• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ023: Galar Fire Blazes Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cases like this are always weird to me, when one legendary of a group gets focus and you know the other members won't.
I understand why they cant do all three but still.

Information courtesy of Corocoro

View attachment 174821

A Legendary Pokémon That Unleashes a Sinister Aura!
Fiery Wrath! GALAR FIRE STRIKES!!
Liko and Roy's Six Heroes-centric adventure takes a sudden turn when a legendary Pokémon from the Galar region attacks!!

THE THIRD OF THE SIX HEROES APPEARS IN THE GALAR REGION!!
The group's search for the Black Rayquaza has brought them to the Galar Mine. Inside, they encounter the malevolent Galar Fire!

GALAR FIRE, ONE OF THE SIX HEROES:
The third Pokémon to be revealed as one of the mighty Six Heroes.
*A sinister aura blazes like molten fire around this Pokémon!!
*It's so powerful not even the combined might of the entire group can make a dent in it!

THE FIERCE BATTLE BETWEEN FRIEDE AND AMETHIO IS WORTH YOUR ATTENTION AS WELL!!
Friede encounters Amethio inside the mine. Will their battle create further friction...?!
Will This Be Their Final Battle?
*Friede's partner Lizardon fights valiantly!
*Amethio counters with Soublades!!
Exited for this!! This may even be better than the Friede episode!

Zapdos would have made more sense as it is encountered nearby in the games and also it cannot fly so it doesn't have the same space limitations, but it's still nice to see one of the birds appearing finally.

Friede and Amethio could use different Pokemon but I guess we haven't seen this exact match and it could be an opportunity for Friede to reveal his Tera Orb.

So bit of an unpopular opinion here but is it just me or does it kinda feel like they’re throwing too big at Liko and Roy too soon? Like they’ve both barely got their feet wet as trainers and the’ve now faced 2 groups of competent villains and are now up against Moltress, a Pokémon that gave even Ash and Gary at their peaks a challenge. It just feels like a lot of punching down that really isn’t allowing them to get stronger so that facing such things feels more level. Like it’s cool and all that we get to see Galarian Moltress after Journeys botched Galar but it just feels too soon.

They already established that Liko's character arc is going to revolve around understanding Pokemon, so strength won't always need to be a factor.

Roy, on the other hand... Well, he'll have more chances later.

Also, speaking of, here's the summary.

Liko, Roy and Friede head back into the mine, having come up with a way to calm Fire down without defeating it in a battle. What could this way be...?!

They already established that Liko's character arc is going to revolve around understanding Pokemon, so strength won't always need to be a factor.

Roy, on the other hand... Well, he'll have more chances later.

Also, speaking of, here's the summary.
Strength kinda is a factor when you have a target in your back due to an evil organization being after you for something in your possession. Even if she wants to understand Pokémon’s feelings, she‘s going to need to get stronger if she’s to defend herself because that part isn’t going away at least until that organization is defeated or otherwise dealt with and after Spinel, she knows she has to get stronger as to not cause trouble for the others again.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

What the group found in the Galar Mine was not the Black Rayquaza, but a Galar Fire carrying an ancient monster ball, the proof of being one of the Six Heroes that traveled with Lucius! Liko and the others want to close in on this Galar Fire somehow, but it's burning with anger and keeps everyone at arm's length. What is the plan Liko comes up with that incorporates Gym Leader Kabu's advice that winning battles isn't the only way to be a Trainer?!

While talking down the monster is kinda their only option here since, let’s be real, they don’t stand a chance against a legendary Pokémon, I’m really hoping that that’s not gonna be the only way that they handle things. I get that they’re trying to be deep here but going from conflict being resolved with epic battles to resolving things with essentially pacifism is kinda a boring step down for an action based series like Pokémon.

While talking down the monster is kinda their only option here since, let’s be real, they don’t stand a chance against a legendary Pokémon, I’m really hoping that that’s not gonna be the only way that they handle things. I get that they’re trying to be deep here but going from conflict being resolved with epic battles to resolving things with essentially pacifism is kinda a boring step down for an action based series like Pokémon.
Agreed. I want to see some epic battles, half the reason I watch the Pokemon anime in the first place is for the action.

I'm fine with it. Theres always still battling involved, happened with both Arboliva and now Moltres, it's just not ultimately the end goal of how they win. Battles against 1 pokemon are meh imo anyways.

I do have a few concerns about them having such a powerful Pokemon on stand-by (even if their availability is unreliable due to the Ancient Pokeballs seemingly only opening via the pendant, which Liko can't use on command). The giant Arboliva is one thing, but Moltres is a Legendary Pokemon and they are practically still beginners. It just seems like an odd sense of progression to go from Arboliva to Moltres because then what? Lucius likely has a Lapras going by the picture of his Pokemon but that seems like a step down from Moltres in terms of significance. Unless Moltres ends up escaping and they have to also track it down if they end up deciding that they need to collect all of Lucius' other Pokemon first before confronting Rayquaza.

I'm not really concerned about them not defeating it in battle because while it is important that they get stronger with all the villains hunting them down, battling isn't the only way to catch a Pokemon and we have already established that Liko wants to understand how Pokemon feel first and foremost.

I don't really remember if Sprigatito has glowed like that before so I wonder if that is Overgrow activating or if it is just some pendant-related power-up since it seems sort of sparkly.

Nice to see the continuity of Galarian Nurse Joys using Indeedee as their assistants.

Last edited:
Considering that Galarian Moltres is a Pokemon that roams in the Sword and Shield DLC (plus the fact that it flies), it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up running away. It would explain why a Legendary Pokemon is introduced relatively early (Rayquaza notwithstanding) with the idea of working up to acquire it before Rayquaza. If it turns out that the Galarian Moltres is sad and/or angry then it also wouldn't be calmed down right away and would not consent to joining the team.

With the mystery title, this could be a 3-parter... :unsure:

My guess is the Mystery Episode will be the one with Terapagos, we know from one of the multi-episode preview things that its supposed to show up in this batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom