• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ023: Galar Fire Blazes Up

I think all they are trying to say is that so far in the series there hasn't been a moment to battle any random people. They have been being directed around for a bit, would require them to randomly pause that.
Like I said earlier, it's less a problem with Liko and more a problem with the series itself.
Even if she had a more battle focused goal there hasn't been a moment yet to actually do anything like that.

I think all they are trying to say is that so far in the series there hasn't been a moment to battle any random people. They have been being directed around for a bit, would require them to randomly pause that.
Like I said earlier, it's less a problem with Liko and more a problem with the series itself.
Even if she had a more battle focused goal there hasn't been a moment yet to actually do anything like that.
I wouldn’t say that’s entirely true as was shown with the Murdock episode. The plot was willing to have that the trains were down when they arrived which in turn created a plot point in which Liko battled a guy who was essentially a random to her. The writers are willing to pause the plot for an episode and in turn turn that pause into something that is beneficial as that then created a chain of events that advance the plot.

You claim that the picnic episode served as setup for Roy to catch Wattrel yet you discount that any plot point could stem from them getting the opportunity to battle other trainers. An episode that seemed completely filler stemmed into plot relevant points so tell me, why exactly is it apparently an impossibility for that kind of thing to either set up or act as some form of development for either of them? Last I checked, an episode that would seem to have zero effect on the plot with delving into Murdock’s past led to Kabu’s training which further led to the whole thing with the Galar mines. Instead, you just deem it to be filler saying they don’t have time for that as if there’s some clock that they’re racing against. Not everything that isn’t instantly Lucius focused is some filler waste of time like you seem to imply just because they’ve decided to be more story based especially if it benefits the cast in some way.
I'm not saying that all battles would be filler it's just that it'd be much easier to add in a lot of battles if they weren't making sure that everything leads into something notable. Avoiding filler and having a main plot not focused on battles naturally reduces the number of battles that they can work into the series. If the number of battles they work into the plot is an important metric then the picnic episode could be considered wasteful but that's just one episode and I'd disagree with the idea that working a battle into it would have been a notable improvement.

Like I said, and you bas agreed, we’re only 24 episodes in , they have time.
If they have plenty of time then shouldn't you save your complaints until you see what they do with that time? I suspect it won't be more picnics.

We’re just talking in circles at this point so I’m just gonna agree to disagree. If the writers prove my judgement wrong and win back my faith, then good, I’ll be glad to be wrong. If not, then hopefully better luck next series.
I hear ya. I guess only time will tell how Liko turns out.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom