• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ026: Terapagos's Adventure

The first episode I can call Meh. But hey it had to happen eventually, it always does with the anime. Just took Horizons longer than expected with how good these past couple of episodes have been.

Plenty of good interaction between Liko and Diana though.

An alright episode for the new arc with Liko Grandmother, Diana join the fray and hope for the best before explorer does. Also, Terapagos is such a naughty naughty turtle almost cause Liko fall from Airship if it wasn't her grandma.

Overall rating: C+

I first must start by saying that I already miss Heart Pounding Diary as an intro. That was easily the best Pokémon intro for me and I can't believe its already gone. :cry: The visuals for the new song are great, but the song itself is pretty meh for me. The chorus is good but that's about it.

This episode was pretty dull to me. Honestly speaking, I just wasn't all too interested in seeing Terapagos goofing off and Sprigatito being moody. Especially because I don't feel it really went anywhere. By the end of it all, Sprigatito still seemed distant toward Terapagos and didn't even seem to truly forgive Liko. I feel like this episode could have been better off of the airship, but whatever. I'm much more excited for next week since it looks like we might be seeing more of Dot and best boy Quaxly. 4/10 rating for today.

The new version of the ending was okay. I was surprised when they changed up the order and had Roy start the song and Liko follow in the beginning. I like that the new visuals show more than just Kanto and Paldea Pokémon now. I did think Liko and Roy's voices sounded a bit...odd though. Idk why, but they sounded way more toned down and less excited than the first version to me.

By the end of it all, Sprigatito still seemed distant toward Terapagos and didn't even seem to truly forgive Liko.
Pretty sure Sprigatito did forgive Liko it was just being a cat and did a cat thing.

I thought the episode was fine, another one that needs the subs to be anything more than just fine though.

Haven't watched the episode yet so I can't speak on it too much, but that opening? Holy Shit? Blows Dokimeki Diary and pretty much any other Pokemon opening out of the water easily. My jaw dropped.

I think Sprigatito just gets overwhelmed by baby-T's dog-like energy :D it's so curious and wants to explore the modern world and Spriggy just doesn't vibe with it atp. Hatenna keeps it in her lane, so I guess that's why Spriggy didn't have a problem with her.

The opening. Nothing to say. 10/10 music and visuals. I'm kinda bummed that the opening suggests that Diana won't stick around the ship, so I guess she stays in Galar once the group leaves to the next region.

Terapagos really seems to be missing Lucius or Rakua the way it keeps crying out and the more I think about it, the sadder it gets, when a baby-like immortal creature misses it's former friend :/// I'm gonna need subs for what Diana said about Lucius.

EDIT: it turns out that Terapagos is actually remembering old memories after meeting hero pokemon.

Last edited:
One thing I really appreciate is how they hammer in that Liko is special because she’s Liko, not because she’s (possibly) Lucius’ descendant.

I saw a few complaints the other day trying to claim Liko is being carried by her bloodline in comparison to Ash, who was a nobody from the boonies.

Terapagos wanders the ship eventually getting itself and Liko in danger of falling off the ship. Liko gets a belt and decides to find the rest of the Six Heros and Rakua. Sprigatito continues to be a cat. The end result is that the team is still following Rayquayza around for the moment.

Not the most exciting episode but it's a starting point. The new OP is good.

One thing I really appreciate is how they hammer in that Liko is special because she’s Liko, not because she’s (possibly) Lucius’ descendant.

I saw a few complaints the other day trying to claim Liko is being carried by her bloodline in comparison to Ash, who was a nobody from the boonies.
Personally I find that the point would be much better made if she didn’t have any potential relation to Lucius. Given that the pendant and journal were artifacts that the family had in their possession and those sparked this whole thing, it does have a whole destined feel to it. Roy represents that kind of thing better given his lack of relation to Lucius, instead being inspired by his stories.

Personally I find that the point would be much better made if she didn’t have any potential relation to Lucius. Given that the pendant and journal were artifacts that the family had in their possession and those sparked this whole thing, it does have a whole destined feel to it. Roy represents that kind of thing better given his lack of relation to Lucius, instead being inspired by his stories.

The blood relation to Lucius is barely a factor when Diana says that Terapagos never appeared to her when she was actively researching it (and we don't know the reason why Diana skipped her daughter and gave the pendant to Liko). There's definitely more than just ancestry that makes Liko and Lucius alike - probably their personalities and general drives to understand Pokemon at a deeper level. Rayquaza locked eyes with Liko the moment it was released, and when Liko wore the belt Terapagos looked at her as if seeing Lucius.

It's a classic (some might call it cliché) story telling, but it's intriguing enough.

The blood relation to Lucius is barely a factor when Diana says that Terapagos never appeared to her when she was actively researching it (and we don't know the reason why Diana skipped her daughter and gave the pendant to Liko). There's definitely more than just ancestry that makes Liko and Lucius alike - probably their personalities and general drives to understand Pokemon at a deeper level. Rayquaza locked eyes with Liko the moment it was released, and when Liko wore the belt Terapagos looked at her as if seeing Lucius.

It's a classic (some might call it cliché) story telling, but it's intriguing enough.
However, the blood relation is the entire reason why the pendant was even in the hands of this family in the first place. Compare that to Roy who had Rayquaza’s pokeball purely by chance or Ash having similar aura to Sir Aaron despite no relation at all and Liko’s situation just feels a lot more cliche in the factor of destiny compared to the others. Not helping things is that they’ve basically set Liko to be walking in Lucius’ shoes collecting his Pokémon while being paired with Terapagos to find Rakua. I just find that narrative would be more compelling if there was no relation between the 2.

See now, this is what I first thought of when Liko started to ignore Sprigatito in favor of Terapagos. Kinda mirrors the whole May ignoring Torchic in favor of Beautifly thing back in the AG days.

(I wonder if it will end up having a similar result......)

Last edited:
A little later to talk about this episode, but I enjoyed it! It obviously wasn't as thrilling or exciting as the last few episodes, but I think it was a nice establishing episode for the next arc while also giving us more of Terapagos' personality and a little development between Liko and Sprigatito.

I liked seeing Terapagos wander around as it explored the ship and experienced a bunch of stuff again for either the first time or the first time in decades. Poor guy doesn't seem to know that Lucius is probably dead, unless Terapagos just knows something we don't and Lucius is really just chilling in Raqua (alive or like a force ghost or something).

Liko and Lucius do seem to be related, but it was her deep compassion and desire to understand Pokemon that made Terapagos finally emerge. Though, Diana seems very compassionate and empathetic herself, so I wonder why Terapagos didn't emerge under he care (and it seems like Diana just didn't bother passing it down to Lucca for some reason).

The RVTs finally have a more concrete goal outside of just finding Diana and following wherever Rayquaza goes. They are officially tracking down the Six Heroes so that they can bring Terapagos to Raqua (and bring it back to full power along the way, hopefully).

This is the first time Hisui is mentioned in the anime, though the timing and knowledge of Kleavor existing are a little unclear. Diana states that Lucius existed a hundred years ago from now, which just doesn't seem right. That would make him old enough to be like Diana's father, or at least her grandfather. Friede states that Kleavor is a known Pokemon originating from Hisui but hasn't been seen in ages, so I wonder how long that is specifically because it seems like there is a pretty clear picture taken of it, though it does appear to be the oldest since it is in black and white.

It seems like Amethio is starting down some character arc now, so we'll see how that turns out.

Next episode the RVTs will be too late for Rayquaza again and they already admit that they have no leads on any of the others, either. I think Lapras or Kleavor are next. We just got Galarian Moltres, so I feel like another legendary would be overkill (and Friede even says that the chances of them just stumbling across Entei were incredibly low).

Anyways, a chill episode. The new opening is great, and I liked seeing the updated ending, too.

I'm guessing Rayquaza might've left a clue for them.

I find it interesting that Friede doesn't mention that Hisui=Sinnoh and I feel like that's where the team is going next. Just my theory that they'll just have an 'aha' moment and go Kleavor > Hisui > Sinnoh and head there.

Back
Top Bottom