• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ014: Fly! Kaiden!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Summary and Title courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Roy and Hogator go to see a peculiar Kaiden that isn't with its flock, but...

Set to air July 21st

The fact that the previous episode focuses on showing Roy with a Wattrel and now this one seems to be completely focused on them together has me crossing my fingers that Roy will catch it. We're 14 episodes in; Roy and Liko really need to start expanding their teams.

Are we seriously 2-parting another plot point? Because from the sounds of this and how the preview for episode 13 showed a Wattrel, it really seems like this is another 2-parter. They really did go for the total opposite extreme from Journeys with this series.

Every single episode pretty much flows into the next one. The Wattrell scenes from HZ013 could as well be near the end, we can't be sure.

Calling this a "two-parter" makes it sound like Wattrel is the focus of both episodes. The summary for ep 13 doesn't mention it, so it probably won't play that big of a role and will mostly focus on Liko like the summary implies.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like May and Swablu
I literally had the same thought! LOL! Better not though. That May and Swablu episode was just cruel.
Not sure how I feel about Roy potentially getting a capture before Liko. But that aside, a capture will still be nice regardless - it's been a long time since we've had a regional bird featured on the main cast.
Not since Talonflame's capture as a Fletchling, in fact. So about 10 years (!) or so.

Real shame Ash didn't get Corviknight, I feel it had potential on his team as a Steel and Flying type, with the exception of Talonflame, his regional birds were Normal/Flying

Even though I’m sure Roy’s capture might inspire Liko to capture a Pokémon, I hope something like that doesn’t become a regular occurrence. I want to see her gain her own agency over her Pokémon journey.

Calling this a "two-parter" makes it sound like Wattrel is the focus of both episodes. The summary for ep 13 doesn't mention it, so it probably won't play that big of a role and will mostly focus on Liko like the summary implies.
Even if it doesn’t play a big role in the previous episode, the fact that we see the encounter in the preview for the previous episode yet this episode is further focused on said encounter basically reveals that we haven’t really moved at all from the setting of the previous episode. While it’s fine that they’ve decided to be more plot focused, not everything should move at a decompressed pace to the point that it takes 2 or more episodes for a simple plot point to happen.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 武田無我 (Muga Takeda)
Episode Director オジング (Oh Jin Gu)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 服部奈津美 (Natsumi Hattori)
Animation Director 萩原慶汰 (Keita Hagiwara)

Jin Gu Oh. That's a Korean name. He's worked on other OLM projects (mostly Beyblade) and this is his first Pokemon-related thing as far as I can tell.

Extened summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Roy and Hogator are curious about the peculiar Kaiden they met during the picnic, so they decide to go to see it again. It seems there are certain reasons this Kaiden spends its time away from its flock... Meanwhile, Friede spots a suspicious Pokémon near the airship and starts chasing it when it tries to escape. Where will this chase take him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom