• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ020: Kabu-san's Battle Training

Fuecoco does know Stomping Tantrum which will help against Fire types though we know Centiskorch is involved so won't be much help, no doubt we'll get Gigantamax as well so Fuecoco could be at a disadvantage unless Kabu goes easy on them

I'm so excited to see Kabu! I wonder if the training will be just basic training or if Liko and Roy will battle him at his gym. Really hoping it'll be the latter.

From the looks of things in the preview, it seems like in the battle portion of the training that Sprigatito is the last one standing judging by how it’s seen alone on the battlefield while Fuecoco is in Roy’s arms. Which I don’t mind at all since it’s nice that they’re finally doing trainer related things with Liko after so long.

Finally an interesting looking episode after two duds. The preview looks good, and I'm excited to see Kabu and Galar in general. I just hope Roy won't be neglected in the training and he'll get just as much focus as Liko. I really hope he'll actually do well in a battle instead of losing super quickly like the previous ones. It's sad that Wattrel isn't in the preview; because it looks like only Fuecoco is getting the training, which is pretty meh. Hopefully I'm wrong and he will appear.

Finally an interesting looking episode after two duds. The preview looks good, and I'm excited to see Kabu and Galar in general. I just hope Roy won't be neglected in the training and he'll get just as much focus as Liko. I really hope he'll actually do well in a battle instead of losing super quickly like the previous ones. It's sad that Wattrel isn't in the preview; because it looks like only Fuecoco is getting the training, which is pretty meh. Hopefully I'm wrong and he will appear.
Personally, with the sheer amount of focus Roy has been getting lately and how he just got a training episode a few episodes ago, I wouldn’t really mind too much if he’s the “fall guy” so to speak and the writers give Liko more of a chance to get the action even if it’s a 60/40 split.

It is nice to seeing them give Liko/Riko more of a battling focus and let Roy take a backseat. However, has anyone else noticed that despite how little Liko/Riko has been battling, she has a pretty nice W/L ratio? And despite how much of a spotlight Roy's battling has had, he hasn't really had a significant winn?

However, has anyone else noticed that despite how little Liko/Riko has been battling, she has a pretty nice W/L ratio?
Not really since she's yet to have a proper Trainer Battle that isn't interrupted, a spar, or assisted with friends/Friede. Aside from her win over Roy during their second training match, that only leaves an off-screen (!) victory over Onia in the fifth episode. For me personally, when she starts having battles at the frequency and quality that Ash (and several of his friends) generally did, then I think her W/L ratio would be something worth discussing.

Not really since she's yet to have a proper Trainer Battle that isn't interrupted, a spar, or assisted with friends/Friede. Aside from her win over Roy during their second training match, that only leaves an off-screen (!) victory over Onia in the fifth episode. For me personally, when she starts having battles at the frequency and quality that Ash (and several of his friends) generally did, then I think her W/L ratio would be something worth discussing.
I suppose you are right. She did beat Conia off-screen and Roy during the training battle, but beyond that she hasn't really gotten any other wins.

Personally, with the sheer amount of focus Roy has been getting lately and how he just got a training episode a few episodes ago, I wouldn’t really mind too much if he’s the “fall guy” so to speak and the writers give Liko more of a chance to get the action even if it’s a 60/40 split.

I still don't feel Roy has gotten that much focus, honestly. Even his training episode sadly didn't result in much noticeable growth to me. Roy has already been the "fall guy" in past battles, so if anything I feel like he deserves the time to actually shine in a battle for a change, so I hope he gets a lot of attention and actually makes good progress here.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom