• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ024: Reunion at the Old Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking to forward to find out more about the pendant and The Grandma. I wonder what is her relation to it and how much does she know about the explorers as well.

It's official: Liko's a magical girl with bunch of cute, highly marketable familiars!

Journeys wasn't meant to promote S&S. It was meant to promote the franchise as a whole in honor of the 25th Anniversary (though it did it poorly), and apparently OLM didn't want to because of the initial negative reaction to S&S before it even released...
If that was their thought process it really but them in the ass since that became a major complaint about Journeys.

It's official: Liko's a magical girl with bunch of cute, highly marketable familiars!

Journeys wasn't meant to promote S&S. It was meant to promote the franchise as a whole in honor of the 25th Anniversary (though it did it poorly), and apparently OLM didn't want to because of the initial negative reaction to S&S before it even released...
Journeys was actually meant to be a sendoff for Ash. That's why they did the world traveling format.

I don't think I've heard anything official abut OLM not wanting to promote Sword/Shield because of its initial negative reaction. I highly doubt that was the case at least since they would have been setting up Journeys well before fans had any reactions to the games. Prior to the whole National Pokedex situation, I don't recall the initial reactions to Sword/Shield being that negative anyway. Not to mention I can't really see backlash affecting how they promote the games to such a degree. It isn't like the main series games didn't have any backlash prior to the eighth generation. I think that's just misinformation/rumors spread around from people who dislike Sword/Shield and made that assumption about the anime in a way to further justify their opinions on the games. It doesn't even make sense when Journeys still did promote Sword/Shield. Obviously not particularly well, but they didn't ignore Galar and its storyline entirely. Aside from Kanto and arguably Alola, it isn't like the other regions were handled significantly better in Journeys either.

Journeys was actually meant to be a sendoff for Ash. That's why they did the world traveling format.
I really don't believe that Journeys was always meant to be a sendoff for the Ash or that was the rationale for using the world tour format. It did make it easier for them to feature a lot of former traveling companions from different regions, but it took them quite awhile for them to really lead into that. It felt more like they wanted to have the world tour format to showcase Pokemon from different regions and celebrate the anime's upcoming 25th anniversary. It also worked in Goh's favor in regard to his goal. Plus, with how the PWC was handled, how Ash's team was handled and the general direction for Journeys' first year, I just don't think that Ash's sendoff was planned from the start of the series. It feels much more like something they decided on midway through the series or so.

I don't think I've heard anything official abut OLM not wanting to promote Sword/Shield because of its initial negative reaction. I highly doubt that was the case at least since they would have been setting up Journeys well before fans had any reactions to the games. Prior to the whole National Pokedex situation, I don't recall the initial reactions to Sword/Shield being that negative anyway. Not to mention I can't really see backlash affecting how they promote the games to such a degree. It isn't like the main series games didn't have any backlash prior to the eighth generation. I think that's just misinformation/rumors spread around from people who dislike Sword/Shield and made that assumption about the anime in a way to further justify their opinions on the games. It doesn't even make sense when Journeys still did promote Sword/Shield. Obviously not particularly well, but they didn't ignore Galar and its storyline entirely. Aside from Kanto and arguably Alola, it isn't like the other regions were handled significantly better in Journeys either.

I really don't believe that Journeys was always meant to be a sendoff for the Ash or that was the rationale for using the world tour format. It did make it easier for them to feature a lot of former traveling companions from different regions, but it took them quite awhile for them to really lead into that. It felt more like they wanted to have the world tour format to showcase Pokemon from different regions and celebrate the anime's upcoming 25th anniversary. It also worked in Goh's favor in regard to his goal. Plus, with how the PWC was handled, how Ash's team was handled and the general direction for Journeys' first year, I just don't think that Ash's sendoff was planned from the start of the series. It feels much more like something they decided on midway through the series or so.
I don't think that they did Journeys for the 25th anniversary because if that was the intention it would have been very prominent in the advertising.

I don't think that they did Journeys for the 25th anniversary because if that was the intention it would have been very prominent in the advertising.
Considering that the 25th anniversary didn't actually happen until last year, which was near the end of Journeys' run, I don't think that they would have made the anniversary a huge part of the marketing for most of the series' run. Hyping up the anniversary years in advance might have been overkill and bringing back characters over the course of the series was a better way to celebrate the anime's history than throwing in a 25th anniversary logo over everything. At the very least, I don't think that they would have had to make their intent extra clear with having more advertising for the 25th anniversary for Journeys to be done partly for celebrating the anime's milestone.

I just want to point out the Klink in the clock, once again Klang just does not get to exist in a regular episode of the anime.

At this point i am convinced Klang only exists in our imagination and the line goes Klink and Klingklang and that we made up Klang in order for the evolution line to make sense.

hamber is implied to be prominent in either this or the following episode... and he knows diana...

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 佐藤大 (Dai Satō)
Episode Director 又野弘道 (Hiromichi Matano)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Animation Director 新城真 (Makoto Shinjō)
Animation Director 升谷有希 (Yuki Masutani)

Oh yes, Dai Sato.

That's how I know I'm in for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom