• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ015: Someone We Can't See! Whosawhatsit?

Today's episode was pretty great. Iono was so much fun, I did worry she was gonna annoy me at first but the way she bounced off of Dot was really entertaining and speaking of Dot there's plenty of development going on that will no doubt continue with next week's episode. Already loving Spinel as a villain too, he's just so cool and calm with carefully planning things out.

Today's episode was pretty great. Iono was so much fun, I did worry she was gonna annoy me at first but the way she bounced off of Dot was really entertaining and speaking of Dot there's plenty of development going on that will no doubt continue with next week's episode. Already loving Spinel as a villain too, he's just so cool and calm with carefully planning things out.
Spinel and the other Explorers are definitely a lot better than Team Rocket I feel

Wow, Dot is tiny. Girl needs to eat real food and get proper nutrition.
Don't worry she's stronger than Liko and Roy...

She's a bit shorter than Liko and Roy but at same age, Liko and Roy height normal for their age.

Iono was the best part of the episode hands down. I loved her personality and how it was pretty much the same as it is in game. It was also nice to see Liko and Roy finally meet Dot face to face. Idk what the hell was up with Freide and his gang. Roy runs off and these adults just stand around...no one decides to go after him...wtf. And speaking of that, Roy literally ran all the way from Artazon to Levinvcia on foot. That takes a while, even while riding Koraidon. Boy got some stamina. But on that note, at the same time, what is with these kids just not using Poke Balls? Roy could have jus recalled that bird when it ran off...same with Liko when Sprgatito ran away.

Anyway, it was nice to see more of Dot interacting with a close friend. I do wish we could have seen more of Iono, but hopefully she'll reappear in the future. The only annoying thing is that this stolen pendant plot is being drawn out for so long. I'm sick of the Explorers. I just want to get to Galar. Hopefully it'll be soon. But overall, good episode thanks to the best girl. 7/10.

Last edited:
Iono was absolutely perfect! Her energy from the games was captured so perfectly. I'm so glad that she didn't get screwed over like half of Galar's Gym Leaders did. Then again, the fact that we're 15 episodes in and we've already seen 2/8 Paldean Gym Leaders is pretty big after Journey. Spinel is actually turning out to be a pretty cool villain also. Working from the shadows calmly and actually proving he's a threat last episode has made him already the best member of the Explorers. Also note, this is the first time Liko and Roy met Dot face to face. I'm really glad that we're getting to see them interact. This was a great episode for Dot and Iono's debut was perfect.

With Dot having not only come out of her room but actually left the ship entirely in order to find Liko and is shown to be an active part of the rest of this arc, I’m hoping that this is just the beginning for us seeing Dot become more active with the adventure going forward. They can’t really walk that back now that she’s fully emerged and met Liko and Roy face to face.

I keep saying this, but another good episode!

Liko goes down memory lane and reaffirms her bonds with Sprigatito and her friends/allies in the RVTs.

However, the real standouts of this episode are Dot and Iono.

Dot makes big strides in this episode. She finally steps outside the Brave Asagi and shows just how much she values her friendships, largely with Liko. I can't wait to see her in action next episode and her continued development. I hope that this is just the start to her completing the trio. Also, Quaxly will finally get his time to shine (saving the best Paldea starter for last!)

Iono makes her anime-debut and doesn't disappoint. It was fun to seem them implement her hide-and-seek minigame into the show like they did with picnics.

Spinel shows just how crafty he truly is by going the extra mile to create fake information to distract the RVTs. While he will most definitely fail in the end, I wonder if he'll be kicked off the mission like Amethio, or if we will see further schemes from him given the fact that the RVTs are already prepared for his Magneton/Beheeyem tricks. He also acknowledges the similarities the pendant has with a Tera Orb. Also, a little surprised he didn't take the Ancient Pokeball she had on her. I know his mission was to get the pendant, but still.

Again, Friede believes that he has revealed crucial information that he has actually kept secret. Hopefully he works on that because it is already causing them problems.

Anyways, looking forward to next episode!

Last edited:
What a funny and lost episode especially Liko Amnesia after memory blur by Spinel's Beheeyem in last episode and wondering in Levincia. While other gang search for her, especially Dot relaying on Lono in a game announcement to guess who with Sprigatito. Despite with no prize to give with a little interesting trait to recall from sunset to moonshine and then jump over the building. Which is something else of character development step by step recap. Either to say, it an alright episode.

Overall rating: C+
Spinel and the other Explorers are definitely a lot better than Team Rocket I feel
No...., I'll don't think that will be the case yet.

Funny how I basically predicted this plot lol. Interesting that there is a website for missing people in the Pokémon world and everyone immediately thought that Liko must have been kidnapped. It's like the Pokémon world is becoming more and more like the real world, they still have to go to school and it's not safe for a young girl to walk alone without an adult. Not sure if I like this change though (which has been gradually happening since Journeys), does the world of Pokémon really need this level of realism?

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom