• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ020: Kabu-san's Battle Training

About time in Liko's case, if you ask me.
1ualhp.jpg

I just hope that we get more a balance between the two. I would like to see Liko be a little more involved with battling and catching, and it would be nice to see Roy get some wins.

Did she get something else? I though she only had Sprigatitio.
She didn't. She still only has Sprigatitio. While it's looking more and more likely she'll be catching Hatenna in the episode after this one, nothing's concrete yet, and Sprigatitio remains her one and only Pokemon. (And no, Terapagos doesn't count.)

I think they will both lose to kabu. It makes sense that fuecoco will be defeated first , because it knows stomping tantrum, so its a bigger threat. Many people here want liko/roy winning, but i think its nice to let the gym leaders win in this series, since defeating them isnt the main goal of the protagonists, and most of the gym leaders werent portrayed as very strong trainers in Ash´s anime.

I think they will both lose to kabu. It makes sense that fuecoco will be defeated first , because it knows stomping tantrum, so its a bigger threat. Many people here want liko/roy winning, but i think its nice to let the gym leaders win in this series, since defeating them isnt the main goal of the protagonists, and most of the gym leaders werent portrayed as very strong trainers in Ash´s anime.
What do you mean they weren’t portrayed as strong in Ash’s anime? Bea obliterated Ash in their first encounter and tied in their second and numerous gym leaders have required a rematch for Ash to win. Hell, even in normal matches, it typically came down to 1 Pokémon each. The e tire point of gym leaders is to be a stop gap to test a trainer’s strength. They’re far fro weak just because Ash was strong enough to beat them.

I don't really see how Gym Leaders weren't portrayed as strong trainers in the past. The only challenge Ash really had in the PWC was against Bea and he took three matches to actually defeat her. Raihan is a Gym Leader who was close to getting to the Master Class and within the games, it is stated that he'd be strong enough to become the Champion in another region. Not to mention in most other series, most Gym Battles typically ended with both Ash and the Gym Leader being down to their last Pokemon. It was really rare for Ash to sweep a Gym Leader without having any of his Pokemon knocked out. Gym Leaders were always shown as being strong trainers, so I don't think losing to Ash changed that.

I don't know if I could see Liko or Roy defeating Kabu myself, but I think Roy would make a bit more sense, if only because Sprigatito would be at a huge disadvantage type wise.

I don't know if I could see Liko or Roy defeating Kabu myself, but I think Roy would make a bit more sense, if only because Sprigatito would be at a huge disadvantage type wise.
I don't see any of them being able to beat Kabu either (at least with current experience).
However, I don't fully agree that a Roy win would make more sense as Fuecoco doesn't have any type advantage over Centiskorch.

Last edited:
I don't see any of them being able to beat Kabu either (at least with current experience).
However, I don't fully agree that a Roy win wouldn't make any more sense as Fuecoco doesn't have any type advantage over Centiskorch.
Fuecoco doesn't have a type advantage, but it would potentially have an easier time lasting against any Fire or Bug type attacks from Centiskorch more so than Sprigatito would. Neither Liko or Roy have a lot of battling experience at this point, so either of them defeating Kabu might be tricky to pull off believably, but Fuecoco defeating another Fire type could work better than Sprigatito doing so.

Fuecoco doesn't have a type advantage, but it would potentially have an easier time lasting against any Fire or Bug type attacks from Centiskorch more so than Sprigatito would. Neither Liko or Roy have a lot of battling experience at this point, so either of them defeating Kabu might be tricky to pull off believably, but Fuecoco defeating another Fire type could work better than Sprigatito doing so.
So, I took a look at what Sprigatito can learn that would be super effective against Centiskorch and the only move that I found was Acrobatics. While I wouldn't have a problem with Sprigatito learning a new move and potentially beating Centiskorch, I would just like to see a decent battle that doesn't just amount to spamming Leafage.

I don’t think Liko or Roy will defeat Kabu because they are newbies. As for fuecoco, it might have type resistance, but it is also slower and has shown to have trouble moving around efficiently so I think Sprigatito might have better chances of lasting longer because it can dodge using quick attack, which is way faster.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom