunrises. Three sunsets. Three days.

Liko and Roy once again saw the horrors of the wildfire before their eyes, leading to Liko deciding to bring the forest back to life for the sake of the wild Pokémon that used to live there. The group got help from their fellow Rising Volt Tacklers to plant Berries and till the soil... and then something strange happened to the Oliva that saw them hard at work! In addition, Liko's pendant started shining again...?!

Voice Cast:

Two days left.

Voice Cast:

Damn, it looks like the summer curse the anime has had since it moved to Fridays has arrived...I hope they at least give us some titles to know what the next arc is about.

And no recaps please because they make episode listings a mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom