• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ029: Orio and the Monster Ball Craftsman

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
It's Orla's time to shine at long last so discuss her very own episode here.

Plenty of fun in this with Khana and that entertaining bit where Roy tries out a ton of Pokeballs. Some very cool looking ones as well.

Nothing happens occur in this episode except for Liko and Roy to understand how environmental for pokemon to live especially with Galarian Weezing doing it job for the air pollutants from factory after Roy accidently hitting one of it that pissed off every of it.

On top of that, it getting boring as Cap Pikachu with Fredie always the one to resolve the crisis one episode after another. Writer should let the kids to shine. Still a decent episode. Also, Orio leaving? No way in million year.

Overall Rating: C+

I see how Cap's appearances can get annoying, but I understand that Pokemon has to showcase Pikachu doing cool things. With that being said, Orla did save the day and Metagross wasn't a pushover like last time. I wish Elekid had more to do, though.

The PokeBall Liko had and the one Orla received were very Lillie-coded.

First episode without Hattena since it was caught, just something I noticed (next episode might be another)

Not much else to say without subs, also yeah Orla saved the day. Cap just solved a separate issue probably only introduced to give cap something cool to do. (A seperate issue I cant imagine the others being able to do too much against, was alot of weezings.)

I see how Cap's appearances can get annoying, but I understand that Pokemon has to showcase Pikachu doing cool things.
Oh, it's getting annoying alright. (That and its trainer just flying around on his Charizard Taxi. Why isn't Charizard doing more of the battling instead of being a flying Uber service?) And by a Pikachu doing "cool things," does that mean hogging 90% of the battle action while the newbies get next to nothing?

I'm on the opposite side of the argument. I feel like pikachu has only shown up to save the day in battles Liko and Roy probably couldn't realistically win anyways.
They weren't going to be able to do much against Sango and Onyx. Tepen was probably going to keep taking the ball back if they just tried to nab it and I cant see them having of beaten all four of his pokemon (Theres also the sleep thing but that could easily be just removed from the episode). And theres a decent likelyhood they (plus orla) wouldn't of been able to defeat all of those weezing. Just to name some recent examples.

Good backstory episode for Orio/Orla. Reminds me of a personal prediction that, down the line, we'll also see flashbacks for Molly, Dot and Murdock and how they came to join Friede's group.

Orio gets a job offer and refuses it but does bond with Khana (something I hope will come up again). Roy practices with various unusual Pokéballs (what was the point of that exploding one?) and a bunch of Galaran Weezing discover a new food source.

Not much happened but it was still quite the entertaining episode.

Finally got around to watching the episode, and it was a fun one!

Orla is the star of the show in this episode, as we get to learn more of her backstory and inner-thoughts. Her friendship with Karna was cute with them geeking out over machinery and craftsmanship and such. I hope we get to see Karna again sometime. Getting to see all of the unique Poke Balls was cool, and only some of them were questionable (bomb that blows up before you can throw it).

Also, how hard is Roy throwing his Poke Balls that he is breaking huge holes in the walls of the airship? I like him taking the initiative to practice, though.

Overall, an enjoyable episode!

Back
Top Bottom