• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ032: Laplace's Memories Of Its Companions

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Randou
Yoshino Aoyama: Dot
Kiri Yoshizawa: Diana
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucius
Tatsuki Kobe: Yarukimono
Kohsuke Tanabe: Magmag
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu
Nanase Nishino: Eteboth

Very great episode. Plenty of stuff going on with tons of Pokémon popping up, Ludlow finally getting a piece of the action and we get to properly see Lucius for the very first time.

What more could I ask from this week's ep?

Ludlow was fantastic.

I wish we got more backstory on the pirate mons and how Wailord and Lapras got those scars.
The moment when the hero mon were crying for Lucius hit hard. Liko's getting close to assembling the entire team, but there's so much unknown about what happened with Lucius in Rakua.

I found it funny how a sleeping baby turtle was the first one to sense the giant angy snek flying over them. Speaking of Rayquaza, totally unexpected appearance.

I assume the characters probably figured out what happened in dialogue, just have to wait for subtitles.
Good episode, the slideshow battle was a little jarring but eh probably a reason for it.

Can’t really say that I’m all too pleased that the encounter with Lapras was as predictable as I thought it would be. These encounters with Lucius’ Pokémon are supposed to be Horizons’ equivalent to the big character moments like Gyms or Contests with the protagonists moving one step closer to what they’re after in the story but rather than having the same kind of exciting feeling, they’ve honestly been pretty cookie cutter with Terapagos shining, bringing out the heroes they have and then them calming the new hero who it turns out misses Lucius. Only time it was different was with Arboliva and that’s just because it was the first one. I’m really hoping we get some variety with the last 2.

Decent episode. I thought the battle against Lapras and its friends would last longer, but I suppose it really didn't need to be anything intense. I was really surprised to see Rayquaza show up, and I'm interested in seeing what happens with it next week. 6/10.

An intense and warm heart episode to finally understand for Lapras that Lucius pass away. Just a shame the battle only short awhile could have been bit longer. Rayquaza appeared at conclusion of episode is utter surprised. Wondering, if it can return to ancient ball next week or not.

Overall rating: B-

An intense and warm heart episode to finally understand for Lapras that Lucius pass away. Just a shame the battle only short awhile could have been bit longer. Rayquaza appeared at conclusion of episode is utter surprised. Wondering, if it can return to ancient ball next week or not.

Overall rating: B-
Doubt that they’d have that happen considering that Roy’s goal is wanting to battle Rayquaza so it’d be kinda anticlimactic for it to return to the ball without that happening first. Plus given that it’s acted as a sort of bread crumb trail that leads them to where in the world the heroes are, the plot still needs it free roaming. It’ll likely be the final one they return.

And so, another hero mon is ours. But then, Rayquaza just has to step in. Next week looking so good btw. Good to see Ludlow and Roy step up more to the plate. Lucius being here also makes this more effective than it any right to. 8.5 I'll give this one.

So after some checking around, according to Bulbapedia, it seems that the Lapras sea where this and the previous episode took place is apparently part of the Galar region. Anybody agree with that?

We don't see the move Surf being used too frequently, but this one was hands down the coolest one yet. Quagsire did it so smoothly and nicely. I loved the confidence it had, the expression on its face, and how fluent the animation was to counter the attack moves from the pirates. It was the moment Ludlow shone for once. I hope to see more of Quagsire and Ludlow in the future.

We don't see the move Surf being used too frequently, but this one was hands down the coolest one yet. Quagsire did it so smoothly and nicely. I loved the confidence it had, the expression on its face, and how fluent the animation was to counter the attack moves from the pirates. It was the moment Ludlow shone for once. I hope to see more of Quagsire and Ludlow in the future.
Ludlow reminds them that while Friede might be the leader, this was once his boat and he knows his way around the sea. Makes you wonder what kind of action he saw in his younger days.

Landau proves to be an impressive sailor, and his Quagisire can use Surf quite effectively. Liko successfully figures out where the Lapras Pirates' base is and the Rising Volt Tacklers befriend them (with the power of Terapagos and co plus donuts). With a little prompting from Ambipom the third of the Six Heroes has been successfully collected. Meanwhile, the remaining pirates continue their life of crime with the team's approval (it really isn't good to encourage piracy but they're a reasonably harmless group so it'll probably be fine). Rayquayza then shows up for more screen time but probably won't stick around for more than an episode or two.

A good episode!

Lapras and its pirate gang were cool. I liked that we got to see Lapras' caring side underneath its harsher exterior. Seeing it reunite with the other heroes was heartwarming. But the coolest thing was obviously the man, the myth, the legend, Ludlow; proving that age does come with experience and we finally get to see just one of his eyes.

It looks like Terapagos has been getting power from each of the Six Heroes and that is what will trigger its transformation next episode.

I wonder if Lucius is actually somehow still alive in Rakua somehow. We don't exactly know a lot about it.

Rayquaza showing up at the end was a huge cliffhanger. I really like how the RVTs are just like, "Really!? Right here, right now!?"

Problem, Rakua is treated as this mysterious hard to reach location.
Area zero is in the literal middle of paldea and was litterally already explored before even lucius time at least in game timeline lore.

Back
Top Bottom