• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ014: Fly! Kaiden!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

Roy and Hogator are curious about the peculiar Kaiden they met during the picnic, so they decide to go to see it again. It seems there are certain reasons this Kaiden spends its time away from its flock...?! Meanwhile, Friede spots a suspicious Pokémon near the airship and starts chasing it when it tries to escape. Where will this chase take him..?!

Voice Cast:
Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Landau
Yoshino Aoyama: Dot/Gurumin
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Shun Horie: Amethio
Kohsuke Tanabe: Zir
Arisa Shida: Conia
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu

soooooooooooo

screenshotted these from the anipoke twitter tag, since the subbed versions actually lack these post-preview scenes.

Wattrel looks surprised when Roy gives it a berry. That's saying something.

IMG_0738.png
IMG_0737.png

I’m fine with Wattrel not being caught, regional birds tend to get a spot in the protagonists teams and I would prefer to see other kind of pokemon instead.

I’m also super glad the explorers are not a repeat of team rocket! They are far more interesting and mysterious and their organization seems to have an end goal in mind.

I’m fine with Wattrel not being caught, regional birds tend to get a spot in the protagonists teams and I would prefer to see other kind of pokemon instead.

I’m also super glad the explorers are not a repeat of team rocket! They are far more interesting and mysterious and their organization seems to have an end goal in mind.
While true, given that they are an actual credible threat, Liko is going to have to really get to level grinding to become a stronger trainer so she’s not constantly becoming a damsel needing others to fight for her due to her being a target for having the pendant while being a green trainer and that they can maintain their credibility by not being fended off by a newbie trainer.

While true, given that they are an actual credible threat, Liko is going to have to really get to level grinding to become a stronger trainer so she’s not constantly becoming a damsel needing others to fight for her due to her being a target for having the pendant while being a green trainer and that they can maintain their credibility by not being fended off by a newbie trainer.
Liko already defeated Conia once in the fifth episode without training, so there goes whatever threat the Explorers pose, and she's only going to get stronger (and has, thanks to Pikachu's training)

Liko already defeated Conia once in the fifth episode without training, so there goes whatever threat the Explorers pose, and she's only going to get stronger (and has, thanks to Pikachu's training)
The fact that it was entirely offscreen ends up creating an inconsistency as she somehow wins in that instance yet can’t even put up a fight while teaming up with Roy in the next.

Lazy writing.
Which is a problem given that just 2 episodes later they display her as having no battle skill to the point that she and Roy were just throwing moves at one another ineffectually to the point that they needed training. That doesn’t sound like someone who beat a professional from a shady organization.

Well the organization does not consist of Conia only. There’s also the possibility that she got lucky and landed a critical hit with those leaves, but I agree that she shouldn’t have defeated her at all, much less on off-screen land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom