• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ027: As Long As I'm With My Companions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's just not the same without them that's all.
I'm sure we'll see Ash and the others again someday. Have faith. But, as Rockapheller said, the chances of Ash and Pikachu coming back and staying back are extremely unlikely. Ash's time as the main character is probably over for good-which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
So is there any Mega Evolution Z moves and Gigantamax in this new series?
Who knows? They're travelling all over the world, so the gimmicks from past generations might pop up every once in a while when they visit their respective regions. But seeing as those gimmicks are no longer in the games (and I'm pretty sure the only reason Journeys featured Mega Evolution and Z-Moves was because it was like a celebration of the series as a whole, and obviously Dynamax was featured because it was the current gimmick) I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. (I mean, hell, they're in Galar currently and we haven't seen a single Dynamax or Gigantamax yet, and if I had to guess, we won't be seeing any at all.)

Summary courtesy of Adamant

The Rising Volt Tacklers go to the Wild Area of the Galar Region after Dot obtains some eyewitness accounts of Black Rayquaza sightings there, but the accounts turn out to be inaccurate. After seeing how frustrated this made Dot, Liko suggests they make some curry together, and the group decides to take a short rest in the area. Meanwhile, all the Explorers executives gather at HQ...

Sorry, but a random hiker isn't something to get excited over. Hikers are a trainer class that have popped up several times over the years.

It could be a lookalike. Besides, even if it IS the same guy, a bit player from a forgettable filler doesn't impress me one bit.

Call me when they meet honorary companions, rivals, and pre-galar gym leaders/champions.

Sorry, but a random hiker isn't something to get excited over. Hikers are a trainer class that have popped up several times over the years.

It could be a lookalike. Besides, even if it IS the same guy, a bit player from a forgettable filler doesn't impress me one bit.

Call me when they meet honorary companions, rivals, and pre-galar gym leaders/champions.
Even then, they would have to actually mention Ash in order for it to be the same universe.

Even then, they would have to actually mention Ash in order for it to be the same universe.
Wow the denial is real on that one at that point. Why are people so hard pressed for this to be some separate universe as if the Pokémon World isn’t big enough to accommodate both? Hell, that’s kinda part of the point of the games being set in the same universe sans remakes.

Wow the denial is real on that one at that point. Why are people so hard pressed for this to be some separate universe as if the Pokémon World isn’t big enough to accommodate both? Hell, that’s kinda part of the point of the games being set in the same universe sans remakes.
What I'm saying is this: Don't get your hopes up about it. Yeah, I agree that it could go either way. We don't know. Unless there is hard evidence either way, don't assume that Brock showing up is proof unless something that happened involving Ash is mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom