• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ019: The Truth About Mawhip

Having two backstory episodes back to back did not help this one and the entire conflict/resolution felt half baked to me. Murdock and Alcremie were kind of the more boring part of the Volt Tacklers and this episode didn't really improve their status imo.

Also, why are they not immediately rushing to where Grandmama is?

I thought it was really adorable how Milcery evolved by dancing/spinning with a strawberry after a job well done. That was cute.

Having two backstory episodes back to back did not help this one and the entire conflict/resolution felt half baked to me. Murdock and Alcremie were kind of the more boring part of the Volt Tacklers and this episode didn't really improve their status imo.

I thought it was really adorable how Milcery evolved by dancing/spinning with a strawberry after a job well done. That was cute.
Yea, this was the episode that I was looking forward to the least and to follow up one flashback episode with another backstory episode really didn’t help matters. At very least, with this out of the way we can finally get to some Liko trainer development.

A really sweet episode about Murdock and Alcremie!

I enjoyed getting to see what Murdock was up to before he joined the Rising Volt Tacklers (which we don't get his reasoning for joining. Maybe he wanted to expand his horizons after the fallout with Mitchell?) I hope we continue to get backstory episodes for the other RVTs.

I thought Mitchell was pretty well developed for a character debut. I could see how jealousy could take root in an industry like that since it can be pretty competitive. I'm happy he and Murdock made up at the end.

I liked seeing Liko take the initiative in this episode. Even though she was nervous, she challenged Mitchell to the double battle and tried her best (even though it went from Pokemon battle to sweet battle). It was good to see Sprigatito battle a bit more.

I also thought they did a good job of showing off Motostoke with all of the machinery and they even featured the elevator from the games. And of course, they introduce Kabu.

They...literally explained it in the episode? The train's out and they didn't want to lead the Explorers straight to her grandmother.

Adults having their own problems seems to be a recurring theme in Horizons. Perhaps Liko's parents will end up being troubled by something as well. They seem important to the plot somehow.

How sweet of alcremie to get her two dads to rekindle their love of making confectionaries
Yeah, their argument before Murdock left in the flashback did feel like a divorce, with Alcremie being all "What did I do wrong?" If my partner smacked something out of my daughter's hands, that would probably be my breaking point too.

Compared to the past couple of episodes, this was a nice change of pace. I liked the backstory between Murdock and Mitchell, the new evolution animation, and the fact that their rivalry wasn't too serious like certain other ones.

This was an entertaining episode that gave some good galar representation with the elephant, alcremie and appletun. I like that each recurring character seems to be getting their fair amount of focus in this series.

They...literally explained it in the episode? The train's out and they didn't want to lead the Explorers straight to her grandmother.
It’s good to see that the RVT are learning from their encounters with the Explorers, realizing that even as they move between regions, the Explorers could surprise them again, and are adapting rather than getting instant amnesia like is such a common trope. It shows a development in how they won’t let what happened in Paldea happen again.

Having two backstory episodes back to back did not help this one
To be fair, the backstory was a small portion of this episode. It was more about its consequences.

I think the episode was quite in the middle for me. It wasn't horrible but wasn't specifically entertaining/interesting either. Just an episode squeezed in before something interesting happens with Kabu.

The team stops near Motostoke to make a more stealthy, train-based, trip to Liko's grandmother but there is an unfortunate delay (like every other trip the Rising Volt Tacklers take). Orio takes the chance to get some more parts for the ship. Meanwhile, Liko, Roy, and Murdock are sent on a quest to get some cotton candy for Dot (as a prop for a Grumin video, Liko approves) leading to Murdock meeting a former friend and making up with him. Kabu happens to be there setting up the next episode. Hopefully, next episode's excitement doesn't lead to them forgetting Dot's cotton candy.

It's good to see that Dot is hanging out outside her room and interacting with the rest of the crew.

An alright episode for Murdock and put his past behind by saying sorry to Mitchell. While the kids try to resolve it by battling have all been view from Kabu. Which set up next Friday for them to battle him.

Overall rating: B-

I actually liked this episode and how they’re actually doing some justice to the Galar region. I believe this is the first time we see Galarian Weezing make an appearance in the anime, as well as Cufant.

It was nice to see Murdock’s backstory with Alrcemie. I helps the viewers have some sort of connection with Alcremie, instead of just seeing it as a random Pokemon on the ship.

I’m really hoping Mollie gets a similar backstory and flashback scene like they did with Friede and Murdock.

While this episode was kind of a mid one to me, I did like how they had Liko take charge in helping resolve Murdock’s broken friendship even stepping up to challenge Mitchell to a double battle even if she didn’t really have a plan beyond that. Plus her reading Alcremie’s feelings at the end showed that she’s really coming into understanding Pokémon.

I found this episode fairly enjoyable-- it wasn't super amazing, but it was fun and Alcremie was adorable the whole way through. Plus seeing Liko slowly becoming more comfortable taking initiative in solving things is nice, good development.

Personally I don't mind getting to Volteccer backstories in a row, I'm glad we're getting to know the cast more.

Mitchel is a jerk, he treated alcreamie badly because she didnt evolve into the form he wanted! Also, Murdock and mitchel look totally gay.
I really liked that they are giving backstories to the crew and their pokemon. I think maybe they are trying to appeal to both kids and adults , so they focus on both kids and adults as main characters. I dont really know if its working , most people on this forum are adults, and people here seen to be more interested in the kids .

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom