• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ025: Rivals in the Dark Night

The explorers originated as Lucius' friends. Frede finally actually beat Ametheo. Liko's grandmother's castle is now in quite rough shape. Sango and Onix get proper appearances (Sango is quite adorable but also rather unstable, Onix seems fairly stoic). The Rising Volt Tacklers' escape is successful mostly due to Cap. We find out that half of the Six Heroes are legendary Pokémon (and at least one of the non-legendary ones is exceptionally large) and Kleavor gets to be a member of two different important groups of ancient Pokémon.

Solid episode and conclusion to the first arc. Sango is unhinged and is easily my favorite villain so far. I'm excited for the next arc too. I wonder if we can expect it to be of similar length, and depending on how long Gen 9 is, could we expect Horizons to be about 75 - 100 episode total?

75 feels too short. The series of the 3 years between gens era of pokemon have all been around 130-140 episodes so around 100 is fair for Horizons given it had a later start. Could go beyond that though, depends on if gamefreak are going to do the 4 year gap a lot of people are predicting to line up gen 10 with the 30th anniversary.

75 feels too short. The series of the 3 years between gens era of pokemon have all been around 130-140 episodes so around 100 is fair for Horizons given it had a later start. Could go beyond that though, depends on if gamefreak are going to do the 4 year gap a lot of people are predicting to line up gen 10 with the 30th anniversary.
True. Four arcs of around ~100 episodes seems reasonable, unless GF finally changes their release pattern for the next gen of games. I think there is plenty of content to fill another 75 or so episodes, it just comes down to pacing.

I'm not exactly a fan of the recycle of ideas this episode had. Liko & Roy 2HKNO'ing Zir and Conia, they using the airship to scape, Amethio cornering Friede and he doing a show with his Charizard...Through I guess the animation made up for them. I also liked the new elements, like the castle being used to its full potential and even got destroyed in the process and Sando and Onix being backup agents that truly felt lethal with their methods, I hope we see them again soon.

It was weird that after Diana's characterization in the previous episode she did not seem to give a damn about the castle Pokemon.:cry: I hope they're okay.

Looking forward to the new season, new opening and specially some Hisui content!!

When it comes to unconventional attacks the explorers did shine in this episode, the salt cure and destroying parts of the castle, but in a direct battle captain pikachu took care of them rather quickly.

I was hoping Sango and Onyx would put up more of a fight but the crazy good animation this episode made up for it, seen it circulating on social media and never get tired of rewatching. I've grown to love Cap a lot too. Also bonus points for Diana actually joining the crew, looking forward to seeing more of her <3 Pretty good episode overall despite some flaws and I'm excited to see the direction they'll take with Amethio.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom