• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ032: Laplace's Memories Of Its Companions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Title and staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii, set to air December 8th

Screenplay 松澤くれは (Kureha Matsuzawa)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 奥野浩行 (Hiroyuki Okuno)
Animation Director 青葉稜太郎 (Ryōtarō Aoba)
Animation Director 平松康佑 (Kōsuke Hiramatsu)
Animation Director 山本直子 (Naoko Yamamoto)

Defenintly sounds like Lucius's Lapras to me.
If so and assuming they continue at this rate they will have found every ancient pokeball pokemon at around episode 50 something.
Which would line up with the probable end of this second chapter/arc/whatever

That means we'll not get a Kanto arc for a while. I don't mind it since it's still overexposed, though it could have been an opportunity to flesh out Anne and the academy.

We'll definitely see our lady's Gigamax here.

Really speedrunning this ancient Pokémon plot. I’m wondering if this series is meant to be shorter in length or if we’ll end up with multiple stories in this series.

There is a bit more left as they have to find Rakua and also deal with the explorers (Granted both of those can happen at the same time). But unless they really drag that out it will still be done pretty quick. episode 70 or 80 something if its another 25 episode arc.

Friede stated a while ago that finding and investigating mysteries is what the RVTs do.

Even if they do find Rakua, that doesn't mean it has to be the end of their journey.

Heck, Roy's goal is to be a great adventurer like Lucius, so why would he of all people stop after only one adventure?

Wow I didn't expect Lapras to be thee Lapras. Horizons really not wasting any time.

Excited to get more memory flashbacks of Lucius.

They are gonna super fast with Lucius storyline. I wonder if thats because they don't want to drag it out to much because they want to give Liko/Roy something else to do and is possibly the reason they are focusing on Galar so much, that they can focus on other stuff in other regions.

Friede stated a while ago that finding and investigating mysteries is what the RVTs do.

Even if they do find Rakua, that doesn't mean it has to be the end of their journey.

Heck, Roy's goal is to be a great adventurer like Lucius, so why would he of all people stop after only one adventure?
True enough. Even If it doesnt continue after that assuming they are doing new protags every gen now its probably what Liko and Roy will canonically continue to do off screen.

Dang. I guess it IS Lucius' Lapras after all. Nuts. I really thought this would be another Lapras and they'd save Lucius'for later.

Really speedrunning this ancient Pokémon plot. I’m wondering if this series is meant to be shorter in length or if we’ll end up with multiple stories in this series.

Well, there IS a rumor among would-be analyst this will be the shortest series yet (at 120+ episodes, as I recall :unsure: )

HOWEVER, there's still a lot they can do besides the Six Heroes and Rakua. In particular, I think Roy's going to be a battle competition arc similar to the PWC. (SOMEONE has to represent actual Pokemon battles while Liko's playing "The Secret of Blue Water-types") .

Besides, traveling to ALL regions as arcs is going to still take a while.

Dang. I guess it IS Lucius' Lapras after all. Nuts. I really thought this would be another Lapras and they'd save Lucius'for later.

Well, there IS a rumor among would-be analyst this will be the shortest series yet (at 120+ episodes, as I recall :unsure: )

HOWEVER, there's still a lot they can do besides the Six Heroes and Rakua. In particular, I think Roy's going to be a battle competition arc similar to the PWC. (SOMEONE has to represent actual Pokemon battles while Liko's playing "The Secret of Blue Water-types") .

Besides, traveling to ALL regions as arcs is going to still take a while.
There's still Alola, Hisui, Sinnoh, if they even want to do all of them.

Though here's a catch: what if they just meet Lapras here, DON'T catch it for whatever reason, and have to get it later like with Rayquaza? :unsure:

With how they’re blitzing through this, at this point I wonder if they even plan to have them hit all of the regions and instead are only going to focus on specific ones.
We were told they'd visit all the regions. And like I said, there's more they can do besides getting the Six Heroes and dealing with the Explorers.

Though here's a catch: what if they just meet Lapras here, DON'T catch it for whatever reason, and have to get it later like with Rayquaza? :unsure:

We were told they'd visit all the regions. And like I said, there's more they can do besides getting the Six Heroes and dealing with the Explorers.
Not sure about that. To stay a few episodes and mot catch something like that given everything we know, I smell a capture, though we can be proven wrong.
Also, yes with the other regions, unless they have other plans for those places.

Horizons was supposed to have different arcs/subtitles since its conception, so it's completely natural to me that one of them is speeding up and taking advantage of that to focus on Lucius and his Pokemon. Also, 8 episodes is still a decent time, if both Kleavor and Entei have 8 eps each and we add another 8 for the climax we get 56 episodes which is still more than what most animation series usually have. Another thing is that the shorter arc span could be because of the RVT finding two Pokemon on the same region, when they move to Sinnoh or Johto they'll spend more time visiting the landmarks and all that.

You think so?
Yeah, otherwise I don't see any reason to place the RVT's encounter with Lapras in Galar.

More than most animation series yes but a solid almost a 100 less than even the shortest of the old main series stuff. So unless they plan to do 2 or 3 completely new stories every generation and/or go on super long breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom